Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking) - Page 4


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 726
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Catein
    Wait... so you are dementor?!

    I mean, less soul-sucking and more restraining, but that's basically it.


 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    roadtoad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    433
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore roadtoad
    Mal

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Malenkirk View Post
    Wait... so you are dementor?!

    I mean, less soul-sucking and more restraining, but that's basically it.

    Hahaha! I never thought of it that way; the character elements just kept adding up in that direction, so I went with it. Interesting...
    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

  • #33
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Atriden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    469
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Atriden
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiusRisk
    "Hello Sir. Can I touch your skin?"
    The statue becomes yet again alive. Being quite taller than Bell, he bows slightly and with a friendly gesture extends his right hand for her to touch " You may soft one, but be careful not to break anything " he jesters.
    To ScorpiusRisk

    To your surprise you notice that the skin is not as hard as stone but does indeed feel a lot tougher and stronger than regular skin. His skin does on the other hand feel smooth like a polished marble and to the touch is very cool. If Bell dares to run her finger over his markings, she notices a vast difference of temperature, almost burning hot to the touch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Malenkirk
    Kendrick is relieved when he sees Atlas.

    -''At last! I was becoming worried that I was the only one bringing a sword to a fight. Magic is nice, I guess, but you need to cover the basics and... uh.''

    The warrior is startled when the genasi becomes so immobile you'd think he was lifeless.

    -''Okay, so you may be a statue, but you carry a big sword so I still nominate you 'best mate of the week'. Hey guys, you know, if we ever fight in a mannequin store, we can have Atlas and Catein be immobile and it will be a real good ambush!''
    Atlas features change from friendly to an odd expression. For a moment he ponders over Kendricks words, as if he is reliving distant memories.
    " Strange, you remind me of a Big Beard I had the pleasure to have known " and gives Kendrick a friendly clap on his shoulder " Yes Softskin, nothing beats a good old sword through the liver of your opponent " he says with a smirk smile and turns his attention Catein.

    Quote Originally Posted by roadtoad
    Upon seeing the newcomer, Catein responds in what, for it, seems an enthusiastic manner. It seems far less judgmental of Atlas than it does of the other assembled adenturers. "Greetings, Atlas. I am Catein. I will be handling the crowd control for this expedition. What is your function here?"
    " Greetings things of metal called Catein and the marble man considers how to answer his question. As he wonders what Catein means by crowd control, Atlas takes a long sceptical look at Yurian, as if the captain has forgot to mention some details about this expedition My function is protect this group and the inhabitants of the island from any threat possible with my sword and shield. I hope my answer is sufficient he remarks politely
    Last edited by Atriden; Friday, 11th September, 2009 at 10:27 PM.

  • #34
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Stringbean2142's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    139
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Stringbean2142
    Yurian smiles at Atlas's approach. "Excellent, our final member is here." Again, pleasantries are passed all around. Well, words are exchanged; calling them pleasantries might be stretching the meaning of the word.

    After Kendrick asks about "killing stuff," Yurian pauses before answering. "Well, now that we're all here, we can be going. But I wouldn't expect to start waving your weapons around right away, although I do appreciate the enthusiasm, Mr. Kent." He gestures at the improved circle. If we'll all stand here, we can be on our way. Unfortunately, I don't an item such as Mr. Luinil suggested, but I'm sure we can do without..."

    Martelai
    Sorry, I thought that insight roll was just to know the intent of Veruzak's questions. More about the man himself, beyond what CaBaNa gave you, would be that he's got an obvious interest in the arcane arts that seems driven by more than mere curiosity. He seems to have a slightly antagonistic attitude towards others, perhaps born out of superiority or overconfidence.

    Atlas
    We're actually gathered behind the tavern right now, not in it, but it's not a big deal since we're leaving right about... now!

    The Ritual, and Weekend Posting
    The ritual is a one-time use ritual, with a built-in return for everyone using it. The return lasts for 90 days. To return to Daunton, you'll stand in the circle created on other side and will yourself back, expending a healing surge. That way, if for some reason certain people need to go back before others, you can just by willing it. Simple, effective, but not a trap where either everyone goes or no one goes.

    Veruzak can conduct the ritual whenever you're ready, and I'll have my intro to Haurton post finalized within the next few hours so as early as tomorrow we can have you in front of the Council. Don't worry if you'll be missing for a few days due to the weekend; the posting rates been great thus far, but I only expected 3-5 posts per person per week, so a few days missed isn't killer. If it's a scene that we can run with, we will, but I won't leave anyone behind just because they can't post several times a day.
    Current Characters
    Mesa, Razorclaw Shifter Druid 2

    Current Games as DM
    Enemy Among Us - L4W

  • #35
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore CaBaNa
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
    OOC

    I usualy don't post over weekends, but may check in occasionaly. Don't be alarmed if you don't here from me before monday.


    Martelai almost laughs aloud at Chainers calling Veruzak uncontrolled, but he stiffles it and hides it by turning toward the construct with only slight clearing of throat.

    "You will have to ease up a little bit. We are flesh and blood and emotion. That means there is nobody who can be controlled at all times. No body. And if you judge everyone by first impression or at the times of weakness, you may be in for a surprise. Not everything is as it seems and not everyone received proper upbringing."

    With that last, he glances at eladrin again.



    OOC: Those observant of such things may notice eladrin like traits on half-elf, inlcuding speech patterns, formalities etc...covered by roughness of Bacarte.
    OOC2: I understand that 'proper upbringing' may sound offensive or dismissive, but instead of changing to 'expected upbringing' I'll leave it to reflect elven superiority which Martelai received overdose of.
    OOC3: I read there is society satelite in Bacarta. Could we say Martelai already is a member? Even if it is unknown to Veruzak?

    Veruzak is very aware of Martelai, noticing the astute observations, Well, we can't all be fey. he says casually, having experienced other feywild fey, he knows Martelai will understand the reference. And lets the second slight of the day go past, with his soft verbal rebuttal... The wizard considered, for the first time, that he may have to dual this upstart before the whelp would show some respect. But for now it was all just innocent banter, casual linguistic jabs. Feeling his hand shake he turns his attention back toward Catein.


    Quote Originally Posted by roadtoad View Post
    Catein looks at Veruzak's spectral hand, considering it carefully. It then shakes the hand twice, methodically, with it right hand and says, "Your terms are acceptable, with the additional addendum that should your conduct degrade to the point where you become a danger to yourself and/or other members of this expedition, I reserve the right to bring you under control using whatever means I have at my disposal."

    [COLOR=White]
    History

    Not sure how obscure to make this, but a 23 seems good enough to me.

    Chainers were used almost exclusively in the old Allarian prison system. They were designed to hold fast those criminals who were a bit too unruly, but they were sometimes a bit too enthusiastic. Eventually, nearly all of them were sent to a special prison for exotic criminals for whom death is an unrealistic punishment and for whom mistreatment was not a concern. The location of this prison is a secret, though there exist a few one-way portals in a few old Allarian jails.

    Of the few chainers who existed outside the prison system, one can only speculate at the proclivities of their owners...
    I will leave your rights intact... However I'm already a danger to myself, Veruzak lifts and cradles the pipe, before bringing it back to his mouth. Don't waste whatever fuels you on my safety, though if you are compelled to protect others... The eladrin makes a hand gesture that says "go right ahead".

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Malenkirk View Post
    Kendrick is relieved when he sees Atlas.

    -''At last! I was becoming worried that I was the only one bringing a sword to a fight. Magic is nice, I guess, but you need to cover the basics and... uh.''

    The warrior is startled when the genasi becomes so immobile you'd think he was lifeless.

    -''Okay, so you may be a statue, but you carry a big sword so I still nominate you 'best mate of the week'. Hey guys, you know, if we ever fight in a mannequin store, we can have Atlas and Catein be immobile and it will be a real good ambush!''

    insight stuff




    -''Sooooo.... Catein and Veruzak don't like each other. I can tell because they said so. I am good at picking on things like that. I am real observant.''
    Veruzak gives a nod of confirmation to the understatement, thinking about how clever Kendrick is, or how dim Kendrick is. Only time would tell... Savants come in all flavors according to Veruzak, and intelligence is normally hidden behind a fine line of insanity, so far as he'd experienced.


    Quote Originally Posted by Atriden View Post
    The statue becomes yet again alive. Being quite taller than Bell, he bows slightly and with a friendly gesture extends his right hand for her to touch " You may soft one, but be careful not to break anything " he jesters.
    To ScorpiusRisk

    To your surprise you notice that the skin is not as hard as stone but does indeed feel a lot tougher and stronger than regular skin. His skin does on the other hand feel smooth like a polished marble and to the touch is very cool. If Bell dares to run her finger over his markings, she notices a vast difference of temperature, almost burning hot to the touch.



    Atlas features change from friendly to an odd expression. For a moment he ponders over Kendricks words, as if he is reliving distant memories.
    " Strange, you remind me of a Big Beard I had the pleasure to have known " and gives Kendrick a friendly clap on his shoulder " Yes Softskin, nothing beats a good old sword through the liver of your opponent " he says with a smirk smile and turns his attention Catein.


    " Greetings things of metal called Catein “ and the marble man considers how to answer his question. As he wonders what Catein means by crowd control, Atlas takes a long sceptical look at Yurian, as if the captain has forgot to mention some details about this expedition “ My function is protect this group and the inhabitants of the island from any threat possible with my sword and shield. I hope my answer is sufficient “ he remarks politely
    The eladrin watches the interaction closely, his pink and orchid haze robe blending with the purple smoke. He takes a draw from the pipe, *Hack* *Cough* *Cough* *COUGH* then shakes his head, and beams as if he'd just come to some epiphany.

    I'm Veruzak, the spectral hand appears once again, So you are to protect members of the group? Even from other members of the group? Veruzak's mind was working aleady, he did his best, but couldn't help but to glance at Catein after asking the question.





    Quote Originally Posted by Stringbean2142 View Post
    Yurian smiles at Atlas's approach. "Excellent, our final member is here." Again, pleasantries are passed all around. Well, words are exchanged; calling them pleasantries might be stretching the meaning of the word.

    After Kendrick asks about "killing stuff," Yurian pauses before answering. "Well, now that we're all here, we can be going. But I wouldn't expect to start waving your weapons around right away, although I do appreciate the enthusiasm, Mr. Kent." He gestures at the improved circle. If we'll all stand here, we can be on our way. Unfortunately, I don't an item such as Mr. Luinil suggested, but I'm sure we can do without..."

    Martelai
    Sorry, I thought that insight roll was just to know the intent of Veruzak's questions. More about the man himself, beyond what CaBaNa gave you, would be that he's got an obvious interest in the arcane arts that seems driven by more than mere curiosity. He seems to have a slightly antagonistic attitude towards others, perhaps born out of superiority or overconfidence.

    Atlas
    We're actually gathered behind the tavern right now, not in it, but it's not a big deal since we're leaving right about... now!

    The Ritual, and Weekend Posting
    The ritual is a one-time use ritual, with a built-in return for everyone using it. The return lasts for 90 days. To return to Daunton, you'll stand in the circle created on other side and will yourself back, expending a healing surge. That way, if for some reason certain people need to go back before others, you can just by willing it. Simple, effective, but not a trap where either everyone goes or no one goes.

    Veruzak can conduct the ritual whenever you're ready, and I'll have my intro to Haurton post finalized within the next few hours so as early as tomorrow we can have you in front of the Council. Don't worry if you'll be missing for a few days due to the weekend; the posting rates been great thus far, but I only expected 3-5 posts per person per week, so a few days missed isn't killer. If it's a scene that we can run with, we will, but I won't leave anyone behind just because they can't post several times a day.

    "Pleasantries" finished, Veruzak steps into the circle with the others, and begins reciting. Letting the magic flow, he hears Bell, and Martelai chanting along, Bell is keeping up magnificently! Martelai could use some practice in feeling out the next rune, but was actually helping the ritual along instead of hurting it.



    OOC


    Sounds great if Martelai joined at the Bacarte satellite, word may not have gotten to Veruzak yet of Martelai joining, but he'll eventually find out, as he does run the group.

    Martelai doesn't have to tell him yet, and he won't figure it out until he gets back to Daunton and goes back over the roster. NPC Igors will be taking care of all of The Arcane Institute of Cipher's business.

    I'm thinking of giving the group some off camera NPC sponsors, maybe even opening a research center on Daunton...

    It's growing fast!

    pretty soon I'm going to have to add this stuff to the OOC area for the group... like now...


    Last edited by CaBaNa; Saturday, 12th September, 2009 at 03:14 AM.
    MAGIC!

  • #36
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Atriden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    469
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Atriden
    Quote Originally Posted by CaBaNa
    The eladrin watches the interaction closely, his pink and orchid haze robe blending with the purple smoke. He takes a draw from the pipe, *Hack* *Cough* *Cough* *COUGH* then shakes his head, and beams as if he'd just come to some epiphany.

    I'm Veruzak, the spectral hand appears once again, So you are to protect members of the group? Even from other members of the group? Veruzak's mind was working aleady, he did his best, but couldn't help but to glance at Catein after asking the question.
    Atlas shakes Veruzak spectral hand with interest and when he asks his question, Atlas answers without a doubt " Yes, but Il make sure to knock you out with the blunt end of my sword if you become uncontrollable " he kindly jokes " The same goes for the rest " Atlas assures " I wouldn't expect any less from you all " and he takes a position inside the circle and first now notices the tension between Veruzak and Catein " I am sure there is no need to be concerned, as long as we put our differences aside and work together, we will succeed in this mission of ours ". With these encouraging words he signals that he is ready to depart.

  • #37
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Atriden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    469
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Atriden
    To Stringbean2142

    Quote Originally Posted by Stringbean2142
    We're actually gathered behind the tavern right now, not in it, but it's not a big deal since we're leaving right about... now!
    Doh!! I thought the group was at the rear end of the tavern !

  • #38
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore CaBaNa
    My communities:

    Veruzaks eyebrows fly up, his facial tattoos elongating and stretching. The joke flies above his head! *I'll need to be careful around the solid ones...*
    MAGIC!

  • #39
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Atriden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    469
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Atriden
    To CaBaNa

    Quote Originally Posted by CaBaNa
    Veruzaks eyebrows fly up, his facial tattoos elongating and stretching. The joke flies above his head! *I'll need to be careful around the solid ones...*
    Haha, this is great start of a wonderful friendship

  • #40
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kendrik View Post

    -''At last! I was becoming worried that I was the only one bringing a sword to a fight. Magic is nice, I guess, but you need to cover the basics and... uh.''

    -''Okay, so you may be a statue, but you carry a big sword so I still nominate you 'best mate of the week'. Hey guys, you know, if we ever fight in a mannequin store, we can have Atlas and Catein be immobile and it will be a real good ambush!''

    ''So, when can we expect to be killing stuff in Haurton, oh Master of Ceremony?'' Kendrick asks in a deadpan voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    The statue becomes yet again alive. Being quite taller than Bell, he bows slightly and with a friendly gesture extends his right hand for her to touch " You may soft one, but be careful not to break anything " he jesters.

    " Strange, you remind me of a Big Beard I had the pleasure to have known " and gives Kendrick a friendly clap on his shoulder " Yes Softskin, nothing beats a good old sword through the liver of your opponent " he says with a smirk smile and turns his attention Catein.


    " Greetings things of metal called Catein. My function is protect this group and the inhabitants of the island from any threat possible with my sword and shield. I hope my answer is sufficient he remarks politely
    Bell thought little over the talk of swords and registered no insult. She had read many legends and journals and knew that there was value in a mixture of crafts. Besides she had an opportunity before her.

    Bell runs her hand curiously long the man's surface, curiously gliding gently over the bumps and crevasses. She reels her hand back in surprise as one area is suddenly quite hot, and she silently curse herself for not noticing earlier. Waving her hand lightly in the breeze, she realizes no harm was done. She steps back and gives a slight bow.

    "Interesting. . . molten-y. Thank you sir." She debates slightly whether she should pull a book out right now to jot down some notes but it seemed like it was time to leave. Not like I'll forget anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yurian View Post
    Yurian smiles at Atlas's approach. "Excellent, our final member is here." Again, pleasantries are passed all around. Well, words are exchanged; calling them pleasantries might be stretching the meaning of the word.

    After Kendrick asks about "killing stuff," Yurian pauses before answering. "Well, now that we're all here, we can be going. But I wouldn't expect to start waving your weapons around right away, although I do appreciate the enthusiasm, Mr. Kent." He gestures at the improved circle. If we'll all stand here, we can be on our way. Unfortunately, I don't an item such as Mr. Luinil suggested, but I'm sure we can do without..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruzak View Post
    Veruzak is very aware of Martelai, noticing the astute observations, Well, we can't all be fey. he says casually.

    I will leave your rights intact... However I'm already a danger to myself, Veruzak lifts and cradles the pipe, before bringing it back to his mouth. Don't waste whatever fuels you on my safety, though if you are compelled to protect others... The eladrin makes a hand gesture that says "go right ahead".

    The eladrin watches the interaction closely, his pink and orchid haze robe blending with the purple smoke. He takes a draw from the pipe, *Hack* *Cough* *Cough* *COUGH* then shakes his head, and beams as if he'd just come to some epiphany.

    I'm Veruzak, the spectral hand appears once again, So you are to protect members of the group? Even from other members of the group?

    "Pleasantries" finished, Veruzak steps into the circle with the others, and begins reciting. Letting the magic flow, he hears Bell, and Martelai chanting along, Bell is keeping up magnificently! Martelai could use some practice in feeling out the next rune, but was actually helping the ritual along instead of hurting it.
    Bell shifted into the circle with the others and tried to assist Veruzak as she could without interrupting the main performance of the ritual. She enjoyed this kind of work, where one would learn something and then repeat back a series of world or gestures as accurately as possible. It was something she always seemed to excell in.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking
      By Grimmjow in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 151
      Last Post: Friday, 5th April, 2013, 01:37 AM
    2. Replies: 807
      Last Post: Saturday, 28th May, 2011, 07:02 AM
    3. Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 291
      Last Post: Wednesday, 1st September, 2010, 04:27 PM
    4. Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 846
      Last Post: Friday, 9th April, 2010, 05:06 PM
    5. Replies: 1086
      Last Post: Friday, 19th February, 2010, 03:41 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •