Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking) - Page 51




  1. #501
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Atriden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    469

    Ignore Atriden
    Atlas doesn't look good and he screams in pain as he tries to fight of the mages foul spell " I can't move Martelai... but I shall heal your wounds ".
    Actions

    Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Martelai. He regains 2 ekstra hp's
    Saving Throw: successful. Got 17

    OOC

    Couldn't do more that this because of the dazed condition.
    Last edited by Atriden; Friday, 4th December, 2009 at 03:05 PM.

 

  • #502
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    roadtoad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    395

    Ignore roadtoad
    Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
    Martelai addresses the party
    "Good work, Kendrick, bravo Bell! Veruzak, can you destroy that other swarm? Chainer, Atlas, we need to get to melee to that mage ASAP! Can you go? Atlas, would you heal me before you go?"
    Catein seems a bit incoherent after its encounter with the wall. "Swarm first, then mage..."

    ooc

    gotta take advantage of that burst vulnerability.
    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

  • #503
    ooc: Bell was already in H7, so Catein is in H6.

    Kendrick hardly has time to gloat before he finds that once again he has the Broodlord's undivided attention. If he were still in control of his nervous system, he would feel a trickle of blood running down from his nose.

    The mage moves as though in a trance as he releases a puissant bolt at the shrouded girl, but the magic dissipates uselessly into the nearby stone pillar.

    The mass of skittering creatures sweep towards Catein. A split second after they begin biting, there is a flash of light and the majority of them are scattered across the room. However, some of them remain, jamming Catein's limbs with their corpses.

    With an expression much more serene that that you normally see on Kendrick, he turns towards Martelai and rapidly slashes at the warlock.

    Status
    Initiative:
    Bell (15/25, insubstantial, +2 to all defenses)
    Kendrick (27/31, dominated)
    Veruzak (16/20, dazed (save ends))
    Catein (12/27, bloodied, immobilized, slowed, granting CA)
    Broodlord (-15)
    Mage (-4)
    Swarm 97 (-29, bloodied, slowed)
    Atlas (14/26)
    Martelai (17/28, +2 to all defenses, dazed (save ends))

    The Broodlord CRITS Kendrick, with an attack that does no damage. Kendrick is dominated until the end of the Broodlord's next turn.

    The Mage casts Magic Missile at Bell, but fails to reach the realm of double digits.

    The swarm shifts to G9 and charges Catein, drawing an AoO from Bell, which misses badly. Martelai and Kendrick are currently unable to make AoOs. The charge hits Reflex 20 for 9 damage and Catein is immobilized, as well as bloodied. This triggers Armor of Wrath, which deals 13 damage to the swarm, bloodying it, and pushes it to H9. I mean, you don't have to push it to H9, but if it's in H9 then none of your allies are going to start their turn adjacent to it. F6 also accomplishes this, if you'd prefer.

    On his turn, Kendrick goes crazy nuts on Martelai Twin Strikes Martelai, hitting AC 20 for 5 damage and AC 19 for 3 damage.


    Monster Info
    Broodlord:
    AC 18 | Fort 16 | Reflex 14 | Will 17
    HP: 76. Resist 5 Psychic
    MBA: None.
    Mental Feedback: Any adjacent creature who hits the Broodlord with an attack takes 3 psychic damage.
    Immobile: The Broodlord cannot move or be moved. Ever.

    Mage:
    AC 17 | Fort 13 | Reflex 14 | Will 15
    HP: 42
    MBA: +4 vs AC, 1d8 damage.

    Swarm:
    AC 18 | Fort 14 | Reflex 15 | Will 12
    HP: 37. Immune: Psychic. Half damage from melee and range attacks. Vulnerable 10 against close and area attacks
    MBA: +6 vs Reflex, 1d8+3 damage, and the target is immobilized until the start of the swarm's next turn.
    Swarm Aura: Any enemy who starts adjacent to the swarm is attacked with a MBA.


    Map Info
    The disgusting ponds of goo have no effect. They are too shallow and not sticky enough to hinder you in any way.

    However, whenever you start your turn adjacent to a red wall (corners don't count) it makes an attack at +4 vs Will. On a hit, you are slowed and grant combat advantage until the end of your next turn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Enc2_round3.jpg  
    Last edited by TwoHeadsBarking; Friday, 4th December, 2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Bell is no longer immobilized.

  • #504
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    THB
    What immobilized me?
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #505
    ooc: The swarm's attack at the start of your last turn. Since you can teleport while immobilized, it didn't matter as much...*trails off* ...and it matters even less because the immobilization has since worn off. Nevermind, I'll fix that.

  • #506
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Encouraged by her teams actions, and Martelai . . . encouragement, bell shifts forward, past the downed enemy and focuses on the mage.

    "You sir are lackluster comparatively to my overt companions!" She shouted, trying to jar his own self back to the fold.

    ooc
    Shift to I7.
    Cutting word vs Wizard. 11 vs will. 9 psychic damage and pull the target to J7.
    Last edited by ScorpiusRisk; Friday, 4th December, 2009 at 11:28 PM.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #507
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    -''Did... I... Mention... That I hate him... so MUCH!''

    OOC
    I am pretty sure the domination is a ranged attack, meaning it provokes attack of opportunity so, Atlas... PLEASE ENGAGE THE BROODLORD! Ahem. When you have the opportunity.
    Last edited by Mal Malenkirk; Saturday, 5th December, 2009 at 08:02 AM.

  • #508
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Atriden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    469

    Ignore Atriden
    OOC
    I can do that if you take care of the mage

  • #509
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    roadtoad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    395

    Ignore roadtoad
    Catein blasts the remaining swarmlings again with its chains, scattering and crushing them completely. It then spends some time picking out the tiny bodies from inside its limbs.

    "Bell, that wall... don't stand by the walls."

    actions

    Standard: Grasping Shards at H10
    ...1d20+4=21; Hits for 14 damage, killing the swarm.

    Move and Minor: pick dead swarmling bodies out of its body so it can moe next turn.
    Last edited by roadtoad; Saturday, 5th December, 2009 at 08:46 PM.
    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

  • #510
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Quote Originally Posted by Atriden View Post
    OOC
    I can do that if you take care of the mage
    OOC
    Sure. As soon as I've finished killing Martelai. Uh...

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking
      By Grimmjow in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 151
      Last Post: Friday, 5th April, 2013, 12:37 AM
    2. Replies: 807
      Last Post: Saturday, 28th May, 2011, 06:02 AM
    3. Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 291
      Last Post: Wednesday, 1st September, 2010, 03:27 PM
    4. Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 846
      Last Post: Friday, 9th April, 2010, 04:06 PM
    5. Replies: 1086
      Last Post: Friday, 19th February, 2010, 02:41 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •