Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Stringbean2142

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Note to self: Enlarge Spell sucks. Big time.

Very nice, Veruzak. I actually was trying to make sure they couldn't all get hit by a single burst. Whoops! Probably your best bet is along the wall of the tavern somewhere for your move; is H19 acceptable?

Let's see, resolving your rolls so the others know what they're facing. First, the daily. The archer and the scouts are hit, Rayn is missed by 2. All but Rayn take 8 damage. All are slowed and -2 to attack.

Now, the scorching burst. The scouts are hit again, but the archer and Rayn are both missed. This time, it was a crit miss on Rayn. Pray IC comes back, because I'm rolling pretty crappy for y'all! So, 7 more damage to the scouts. Very productive first actions.

Now, for Bell's actions. She hits for 8 damage and pulls the scout to G9. Color me impressed; two of you have gone, and one dude's near dead already. Keep it up, team!

I'll add in fluff when the bad guy's next turn comes around; usually, you could do it yourself, but with IC down I'm improvising here to let you know what's going on with the actions before yours.[/sblock]
[sblock=Veruzak]In regards to what you find in those minds: darn near nothing. I mean nothing, as though they are a blank slate. Rolled Arcana for you, and got a 29 (you a bad man, wizard!), so there is something on the very edge of your ability to sense. It's a clicking, along with some sort of a buzz. Think an old dial-up modem's sound, and you'll have a good idea. It's on the edge not because it's subtle or quiet, but because it's everywhere and it's almost impossible for you to get a feel for it because it's so much bigger than what your magics allow you to sense. It's white noise, and probably explains at least in part why you can't pick anything up.[/sblock]
[sblock=Status]Archer @ E7: 24/32, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
Scout @ G9: 4/27, Bloodied, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
Scout @ G11: 12/27, Bloodied, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
Lt. Rayn: Slowed, -2 to Attack.

Archers (BLUE)
AC 15, Fort 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
HP 32, Speed 7
OA Simple Punch
+3 versus AC, 1d4+2 damage

Scouts (YELLOW)
AC 15, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 13
HP 27, Speed 6
OA Club
+6 versus AC, 1d8+2 damage

Lt. Rayn (RED)
AC 18, Fort 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
HP 47, Speed 5
OA Bastard Sword
+10 versus AC, 1d10+5 damage[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Kendrick has his badge around his neck and looks more amused than proud. But the screams from outside take a more alarming turn so he checks through the window. Ah. Murderers. Well, they were playing his son. And Veruzak's sudden pyrothechnics made it all the sweeter. A feral smile plays out on his lips as he strolls outside. He lines up the closest scout, makes sure to use the wall to cover one flank, draws his favored sword with relish and charges his opponent. No threats, no shouting, just steel, as he'd been taught.

[sblock=Actions]
Move to H16
Minor : Draw one sword
Standard : Charge to H12,
Attack +8 (Including +1 for charge) vs AC 15
Hit : Damage 1d8+4

Too bad I didn't start the fight with two sword drawn. Can't use quarry just yet.
[/sblock]

Stringbean2142

First Post
[sblock=Status]Hit! for 10 damage on the Scout at G11. I was hoping for a crit there, to put him out of his misery.

Archer @ E7: 24/32, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
Scout @ G9: 4/27, Bloodied, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
Scout @ G11: 2/27, Bloodied, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
Lt. Rayn: Slowed, -2 to Attack.

Archers (BLUE)
HP 32, Speed 7
OA Simple Punch

Scouts (YELLOW)
AC 15, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 13
HP 27, Speed 6
OA Club
+6 versus AC, 1d8+2 damage

Lt. Rayn (RED)
HP 47, Speed 5
OA Bastard Sword
+10 versus AC, 1d10+5 damage [/sblock]

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Upon hearing the commotion outside, Catein looks out the window. Seeing the carnage, it immediately loses interest in talking to the council elders. "Excuse me," it says before whirling in place and rushing out the door of the tavern. Once outside, with a better view of the wrongdoers, it bellows at them. "STOP WHERE YOU ARE!"

Suddenly great spectral chains appear behind the three closest men, including Rayn. They wrap around the men and attempt to pull them back up the street, away from the tavern...

[sblock=Actions]
move to F17
Standard: Thunder of Judgment on G9, G11, and Rayn
+4 vs. Fort; 1d6+4 damage. Hit targets are pushed 3 squares and dazed until end of my next turn.

If hit, G9 & G11 will die, so the only push to worry about is Rayn. I'll put him in G6 if I hit him
[/sblock]

Stringbean2142

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ok, one last post before hopping on the plane, you hit all three. The two scouts are down, and Rayn is hit for 5 points of damage, dazed, and pushed to G6.

Archer @ E7: 24/32, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
Lt. Rayn: 42/47 Dazed, Slowed, -2 to Attack.

Archers (BLUE)
HP 32, Speed 7
OA Simple Punch

Lt. Rayn (RED)
HP 47, Speed 5
OA Bastard Sword
+10 versus AC, 1d10+5 damage[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: changin little bit since Stringbean posted while I was createing post...since scout is down target is E6 archer and he is pulled to E9

Martelai strides forward toward the archer giving him evil eye. While archer feels sudden attention from distant stars, it is just an unease at this point. It quickly changes as Martelai beckons with his finger and calls out.
"You couldn't hit an elephant from that far, you despicable inept! Come closer!"
Commanding power creeps into his voice and archer feels compelled to move.

Bell cannot help but notice that fey uses same modulations altough little bit on the scarrier side, more intimidating then aluring.

Move: to F15
Minor: curse closest enemy (archer)
Standard: targeting G11E7: Cutting words 5 vs. WILL 1d8+4 +1d6 from curse. Archer is pulled to E13E9 (to get the rest of the party clear shot to him)

Shadow walk: Martelai has concealment as darkness from beyond swirls around him

Last edited:

Atriden

First Post
Atlas follows his comrades out of the tavern with surprisingly quick moves. Seeing everyone use lethal force he shouts " These men may be touched by madness, but think twice before you decide to end their life's " and he encourages the group not to kill these men, if possible.

Focusing on getting as close as he can towards Captain Yurians house, he grabs his sword and plunges towards LT. Ryan, showing no fear nor any doubt. This was what he was born to do and he would prevail.

[sblock=Actions]
Move Action: Moves to E15
Minor Action: pulls his longsword forth
Standard Action: Charges Lt. Ryan: Got +10 to hit ( because Lt. Ryan is Dazed and because Atlas Charges) does 1d8+4 damage if he hits.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The thought that they might be killing these people hadn't crossed her mind yet. But no one would. . . She looked between her allies. Veruzak's fire was magic so it wouldn't really. . . and Martelai was using the same abilities as I, sort of. . .I think Catein was trying to incapacitate not Punish punish. . . Then her eyes fell on Kendrick.

"Yeah! What he said!"

[sblock=ooc]If anyone is missed by an attack in the next round, I can slide you one square. Just let me know if there's somewhere else you'd rather be.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Those men are not touched by madness, they have lost their minds, in as literal a sense as I have ever experienced... The words are incredulous, a short pause, Atlas is correct, we must preserve these husks for research! Keep the brain intact!

Veruzak was less perturbed by the state of the minds he found, and more by his inability to touch Rayn. As if a force were holding him out, a barrier of white noise.

His parties display was impressive, swift, and to the point. His shadar-kai side was beaming. Until he glanced Catein, and remembered which side of the law he was on. Bunching in around his nose, the tattoos still faintly pulsed, as Veruzak made the scrunchy face of hate.

*The things I do for knowledge...*

[sblock=OOC]

H19 is ok.

Veruzak has experience with Kenku's does it sound like their speech?

He also plans to use the enemies like antenna eventually, or like the radio in silent hill... Use them to find the signals origin, or try to find if the conscious mind is underneath there somewhere.

Atlas gave him the idea though.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
CaBaNa said:
He also plans to use the enemies like antenna eventually, or like the radio in silent hill... Use them to find the signals origin, or try to find if the conscious mind is underneath there somewhere.

Atlas gave him the idea though.
You are welcome :). Not sure how I gave you the idea with antennas, but I was planning on making them cough up some sort of information ;).

Man I miss old fashioned horror games like silent hill or resident evil (when the series were still good)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads