Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=To Stringbean2142]
Stringbean 2142 said:
There was five attackers total to start the attack. One was Lt. Rayn. One, the attacker of the woman, was one of the two scouts. The other scout is the one who tipped the cart and scared off the horse(s). One archer is currently crouched behind the wagon, and the other archer went around behind the building (where you couldn't see) and is currently on the roof, 10 feet up at B5. I wasn't sure which attacker you meant, but all five you know of are either on the map or out of the fight.
I just got a bit worried and confused, not sure why since things make sense now. I briefly thought that one of the assailants was inside of the house where Yurians wife is at the moment, which thankfully is not the case :).
Another Question: The guy dying on the street, is he dead or is there some chance left to safe him?
[/sblock]

Stringbean2142

First Post
[sblock=Veruzak]At alt 3, you'll have no penalties from the archers but Lt. Rayn is in the blast shadow from the cart, but it's a minor obstruction so it's just a negation any combat advantage from the dazed. The attack will be a straight as-it-is-written attack on Lt. Rayn.[/sblock]
[sblock=Atlas]You'll have to get closer to see if you can save him, but from here it looks pretty brutal.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Martelai is partly behind the cart and has concealment from Shadow walk. Sure thing, fire up. And promise that in due time you will take War Wizardry feat :) Just don't expect Martelai to like in IC

Had I known you'll blast them, I'd move Rayn for his attack in the open.

Last edited:

Stringbean2142

First Post
[sblock=Bell]I just realized, you tried to move to E10, where Atlas already is. For now, I've got you at D10 on my map, but if you want another square that still lets you do what you did, let me know. Sorry about missing that earlier, but I didn't have the full map with me in New York![/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post

Duck Martelai!
It seems that Veruzak has thrown the orb, and as it flies blackness begins to churn within it, suddenly the orb stops mid-air.
Martelai! DUCK! And EXPLODES! Inky tendrils of black shadowstuff erupts entangling everything within reach.

Veruzak's orb in reality continues to rest in his open palm, but the rift into the shadowfell from which the shadows sprouted was real enough. The chill gloom draining the mental facilities of any creature it latched onto.

[sblock=OOC]

Move D16

Standard Grasping Shadows area burst 2 centered on D7 (alt 3), Enlarged (included in damage already), (No modifiers were taken into account on these rolls, please apply any that were needed (+2 on archers, and -2 on Martelai)

Vs Will
19 on Martelai (sorry mate, war wizardry feat first priority! As soon as I hit level 11 I'll take it. If you have cover it's only a 17 though... There should be a heroic tier feat for this that allows someone to roll twice and take the lower of the two rolls.)
24 on Rayn
23 archer on ground (25 for CA)
21 archer on roof (23 for CA)
If hit, 10 Psychic damage, and the target is slowed.
Effect: Shadows writhe in the designated area and continue TE of my NT. Any creature that enters the area of the grasping shadows takes 5 psychic damage and is slowed TE of it’s NT.
Roll Lookup

Minor Perception check 17 scoping the area.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

Still OOC:
NP. I'm fairly sure 17 is still a hit, but Martelai will survive :)

[sblock=Stringbean] Decree of Khirad doesn't make it clear if affected characters are moved immediately or in their turn. I put it as free action on their turn, but it may not be in line with 4e rules.
Please see that Rayn attacks the archer with basic attack.

Also, I need to ask for clarification on Curse damage. It says that one can do curse damage once per turn, but it isn't realy clear if that is once per target per round, or once, period.
[/sblock]

[sblock=CaBaNa]
I did the chages you requested. I'm not sure what do you mean by fixing the power template, but everything else is done.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Stringbean2142

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Back from NYC, but have to go to work. Quick response to Neurotic before I leave, and I'll post the next round later today.

I really need to crack the firewall at work to let enworld in...[/sblock]
[sblock=Martelai]After reading through the power, it looks like you slide everyone, regardless if it hits or not, and then you roll the attack. I'll let you do the slide now if you can before my next post; otherwise, I'm going to do the best I can to slide them where they'll do the most good. In the future, you can do the slide as part of your turn.

Once per round, period. So if you have multiple curses active, you only get to hit one of them a round for extra damage. I ran a starlock for a bit myself in a campaign, and I hated that part of it.[/sblock]

Neurotic

[sblock=Stringbean]
OOC: If you can move them both into the open and in such way that no one of us gets hit by that blast do it. The map is not updated, so I'm not quite sure where everyone is. And frankly I'm at work so don't really have time to study it. Try to find sliding painless or include only Martelai in the blast. Move blast as appropriate as Veruzak would see them moved and he could adjust. I'd say archer moves diagonaly to C8 and Rayn to D8 and attack the archer. Veruzak can then place the blast so nobody is hurt without enlarging it.

I understand this would mean changing a little bit of descriptions and actions, but it depended on your ruling of movement. Sorry. I'll try to clear things up before posting.

Bummer for curse :)
[sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

That would be excellent all around, Martelai isn't targeted, and enemies are.

Neurotic, I'll get in tonight, and give the sheet another look over. The template isn't the right color, or spacing, but mine was really much worse when I started... I still haven't figured out MediaWiki, and we are changing Wiki systems, so don't go too far out of your way over it... A judge could probably glance, and with a few short keystrokes have it fixed!

They are magic like that.

[/sblock]

Remove ads