Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking) - Page 2


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 726
  1. #11
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    roadtoad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    433
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore roadtoad
    The chains of Catein's body seem to be entirely undamaged. Now properly repaired from its encounter with the surly gnome in the tavern, it makes its way to the back alley, to fulfill the contract entered into the previous evening.

    "Yurian, sir, I am ready for duty. Can I please have a full report of the requirements, expectations, and goals of my part in this expedition?"

    Catein also introduces itself to its fellow employees.

    "Hello, I am Catein. Some call me "Chainer," for that is what I am: a construct created to chain up and restrain those who lack the capacity to control themselves. Please tell me your names and talents."
    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    "Please tell me your names and talents."
    Kendrick blinks in surprise a few time. Why so formal?

    -''Uh, Kendrick Kent. I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue.''

  • #13
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Stringbean2142's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    139
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Stringbean2142
    OOC
    Love the roleplay so far folks! And Mal, "...I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue." Priceless.

    Yurian frowns at Veruzak's words, but the eladrin seems to move between emotions rather quickly, so he dismisses the embarassment comment for now. Instead, Yurian says, "No definitive leads, but as Ms. Jabson said everything that is know will be provided at the Council meeting. Frankly, we don't know what to make of it. The people are suggesting everything from disease to vampires."

    He pauses as Catein arrives, and says, "Ahh, wonderful. We're almost ready to go here. I was just started with the explanation. There are no leads, so you all will be tasked with investigating the disturbances and tracking down what's causing them. Then, depending on the cause, you will be expected to resolve the situation.

    "You will all be working directly for the Council, with the same rights as one of the Isle guards. You'll be expected to follow the law, but can search buildings and question people under your own authority. Only the Council can take that from you, and you're only considered Council Agents until the disturbances are resolved."


    He looks around at the group, as though judging whether he should say the next bit. "While it has been decided you are independent agents while dealing with this matter, I hope there won't be any friction between my Guard and your group. We all want the same thing; for this aggressive behavior to stop."

    Passive Insight 15
    He's not entirely happy you're not under his control, but seems willing to do his duty as instructed.

    He holds the ritual scroll out towards Veruzak. "Would you like to conduct the ritual as well, since it's clear I don't know what I'm doing?" Ok, so maybe he hasn't completely dismissed the embarrassment comment.

    Neurotic
    Yep, there's two spots still open, and an extra striker should be no problem. If you want, we can say you were recruited last night IC, and are just now showing up. I took a look at your sheet, and while I didn't really dig in I didn't see anything that jumped out at me as bad, so welcome aboard if you want!

    Veruzak
    On the Arcana check, you know for sure that Bell's not a vanilla human, but her comment on having fey blood throws you off the scent. Your Insight tells you that she thinks she's telling the truth. Still, the first time she uses Shadow Jaunt give me another Arcana check with a +2 bonus.

    Party
    Ok, so that's five with Martelai. Once everyone's gathered, we can take off. Hopefully, that will be tomorrow. Also, between the killer rolls Bell and Veruzak pulled off for Arcana, there's going to be 35gp of residuum left after the ritual. It's all yours!
    Last edited by Stringbean2142; Thursday, 10th September, 2009 at 12:57 AM.
    Current Characters
    Mesa, Razorclaw Shifter Druid 2

    Current Games as DM
    Enemy Among Us - L4W

  • #14
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    ooc
    Double checked character sheet. I don't think this character will be opening any passive insight boxes.


    Bell was a little worried at trying to explain her talents to the large metallic man, it was even completely clear to her what she did, luckily Kendrick spoke first and she realized that she wouldn't have to be too specific.

    "I'm Bell the Point. I'm kinda sneaky and I know stuff."

    She then turned to Yurian to address his comments. "Don't worry sir. There should be nor problem with the guard, as long as they're not driven by madness. . . or secret members of a horrible cult, or corrupted by devils, or thralls of a mind flayer, or bound to an evil dragon, or coniving dopplegangers, or aberations of nature. . ."
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #15
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore CaBaNa
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Stringbean2142 View Post
    OOC
    Love the roleplay so far folks! And Mal, "...I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue." Priceless.

    Yurian frowns at Veruzak's words, but the eladrin seems to move between emotions rather quickly, so he dismisses the embarassment comment for now. Instead, Yurian says, "No definitive leads, but as Ms. Jabson said everything that is know will be provided at the Council meeting. Frankly, we don't know what to make of it. The people are suggesting everything from disease to vampires."
    Quote Originally Posted by roadtoad View Post
    The chains of Catein's body seem to be entirely undamaged. Now properly repaired from its encounter with the surly gnome in the tavern, it makes its way to the back alley, to fulfill the contract entered into the previous evening.

    "Yurian, sir, I am ready for duty. Can I please have a full report of the requirements, expectations, and goals of my part in this expedition?"

    Catein also introduces itself to its fellow employees.

    "Hello, I am Catein. Some call me "Chainer," for that is what I am: a construct created to chain up and restrain those who lack the capacity to control themselves. Please tell me your names and talents."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Malenkirk View Post
    Kendrick blinks in surprise a few time. Why so formal?

    -''Uh, Kendrick Kent. I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue.''

    Veruzak's eyes narrow to magenta slits, Veruzak, you horrid abomination. the words seethe out of clenched teeth, another draw and a purple plume later, he continues Not you Kendrick, that's an excellent talent. he turns his head back to peer directly into the judging eyes of the chain golem, And I do what I please...



    Quote Originally Posted by Stringbean2142 View Post

    He pauses as Catein arrives, and says, "Ahh, wonderful. We're almost ready to go here. I was just started with the explanation. There are no leads, so you all will be tasked with investigating the disturbances and tracking down what's causing them. Then, depending on the cause, you will be expected to resolve the situation.

    "You will all be working directly for the Council, with the same rights as one of the Isle guards. You'll be expected to follow the law, but can search buildings and question people under your own authority. Only the Council can take that from you, and you're only considered Council Agents until the disturbances are resolved."


    He looks around at the group, as though judging whether he should say the next bit. "While it has been decided you are independent agents while dealing with this matter, I hope there won't be any friction between my Guard and your group. We all want the same thing; for this aggressive behavior to stop."

    Passive Insight 15
    He's not entirely happy you're not under his control, but seems willing to do his duty as instructed.

    He holds the ritual scroll out towards Veruzak. "Would you like to conduct the ritual as well, since it's clear I don't know what I'm doing?" Ok, so maybe he hasn't completely dismissed the embarrassment comment.

    Neurotic
    Yep, there's two spots still open, and an extra striker should be no problem. If you want, we can say you were recruited last night IC, and are just now showing up. I took a look at your sheet, and while I didn't really dig in I didn't see anything that jumped out at me as bad, so welcome aboard if you want!

    Veruzak
    On the Arcana check, you know for sure that Bell's not a vanilla human, but her comment on having fey blood throws you off the scent. Your Insight tells you that she thinks she's telling the truth. Still, the first time she uses Shadow Jaunt give me another Arcana check with a +2 bonus.

    Party
    Ok, so that's five with Martelai. Once everyone's gathered, we can take off. Hopefully, that will be tomorrow. Also, between the killer rolls Bell and Veruzak pulled off for Arcana, there's going to be 35gp of residuum left after the ritual. It's all yours!
    Veruzak takes the scroll and replies,

    Thank you. Will you be coming along? It's important to the rit...
    Veruzak stops mid-sentence to listen as Bell begins speaking with Catein,

    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiusRisk View Post
    ooc
    Double checked character sheet. I don't think this character will be opening any passive insight boxes.


    Bell was a little worried at trying to explain her talents to the large metallic man, it was even completely clear to her what she did, luckily Kendrick spoke first and she realized that she wouldn't have to be too specific.

    "I'm Bell the Point. I'm kinda sneaky and I know stuff."

    She then turned to Yurian to address his comments. "Don't worry sir. There should be nor problem with the guard, as long as they're not driven by madness. . . or secret members of a horrible cult, or corrupted by devils, or thralls of a mind flayer, or bound to an evil dragon, or coniving dopplegangers, or aberations of nature. . ."
    As I was saying, Veruzak doesn't seem to think Bell interrupted him, as he picks up as if the side conversation hadn't happened, Will you be coming? It is crucial information to the ritual. As to your guards venom drips from the word, though the eladrin continues to smile, I'm sure as long as they keep their distance, and let us conduct our investigation, there should be no problem. The wizard turns to continue staring at Catein, examining the intricacy of his build, watching his movement.


    Mal Malenkirk


    |ThrownWeaponIsHeavy=yes

    Paste that anywhere in the basic attack area, if you need an example check out Kamotz.

    That will fix your handaxe.
    Last edited by CaBaNa; Thursday, 10th September, 2009 at 03:37 AM.
    MAGIC!

  • #16
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,137
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neurotic
    "Greetings everyone. I'm sorry to be so late, I had short encounter on the way here with someone who thought my purse was too exposed. I managed to dissuade him, but I lost few minutes there.

    My name is Martelai Luinil."


    New arrival looks around nodding to all, but fey. He meets their eyes, but otherwise passes without aknowledging them.

    "Oh, and I am astrologer, I can read your fate from the moon and stars." he nods toward chainman.

    "Add me to your ritual, mage. And ask if you need assistance."

    It's not hard to see that this astrologer has issues with eladrin.


    OOC: Hello, everyone. Thanks for allowing me to game. This is my first 4e so please forgive any stupid errors or rules mix-ups. Otherwise I'm a gamer with 15 years of experience (started with AD&D )
    Last edited by Neurotic; Thursday, 10th September, 2009 at 09:22 AM.

  • #17
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore CaBaNa
    My communities:

    Veruzak mutters to himself, Another? *sniff* *sniff* he smells at the newcomer, *he does smell like magic, I'll wait, and see if he demonstrates anywhere near the potential of the prodigy.*
    the thought is filed away with a dozen others.

    Fate is for those with Faith, and I am no mere mage , The facial tattoos scrunchy face in, as if the flesh of the eladrin were attempting a dog-pile upon his nose, I'm Veruzak, take a look at the circle, what would you modify to improve upon it? the question could be rhetorical, but it was asked none-the-less. There was no particular malice to the tone, but it begged to be impressed, dared, challenged the person hearing it. Eladrin hands swept from one side of the circle to the other, as if inviting Martelay to play at a game of chess.




    OOC


    Arcana to determine Martelay's racial background, 25

    with a good insight, Martelay may realize Veruzak wants him to improve the ritual, and that he has no qualms about his race.

    MAGIC!

  • #18
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,137
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neurotic
    OOC: critical insight!! arcana = 14, but bluff is 23
    OOC2: Notice MARTELA-I not Y...it was error on my part and now I cannot change the character in sandbox...the link is correct...

    Martelai eyes the eladrin and his posture relaxes as he notices earnest interest in fey mage. He inspects the circle not seeing anything wrong with it. Still he tries to put a good face to it with some quick word-work.

    "The runes are immaculate, I commend the one who draw them. Since the circle is very precise, only other option to improve upon it would be to use certain substances that tie everyone who travels and also something other then runes that ties to the destination. I heard of such components, but they usualy involve expensive crystals attuned to places and blood for creatures. Both substantialy increase cost of the ritual, not to mention discomfort for travelers. Ergo, I cannot advise how to improve the ritual right now.

    Your turn. How are you not a mage? I didn't mean to demean your vocation, I simply arrived to late for introductions and you seemed ready to start the ritual so names could wait."


    Arcana (1d20+8=14); Bluff(1d20+9=23); Insight(1d20+2=22)
    Last edited by Neurotic; Thursday, 10th September, 2009 at 10:56 AM.

  • #19
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    Bell looked back and forth between Martelai and Veruzak. She had read this scene a hundred times before and it almost always played out the same way. What seemed like polite conversation between tow masters of their trade was really a parlay of subtle verbal blows. She knew what would come next. . . Wizard Duel!

    Bell stepped back and carefully circled round so that Catein was in front of her but she could still see the action. This is going to be so neat!
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #20
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Atriden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    469
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Atriden
    Recruitment

    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiusRisk
    There's one spot left open in Stringbean's adventure but you have to act quick! We're leaving by one way portal pretty soon.

    Check out 'An Enemy Among Us'. If you're a melee warlord, you'd be much appreciated.
    I am very interested in joining if there is room. I have made a melee warlord called Atlas, who is almost finished. I can be ready with him tomorrow if ya can wait one more day.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking
      By Grimmjow in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 151
      Last Post: Friday, 5th April, 2013, 01:37 AM
    2. Replies: 807
      Last Post: Saturday, 28th May, 2011, 07:02 AM
    3. Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 291
      Last Post: Wednesday, 1st September, 2010, 04:27 PM
    4. Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 846
      Last Post: Friday, 9th April, 2010, 05:06 PM
    5. Replies: 1086
      Last Post: Friday, 19th February, 2010, 03:41 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •