Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking) - Page 11




+ Log in or register to post
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 726
  1. #101
    Martelai
    C8 and D8 it is. An no worries; that's the first time any of us ran into that power, and the wording is a bit complicated.


    Rayn moves uner ther direction Martelai and lays the crossbowman's arm open to the bone. Still, that unearthly silence persists, and the three attackers continue to try and kill who they can. This time, their attention falls on Martelai. Eve distracted, the archer onthe roof slices open Martelai's cheek with a well-aimed arrow.

    Rayn, however, makes a seemingly fatal mistake. He attempts to use the overturned cart to give him momentum in an improvised charge against the starlock, but the cart shifts and Rayn falls to the ground at the party's feet.

    Catein
    It almost looked like Rayn was trying not to attack Martelai, and caused the fall on purpose...

    Status
    Rayn Versus Archer. Hits for 9 damage. Rolls.

    Archers Versus Martelai. Even with the mark, the archer on the roof hits Martelai for 13 damage. Rolls.

    Martelai OA versus Rayn misses. Rolls.

    Rayn Acrobatic check. Rolls. Fails, and falls prone.

    Archer @ B8: 3/32, Bloodied, Slowed.
    Archer @ B5: 13,32, Bloodied, Slowed.
    Lt. Rayn: 20/47, Bloodied, Slowed, Prone.
    Atlas: 20/25.
    Martelai: 15/28.

    Archers (BLUE)
    AC 15, Fort 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
    HP 32, Speed 7
    OA Simple Punch
    +3 versus AC, 1d4+2 damage

    Lt. Rayn (RED)
    AC 18, Fort 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
    HP 47, Speed 5
    OA Bastard Sword
    +10 versus AC, 1d10+5 damage

    Map
    Current Characters
    Mesa, Razorclaw Shifter Druid 2

    Current Games as DM
    Enemy Among Us - L4W

 

  • #102
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Bell thinks it best to deal to try to whittle down the number of targets total. She quickly side steps to left right to get out of the way of Mr. Big Angry Crazy and focuses her thoughts to the human archer.

    "I heard you're mother was so disappointed in you she took up pottery so she didn't have to think about. My metal friend there even told her it was a good idea." She motioned over her shoulder toward Catein and trying to play it cool. She had a feeling she barely hit her mark though.


    Misdirected Mark
    Attack Roll vs. Reflex (1d20+3=13) Damage (1d8+3=5) Non-lethal. This will mark the target as Catein's Mark.
    Last edited by ScorpiusRisk; Wednesday, 23rd September, 2009 at 12:58 PM.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #103
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,062

    Ignore CaBaNa
    Martelai, they've placed you near my blast area again, kindly remove yourself. Veruzak eyes the crazed foes, considering how to restrain them...
    MAGIC!

  • #104
    "This ends now, Rayn!"

    Catein rushes to the fallen Rayn. As it arrives, its arms unravel into their component chains and entwine themselves around the Lieutenant's extremities. Thin chains whip about wildly, encircling his ankles and wrists. They are soon joined by larger, stronger chains flailing out from deep inside the construct's chest. Within moments, Rayn is held in dozens of spots by chains of various sizes. All of the chains are different parts of Catein's body.

    The chainer no longer seems to be an anthropomorphic assemblage of chains; instead it seems to be a tangled web of chains that happens to have a pair of glowing blue eyes.

    "Now is the time, Rayn," Catein whispers to its prisoner. "I know you're under the control of something else. Now is the time to surrender, and we can help you fight this madness and regain control of yourself. Stop the fight, Rayn. Tell your men to stop and they will. You have the power to end this violence."

    Actions

    Move to F9
    Standard -- Grab attempt on Rayn with Combat Advantage:
    1d20+8 vs Reflex (15) = 18

    Also, if the guy at 3 hit points happens to hit me, I'll take him down with Armor of Wrath. If either of the other two hit me, I'll only use it if it would take them down at that moment.

    Last edited by roadtoad; Tuesday, 22nd September, 2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Armor of Wrath
    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

  • #105
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Kendrick sees an opening prepares to move to flank and... Bell moves away. No matter, quick footwork would bring him in a pincer maneuver with Martelai and... Catein gets in the way to wrestle with Rayn.

    -''Son of a...''

    ****ing spellcasters don't get in the way of... No, Don't let yourself get distracted, just do your job.

    Kendrick strikes out violently from both swords and the right one dig deep in his leg.

    Actions

    Minor : Quarry Rayn
    Two Fanged Strike
    vs AC 18 (1d20+7=20, 1d8+4=7, 1d20+7=11, 1d8+4=6)
    Hunter's Quarry (1d6=4)

    Hit once, 11 hp


    Roadtoad
    I get it, it's your character concept. But damn, you better not pull that kind of stunt when our lives are actually on the line!



    Stats

    Kendrick

    HP 31 / 31 Healing Surge 8 / 8 AP:1

    AC: 17 Fortitude: 16 Reflex: 13 Will: 13

    Two-fanged Strike used.
    Last edited by Mal Malenkirk; Tuesday, 22nd September, 2009 at 05:38 AM.

  • #106
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,062

    Ignore CaBaNa
    OOC


    @Roadtoad, I love it, you play Catein to character, even in battle.

    MAGIC!

  • #107
    Mal
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Malenkirk View Post
    I get it, it's your character concept. But damn, you better not pull that kind of stunt when our lives are actually on the line!
    So... don't immobilize the hardest-hitting enemy while he's prone, and thus giving up combat advantage? He needs to use two move actions to escape (a die roll he might even fail) and stand up, leaving him a minor to whine at us about how he missed his whole turn?

    Seems okay to me, tactically... Seems pretty darn controllerish, too.

    Just so we know it's not just RP.
    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

  • #108
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Catein
    These are good points, but you could have done it without taking my flanking spot. Always leave me the flanking spot!
    Last edited by Mal Malenkirk; Tuesday, 22nd September, 2009 at 07:22 AM.

  • #109
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,002

    Ignore Neurotic
    For DM
    OOC: Martelai has AC 15 and concealment from shadow walk. Unless archer targeted Fort or Ref he would miss on 16 (I looked up the rolls after I realized you may forgotten concealment. It is of no consequence, except for loosing two healing surges (which I don't like to do ) Can we write it off as fleshwound?


    Martelai shifts away from melee and shoots toward the archer on the roof with bolt of eldritch energy. However, he seems distracted by the arrow that grazed him and the bolt overshoots, dissapearing into the sky.

    Actions

    Minor: Draw dagger
    Move: shift to C10
    Standard:Eldritch blast against archer on the roof
    Eldritch Blast (1d20+4=8, 1d10+4=12)

  • #110
    Martelai
    Good call; forgot the concealment. 'Tis but a flesh wound, good sir!
    Current Characters
    Mesa, Razorclaw Shifter Druid 2

    Current Games as DM
    Enemy Among Us - L4W

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking
      By Grimmjow in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 151
      Last Post: Friday, 5th April, 2013, 12:37 AM
    2. Replies: 807
      Last Post: Saturday, 28th May, 2011, 06:02 AM
    3. Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 291
      Last Post: Wednesday, 1st September, 2010, 03:27 PM
    4. Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 846
      Last Post: Friday, 9th April, 2010, 04:06 PM
    5. Replies: 1086
      Last Post: Friday, 19th February, 2010, 02:41 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •