Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Stringbean2142

First Post
[sblock=Martelai]C8 and D8 it is. An no worries; that's the first time any of us ran into that power, and the wording is a bit complicated.[/sblock]

Rayn moves uner ther direction Martelai and lays the crossbowman's arm open to the bone. Still, that unearthly silence persists, and the three attackers continue to try and kill who they can. This time, their attention falls on Martelai. Eve distracted, the archer onthe roof slices open Martelai's cheek with a well-aimed arrow.

Rayn, however, makes a seemingly fatal mistake. He attempts to use the overturned cart to give him momentum in an improvised charge against the starlock, but the cart shifts and Rayn falls to the ground at the party's feet.

[sblock=Catein]It almost looked like Rayn was trying not to attack Martelai, and caused the fall on purpose...[/sblock]
[sblock=Status]Rayn Versus Archer. Hits for 9 damage. Rolls.

Archers Versus Martelai. Even with the mark, the archer on the roof hits Martelai for 13 damage. Rolls.

Martelai OA versus Rayn misses. Rolls.

Rayn Acrobatic check. Rolls. Fails, and falls prone.

Archer @ B8: 3/32, Bloodied, Slowed.
Archer @ B5: 13,32, Bloodied, Slowed.
Lt. Rayn: 20/47, Bloodied, Slowed, Prone.
Atlas: 20/25.
Martelai: 15/28.

Archers (BLUE)
AC 15, Fort 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
HP 32, Speed 7
OA Simple Punch
+3 versus AC, 1d4+2 damage

Lt. Rayn (RED)
AC 18, Fort 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
HP 47, Speed 5
OA Bastard Sword
+10 versus AC, 1d10+5 damage[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
2e3xs10.jpg
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Bell thinks it best to deal to try to whittle down the number of targets total. She quickly side steps to left right to get out of the way of Mr. Big Angry Crazy and focuses her thoughts to the human archer.

"I heard you're mother was so disappointed in you she took up pottery so she didn't have to think about. My metal friend there even told her it was a good idea." She motioned over her shoulder toward Catein and trying to play it cool. She had a feeling she barely hit her mark though.

[sblock=Misdirected Mark]
Attack Roll vs. Reflex (1d20+3=13) Damage (1d8+3=5) Non-lethal. This will mark the target as Catein's Mark.[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Martelai, they've placed you near my blast area again, kindly remove yourself. Veruzak eyes the crazed foes, considering how to restrain them...

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
"This ends now, Rayn!"

Catein rushes to the fallen Rayn. As it arrives, its arms unravel into their component chains and entwine themselves around the Lieutenant's extremities. Thin chains whip about wildly, encircling his ankles and wrists. They are soon joined by larger, stronger chains flailing out from deep inside the construct's chest. Within moments, Rayn is held in dozens of spots by chains of various sizes. All of the chains are different parts of Catein's body.

The chainer no longer seems to be an anthropomorphic assemblage of chains; instead it seems to be a tangled web of chains that happens to have a pair of glowing blue eyes.

"Now is the time, Rayn," Catein whispers to its prisoner. "I know you're under the control of something else. Now is the time to surrender, and we can help you fight this madness and regain control of yourself. Stop the fight, Rayn. Tell your men to stop and they will. You have the power to end this violence."

[sblock=Actions]
Move to F9
Standard -- Grab attempt on Rayn with Combat Advantage:
1d20+8 vs Reflex (15) = 18

Also, if the guy at 3 hit points happens to hit me, I'll take him down with Armor of Wrath. If either of the other two hit me, I'll only use it if it would take them down at that moment.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Kendrick sees an opening prepares to move to flank and... Bell moves away. No matter, quick footwork would bring him in a pincer maneuver with Martelai and... Catein gets in the way to wrestle with Rayn.

-''Son of a...''

****ing spellcasters don't get in the way of... No, Don't let yourself get distracted, just do your job.

Kendrick strikes out violently from both swords and the right one dig deep in his leg.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor : Quarry Rayn
Two Fanged Strike
vs AC 18 (1d20+7=20, 1d8+4=7, 1d20+7=11, 1d8+4=6)
Hunter's Quarry (1d6=4)

Hit once, 11 hp
[/sblock]

[sblock=Roadtoad] :lol: I get it, it's your character concept. But damn, you better not pull that kind of stunt when our lives are actually on the line![/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Kendrick

HP 31 / 31 Healing Surge 8 / 8 AP:1

AC: 17 Fortitude: 16 Reflex: 13 Will: 13

Two-fanged Strike used.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
[sblock=Mal]
:lol: I get it, it's your character concept. But damn, you better not pull that kind of stunt when our lives are actually on the line!

So... don't immobilize the hardest-hitting enemy while he's prone, and thus giving up combat advantage? He needs to use two move actions to escape (a die roll he might even fail) and stand up, leaving him a minor to whine at us about how he missed his whole turn?

Seems okay to me, tactically... Seems pretty darn controllerish, too.

Just so we know it's not just RP. :D
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Catein]These are good points, but you could have done it without taking my flanking spot. Always leave me the flanking spot![/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[sblock=For DM]OOC: Martelai has AC 15 and concealment from shadow walk. Unless archer targeted Fort or Ref he would miss on 16 (I looked up the rolls after I realized you may forgotten concealment. It is of no consequence, except for loosing two healing surges (which I don't like to do :)) Can we write it off as fleshwound?[/sblock]

Martelai shifts away from melee and shoots toward the archer on the roof with bolt of eldritch energy. However, he seems distracted by the arrow that grazed him and the bolt overshoots, dissapearing into the sky.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Draw dagger
Move: shift to C10
Standard:Eldritch blast against archer on the roof
Eldritch Blast (1d20+4=8, 1d10+4=12)
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases