Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking) - Page 3




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 726
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    ooc
    That would give us:
    2.3 Strikers
    2.3 Controllers
    1.3 Leaders

    With 2/4 Melee/ranged ratio. Even though it bumps us up to six people a 2nd melee character might be nice. . .
    Last edited by ScorpiusRisk; Thursday, 10th September, 2009 at 06:40 PM.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

 

  • #22
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    roadtoad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    418

    Ignore roadtoad
    Quote Originally Posted by CaBaNa View Post
    Veruzak's eyes narrow to magenta slits, Veruzak, you horrid abomination. the words seethe out of clenched teeth . . . he turns his head back to peer directly into the judging eyes of the chain golem, And I do what I please...
    "I see," says the construct. "I was under the impression that people of your ilk held themselves above others and exhibited a greater degree of self-control and etiquette. Thank you for this lesson in the inability of an eladrin to keep a civil tongue. I suggest, if you can not keep your personal issues to yourself, that we communicate only where necessary for the furtherance of our mission. I will take your silence as agreement."

    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiusRisk View Post
    "I'm Bell the Point. I'm kinda sneaky and I know stuff."
    Catein listens to Bell's answer. "Excellent, Ms. Thepoint. I feel both of those talents will be helpful in our upcoming duties."


    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Malenkirk View Post
    -''Uh, Kendrick Kent. I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue.''
    Catein then turns to Kendrick. "Fascinating, Mr. Kent. May I see a demonstration?"


    Last edited by roadtoad; Thursday, 10th September, 2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: quotes
    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

  • #23
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Stringbean2142's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    139

    Ignore Stringbean2142
    Atriden
    I'd be glad to have you along! A second melee would definitely be a welcome thing; it will help with my encounter balance for sure. I'm pretty sure everyone's aching to get to the adventure proper, so if you can get Atlas into the alley with the rest of the party it'd be great.

    Yurian says, "Yes, I'm coming with you. You couldn't pay me to stay away from Haurton while it is in trouble. There's also one more person whom I hired last night who should be along shortly."

    He stays out of the interactions the others have with each other, but seems pleased at Catein's comments to Veruzak. Veruzak's obvious dislike of authority figures had not endeared him to the captain.

    OOC
    So, with Atlas that's a full party. Veruzak can warp us out once Atlas's here. For those that didn't get it before, you should have received 30 gp as an advance on the mission. If you have things you'd like to buy with that, declare them now or hope the isle has what you need.

    After Veruzak performs the ritual, I'll post the intro to Haurton proper. It will move along to the council meeting, but also should detail out some of the isle's main features.I'll also break out the investigation box that will show your status in the mystery. I don't know about you, but I'm excited to get started!
    Current Characters
    Mesa, Razorclaw Shifter Druid 2

    Current Games as DM
    Enemy Among Us - L4W

  • #24
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064

    Ignore CaBaNa
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
    OOC: critical insight!! arcana = 14, but bluff is 23
    OOC2: Notice MARTELA-I not Y...it was error on my part and now I cannot change the character in sandbox...the link is correct...

    Martelai eyes the eladrin and his posture relaxes as he notices earnest interest in fey mage. He inspects the circle not seeing anything wrong with it. Still he tries to put a good face to it with some quick word-work.

    "The runes are immaculate, I commend the one who draw them. Since the circle is very precise, only other option to improve upon it would be to use certain substances that tie everyone who travels and also something other then runes that ties to the destination. I heard of such components, but they usualy involve expensive crystals attuned to places and blood for creatures. Both substantialy increase cost of the ritual, not to mention discomfort for travelers. Ergo, I cannot advise how to improve the ritual right now.

    Your turn. How are you not a mage? I didn't mean to demean your vocation, I simply arrived to late for introductions and you seemed ready to start the ritual so names could wait."


    Arcana (1d20+8=14); Bluff(1d20+9=23); Insight(1d20+2=22)

    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiusRisk View Post
    Bell looked back and forth between Martelai and Veruzak. She had read this scene a hundred times before and it almost always played out the same way. What seemed like polite conversation between tow masters of their trade was really a parlay of subtle verbal blows. She knew what would come next. . . Wizard Duel!

    Bell stepped back and carefully circled round so that Catein was in front of her but she could still see the action. This is going to be so neat!


    Veruzak gives the newcomer, Martelai a sly look, Though professing ignorance, you have advised on how to improve the ritual, Yurian, do you have any manner of item that was created, and spent most of it's time in Haurton? a knowing smile creeps across the wizards face, an almost silent whisper floats past Martelai *Interested in joining an arcane society?* by the time the whisper fades, Veruzak has finished relighting his pipe, and continues and as for why I am no Mage... Mage is the shortened form of Magician, which are those petty sleight of hand artists walking the square with jugglers and mimes. I am a Wizard, or wise man, my focus is not just on the illusory nature of our existence, but what strings hold together this reality that is so readily taken for granted. That is why I am no mere mage. Nor are you from those suggestions...

    Veruzak beams, he can't believe his luck, two novices, one a prodigy and one with vast potential! It was as if they were dropped into his lap for molding, shaping, and they would be formed into arcanists of the highest degree if he had anything to do with it! The possibilities! Now if only he could find someone with arcane talent who was a bit... Stronger...

    OOC Neurotic (and anyone who can read things and not have their character act on them...)


    With a critical insight, on top of whatever stringbean gives you from Veruzak's sheet, I'll let you know these things;

    Veruzak has just instantly associated Martelai and Bell as his party, Catein is still his enemy. He hasn't become warm with Kendrick, but he also has no ill feelings toward the ranger.

    He respects Yurian, and is likely to avoid the guards instead of conflict with them. He doesn't seem to show indication of disobeying orders, yet.

    Veruzak is not eladrin raised, it's easy to tell by his demeanor (due to Martelai's background) that he was raised by a different people with completely differing values.

    Martelai can sense the inner excitement, though it doesn't manifest consistently, that Veruzak feels for being in Bell and Martelai's presence.





    Quote Originally Posted by roadtoad View Post
    "I see," says the construct. "I was under the impression that people of your ilk held themselves above others and exhibited a greater degree of self-control and etiquette. Thank you for this lesson in the inability of an eladrin to keep a civil tongue. I suggest, if you can not keep your personal issues to yourself, that we communicate only where necessary for the furtherance of our mission. I will take your silence as agreement."


    Catein listens to Bell's answer. "Excellent, Ms. Thepoint. I feel both of those talents will be helpful in our upcoming duties."



    Catein then turns to Kendrick. "Fascinating, Mr. Kent. May I see a demonstration?"


    Veruzak's smile disappears in a blink, head snapping again to the unpleasant creation of some mad-man. Chainer, your presence is a test of my self-control, so far... Smashing success, as I didn't help that nasty little gnome last night. I understand the basics of working together... Unlike the little musician. As for etiquette, that is something reserved for those with feelings to be hurt, do you have feelings? well? The pause is accentuated by a long pull from the glass pipe, then Veruzak continues, Now that I know you can be offended, I suppose I'll refrain from using the abomination word, however, I won't tolerate any bondage on my person. Can we call that a truce? with that the eladrin smiles and the spectral floating hand appears for Catein to shake.




    [/sblock]


    OOC


    Mage hand for Catein to shake.

    Veruzak is only missing a swordmage now, and he could have a little arcane party. Warlock, Bard, Wizard, (Swordmage)...


    23 history to identify what a chainer is (Veruzak has been to court...)

    Roadtoad, doing a great job with Catein, he's so different than Vrrsk't!

    MAGIC!

  • #25
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    Bell pouts slightly it now seeming unlikely that she was going to see a display of abilities. Oh well, I suppose. Soon enough.

    She still hung back slightly, just in case things still went sour, they had one more to wait on after all.

    ooc
    Quite excited to start!

    However I just learned that I may not have internet access from Friday Morning till Sunday evening. I'll post if needed again in the morning, but if you don't here from me by Saturday night, go ahead and play me.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #26
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,059

    Ignore Neurotic
    OOC

    I usualy don't post over weekends, but may check in occasionaly. Don't be alarmed if you don't here from me before monday.


    Martelai almost laughs aloud at Chainers calling Veruzak uncontrolled, but he stiffles it and hides it by turning toward the construct with only slight clearing of throat.

    "You will have to ease up a little bit. We are flesh and blood and emotion. That means there is nobody who can be controlled at all times. No body. And if you judge everyone by first impression or at the times of weakness, you may be in for a surprise. Not everything is as it seems and not everyone received proper upbringing."

    With that last, he glances at eladrin again.



    OOC: Those observant of such things may notice eladrin like traits on half-elf, inlcuding speech patterns, formalities etc...covered by roughness of Bacarte.
    OOC2: I understand that 'proper upbringing' may sound offensive or dismissive, but instead of changing to 'expected upbringing' I'll leave it to reflect elven superiority which Martelai received overdose of.
    OOC3: I read there is society satelite in Bacarta. Could we say Martelai already is a member? Even if it is unknown to Veruzak?

  • #27
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Atriden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    469

    Ignore Atriden
    Suddenly a strange figure enters the tavern. At first glance, the figure looks much like a perfectly carved marble statue of a human male, outfitted heavily with weapons, a shield and dressed in a scale armour. Coming to a complete stop at the doorway, some might think that he was purposely put there to irritate folk entering or leaving the tavern, but the statues facial features become once more very alive and he introduce him self as Atlas, one of the Ithorians.

    The statue takes a moment to collect his first impression of the tavern by observing everyone with his illuminated golden eyes. As he does so, he notices Captain Yurian and the group, and starts stiffly to move towards their position.

    While he moves closer, you notice he has unique markings, similar to tattoos, covering his face and hands. These markings seem to pulse with the same color as his eyes but not nearly as bright which gives you the distinct feeling that it is a part of his body rather than made on the surface of his skin.

    When he reaches the group he raises his shield arm and slams with his other hand a closed fist into the shield, which gives out a loud bang shocking some of the early morning customers to drop their mugs to the ground.
    “ Softskins and things made of metal “ he greets them politely and without further explanation “ My name is Atlas. I am here to assist “ and he places himself next to the captain with his arms crossed becoming once more a still statue.
    Last edited by Atriden; Friday, 11th September, 2009 at 01:05 PM.

  • #28
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    Bell looked at the newcomer with excitement, recognizing his planar blood. She moved forward smiling, excited to get started but unable to contain herself.

    "Hello Sir. Can I touch your skin?"
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #29
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Kendrick is relieved when he sees Atlas.

    -''At last! I was becoming worried that I was the only one bringing a sword to a fight. Magic is nice, I guess, but you need to cover the basics and... uh.''

    The warrior is startled when the genasi becomes so immobile you'd think he was lifeless.

    -''Okay, so you may be a statue, but you carry a big sword so I still nominate you 'best mate of the week'. Hey guys, you know, if we ever fight in a mannequin store, we can have Atlas and Catein be immobile and it will be a real good ambush!''

    insight stuff

    With a critical insight, on top of whatever stringbean gives you from Veruzak's sheet, I'll let you know these things;
    ...
    Catein is still his enemy.
    ...


    -''Sooooo.... Catein and Veruzak don't like each other. I can tell because they said so. I am good at picking on things like that. I am real observant.''

    Insight OOC
    Nope, I didn't roll a critical insight check for this one. But let's be serious...


    -''So, when can we expect to be killing stuff in Haurton, oh Master of Ceremony?'' Kendrick asks in a deadpan voice.

    Perception, oh... whatever you feel is fair
    Well, let's join the fun of sharing quirks through OOC bubbles:

    Kendrick stops looking people in the eyes when they are within arms reach. Instead he looks them squarely in the upper chest. A woman would be particularly likely to notice that .

    Since it is hard to do that with 2 person at a time, he instantly backs away when two person are near until he has 1 person at most within arm's lenght. He has mostly hovered on the edge of the group thus far for that reason.
    Last edited by Mal Malenkirk; Friday, 11th September, 2009 at 09:27 PM.

  • #30
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    roadtoad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    418

    Ignore roadtoad
    Catein looks at Veruzak's spectral hand, considering it carefully. It then shakes the hand twice, methodically, with it right hand and says, "Your terms are acceptable, with the additional addendum that should your conduct degrade to the point where you become a danger to yourself and/or other members of this expedition, I reserve the right to bring you under control using whatever means I have at my disposal."

    History

    Not sure how obscure to make this, but a 23 seems good enough to me.

    Chainers were used almost exclusively in the old Allarian prison system. They were designed to hold fast those criminals who were a bit too unruly, but they were sometimes a bit too enthusiastic. Eventually, nearly all of them were sent to a special prison for exotic criminals for whom death is an unrealistic punishment and for whom mistreatment was not a concern. The location of this prison is a secret, though there exist a few one-way portals in a few old Allarian jails.

    Of the few chainers who existed outside the prison system, one can only speculate at the proclivities of their owners...


    Upon seeing the newcomer, Catein responds in what, for it, seems an enthusiastic manner. It seems far less judgmental of Atlas than it does of the other assembled adenturers. "Greetings, Atlas. I am Catein. I will be handling the crowd control for this expedition. What is your function here?"
    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking
      By Grimmjow in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 151
      Last Post: Friday, 5th April, 2013, 12:37 AM
    2. Replies: 807
      Last Post: Saturday, 28th May, 2011, 06:02 AM
    3. Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 291
      Last Post: Wednesday, 1st September, 2010, 03:27 PM
    4. Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 846
      Last Post: Friday, 9th April, 2010, 04:06 PM
    5. Replies: 1086
      Last Post: Friday, 19th February, 2010, 02:41 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •