Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Atriden

First Post
Atlas doesn't look good and he screams in pain as he tries to fight of the mages foul spell " I can't move Martelai... but I shall heal your wounds ".
[sblock=Actions]
Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Martelai. He regains 2 ekstra hp's
Saving Throw: successful. Got 17
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]
Couldn't do more that this because of the dazed condition.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Martelai addresses the party
"Good work, Kendrick, bravo Bell! Veruzak, can you destroy that other swarm? Chainer, Atlas, we need to get to melee to that mage ASAP! Can you go? Atlas, would you heal me before you go?"

Catein seems a bit incoherent after its encounter with the wall. "Swarm first, then mage..."

[sblock=ooc]
gotta take advantage of that burst vulnerability.
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Bell was already in H7, so Catein is in H6.

Kendrick hardly has time to gloat before he finds that once again he has the Broodlord's undivided attention. If he were still in control of his nervous system, he would feel a trickle of blood running down from his nose.

The mage moves as though in a trance as he releases a puissant bolt at the shrouded girl, but the magic dissipates uselessly into the nearby stone pillar.

The mass of skittering creatures sweep towards Catein. A split second after they begin biting, there is a flash of light and the majority of them are scattered across the room. However, some of them remain, jamming Catein's limbs with their corpses.

With an expression much more serene that that you normally see on Kendrick, he turns towards Martelai and rapidly slashes at the warlock.

[sblock=Status]Initiative:
Bell (15/25, insubstantial, +2 to all defenses)
Kendrick (27/31, dominated)
Veruzak (16/20, dazed (save ends))
Catein (12/27, bloodied, immobilized, slowed, granting CA)
Broodlord (-15)
Mage (-4)
Swarm 97 (-29, bloodied, slowed)
Atlas (14/26)
Martelai (17/28, +2 to all defenses, dazed (save ends))

The Broodlord CRITS Kendrick, with an attack that does no damage. Kendrick is dominated until the end of the Broodlord's next turn.

The Mage casts Magic Missile at Bell, but fails to reach the realm of double digits.

The swarm shifts to G9 and charges Catein, drawing an AoO from Bell, which misses badly. Martelai and Kendrick are currently unable to make AoOs. The charge hits Reflex 20 for 9 damage and Catein is immobilized, as well as bloodied. This triggers Armor of Wrath, which deals 13 damage to the swarm, bloodying it, and pushes it to H9. I mean, you don't have to push it to H9, but if it's in H9 then none of your allies are going to start their turn adjacent to it. F6 also accomplishes this, if you'd prefer.

On his turn, Kendrick goes crazy nuts on Martelai Twin Strikes Martelai, hitting AC 20 for 5 damage and AC 19 for 3 damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Info]Broodlord:
AC 18 | Fort 16 | Reflex 14 | Will 17
HP: 76. Resist 5 Psychic
MBA: None.
Mental Feedback: Any adjacent creature who hits the Broodlord with an attack takes 3 psychic damage.
Immobile: The Broodlord cannot move or be moved. Ever.

Mage:
AC 17 | Fort 13 | Reflex 14 | Will 15
HP: 42
MBA: +4 vs AC, 1d8 damage.

Swarm:
AC 18 | Fort 14 | Reflex 15 | Will 12
HP: 37. Immune: Psychic. Half damage from melee and range attacks. Vulnerable 10 against close and area attacks
MBA: +6 vs Reflex, 1d8+3 damage, and the target is immobilized until the start of the swarm's next turn.
Swarm Aura: Any enemy who starts adjacent to the swarm is attacked with a MBA.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Info]The disgusting ponds of goo have no effect. They are too shallow and not sticky enough to hinder you in any way.

However, whenever you start your turn adjacent to a red wall (corners don't count) it makes an attack at +4 vs Will. On a hit, you are slowed and grant combat advantage until the end of your next turn.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Enc2_round3.jpg
    Enc2_round3.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: The swarm's attack at the start of your last turn. Since you can teleport while immobilized, it didn't matter as much...*trails off* ...and it matters even less because the immobilization has since worn off. Nevermind, I'll fix that.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Encouraged by her teams actions, and Martelai . . . encouragement, bell shifts forward, past the downed enemy and focuses on the mage.

"You sir are lackluster comparatively to my overt companions!" She shouted, trying to jar his own self back to the fold.

[sblock=ooc]Shift to I7.
Cutting word vs Wizard. 11 vs will. 9 psychic damage and pull the target to J7.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Did... I... Mention... That I hate him... so MUCH!''

[sblock=OOC]I am pretty sure the domination is a ranged attack, meaning it provokes attack of opportunity so, Atlas... PLEASE ENGAGE THE BROODLORD! Ahem. When you have the opportunity.[/sblock]

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Catein blasts the remaining swarmlings again with its chains, scattering and crushing them completely. It then spends some time picking out the tiny bodies from inside its limbs.

"Bell, that wall... don't stand by the walls."

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Grasping Shards at H10
...1d20+4=21; Hits for 14 damage, killing the swarm.

Move and Minor: pick dead swarmling bodies out of its body so it can moe next turn.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases