Enemy Among Us (DM: Stringbean2142, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking) - Page 8




What's on your mind?

  1. #71
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Stringbean2142's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    139

    Ignore Stringbean2142
    OOC
    Note to self: Enlarge Spell sucks. Big time.

    Very nice, Veruzak. I actually was trying to make sure they couldn't all get hit by a single burst. Whoops! Probably your best bet is along the wall of the tavern somewhere for your move; is H19 acceptable?

    Let's see, resolving your rolls so the others know what they're facing. First, the daily. The archer and the scouts are hit, Rayn is missed by 2. All but Rayn take 8 damage. All are slowed and -2 to attack.

    Now, the scorching burst. The scouts are hit again, but the archer and Rayn are both missed. This time, it was a crit miss on Rayn. Pray IC comes back, because I'm rolling pretty crappy for y'all! So, 7 more damage to the scouts. Very productive first actions.

    Now, for Bell's actions. She hits for 8 damage and pulls the scout to G9. Color me impressed; two of you have gone, and one dude's near dead already. Keep it up, team!

    I'll add in fluff when the bad guy's next turn comes around; usually, you could do it yourself, but with IC down I'm improvising here to let you know what's going on with the actions before yours.

    Veruzak
    In regards to what you find in those minds: darn near nothing. I mean nothing, as though they are a blank slate. Rolled Arcana for you, and got a 29 (you a bad man, wizard!), so there is something on the very edge of your ability to sense. It's a clicking, along with some sort of a buzz. Think an old dial-up modem's sound, and you'll have a good idea. It's on the edge not because it's subtle or quiet, but because it's everywhere and it's almost impossible for you to get a feel for it because it's so much bigger than what your magics allow you to sense. It's white noise, and probably explains at least in part why you can't pick anything up.

    Status
    Archer @ E7: 24/32, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
    Scout @ G9: 4/27, Bloodied, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
    Scout @ G11: 12/27, Bloodied, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
    Lt. Rayn: Slowed, -2 to Attack.

    Archers (BLUE)
    AC 15, Fort 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
    HP 32, Speed 7
    OA Simple Punch
    +3 versus AC, 1d4+2 damage

    Scouts (YELLOW)
    AC 15, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 13
    HP 27, Speed 6
    OA Club
    +6 versus AC, 1d8+2 damage

    Lt. Rayn (RED)
    AC 18, Fort 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
    HP 47, Speed 5
    OA Bastard Sword
    +10 versus AC, 1d10+5 damage
    Current Characters
    Mesa, Razorclaw Shifter Druid 2

    Current Games as DM
    Enemy Among Us - L4W

 

  • #72
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Kendrick has his badge around his neck and looks more amused than proud. But the screams from outside take a more alarming turn so he checks through the window. Ah. Murderers. Well, they were playing his son. And Veruzak's sudden pyrothechnics made it all the sweeter. A feral smile plays out on his lips as he strolls outside. He lines up the closest scout, makes sure to use the wall to cover one flank, draws his favored sword with relish and charges his opponent. No threats, no shouting, just steel, as he'd been taught.

    Actions

    Move to H16
    Minor : Draw one sword
    Standard : Charge to H12,
    Attack +8 (Including +1 for charge) vs AC 15
    Hit : Damage 1d8+4

    Too bad I didn't start the fight with two sword drawn. Can't use quarry just yet.

  • #73
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Stringbean2142's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    139

    Ignore Stringbean2142
    Status
    Hit! for 10 damage on the Scout at G11. I was hoping for a crit there, to put him out of his misery.

    Archer @ E7: 24/32, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
    Scout @ G9: 4/27, Bloodied, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
    Scout @ G11: 2/27, Bloodied, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
    Lt. Rayn: Slowed, -2 to Attack.

    Archers (BLUE)
    AC 15, Fort 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
    HP 32, Speed 7
    OA Simple Punch
    +3 versus AC, 1d4+2 damage

    Scouts (YELLOW)
    AC 15, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 13
    HP 27, Speed 6
    OA Club
    +6 versus AC, 1d8+2 damage

    Lt. Rayn (RED)
    AC 18, Fort 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
    HP 47, Speed 5
    OA Bastard Sword
    +10 versus AC, 1d10+5 damage
    Current Characters
    Mesa, Razorclaw Shifter Druid 2

    Current Games as DM
    Enemy Among Us - L4W

  • #74
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    roadtoad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    416

    Ignore roadtoad
    Upon hearing the commotion outside, Catein looks out the window. Seeing the carnage, it immediately loses interest in talking to the council elders. "Excuse me," it says before whirling in place and rushing out the door of the tavern. Once outside, with a better view of the wrongdoers, it bellows at them. "STOP WHERE YOU ARE!"

    Suddenly great spectral chains appear behind the three closest men, including Rayn. They wrap around the men and attempt to pull them back up the street, away from the tavern...

    Actions

    move to F17
    Standard: Thunder of Judgment on G9, G11, and Rayn
    +4 vs. Fort; 1d6+4 damage. Hit targets are pushed 3 squares and dazed until end of my next turn.

    If hit, G9 & G11 will die, so the only push to worry about is Rayn. I'll put him in G6 if I hit him


    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

  • #75
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Stringbean2142's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    139

    Ignore Stringbean2142
    OOC
    Ok, one last post before hopping on the plane, you hit all three. The two scouts are down, and Rayn is hit for 5 points of damage, dazed, and pushed to G6.


    Archer @ E7: 24/32, Slowed, -2 to Attack.
    Lt. Rayn: 42/47 Dazed, Slowed, -2 to Attack.

    Archers (BLUE)
    AC 15, Fort 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
    HP 32, Speed 7
    OA Simple Punch
    +3 versus AC, 1d4+2 damage

    Lt. Rayn (RED)
    AC 18, Fort 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
    HP 47, Speed 5
    OA Bastard Sword
    +10 versus AC, 1d10+5 damage
    Current Characters
    Mesa, Razorclaw Shifter Druid 2

    Current Games as DM
    Enemy Among Us - L4W

  • #76
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,059

    Ignore Neurotic
    OOC: changin little bit since Stringbean posted while I was createing post...since scout is down target is E6 archer and he is pulled to E9

    Martelai strides forward toward the archer giving him evil eye. While archer feels sudden attention from distant stars, it is just an unease at this point. It quickly changes as Martelai beckons with his finger and calls out.
    "You couldn't hit an elephant from that far, you despicable inept! Come closer!"
    Commanding power creeps into his voice and archer feels compelled to move.

    Bell cannot help but notice that fey uses same modulations altough little bit on the scarrier side, more intimidating then aluring.

    Move: to F15
    Minor: curse closest enemy (archer)
    Standard: targeting G11E7: Cutting words 5 vs. WILL 1d8+4 +1d6 from curse. Archer is pulled to E13E9 (to get the rest of the party clear shot to him)

    Shadow walk: Martelai has concealment as darkness from beyond swirls around him
    Last edited by Neurotic; Thursday, 17th September, 2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Changing target since the one mentioned is down

  • #77
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Atriden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    469

    Ignore Atriden
    Atlas follows his comrades out of the tavern with surprisingly quick moves. Seeing everyone use lethal force he shouts " These men may be touched by madness, but think twice before you decide to end their life's " and he encourages the group not to kill these men, if possible.

    Focusing on getting as close as he can towards Captain Yurians house, he grabs his sword and plunges towards LT. Ryan, showing no fear nor any doubt. This was what he was born to do and he would prevail.

    Actions

    Move Action: Moves to E15
    Minor Action: pulls his longsword forth
    Standard Action: Charges Lt. Ryan: Got +10 to hit ( because Lt. Ryan is Dazed and because Atlas Charges) does 1d8+4 damage if he hits.
    Last edited by Atriden; Thursday, 17th September, 2009 at 11:40 AM.

  • #78
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    The thought that they might be killing these people hadn't crossed her mind yet. But no one would. . . She looked between her allies. Veruzak's fire was magic so it wouldn't really. . . and Martelai was using the same abilities as I, sort of. . .I think Catein was trying to incapacitate not Punish punish. . . Then her eyes fell on Kendrick.

    "Yeah! What he said!"

    ooc
    If anyone is missed by an attack in the next round, I can slide you one square. Just let me know if there's somewhere else you'd rather be.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #79
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064

    Ignore CaBaNa
    My communities:

    Those men are not touched by madness, they have lost their minds, in as literal a sense as I have ever experienced... The words are incredulous, a short pause, Atlas is correct, we must preserve these husks for research! Keep the brain intact!

    Veruzak was less perturbed by the state of the minds he found, and more by his inability to touch Rayn. As if a force were holding him out, a barrier of white noise.

    His parties display was impressive, swift, and to the point. His shadar-kai side was beaming. Until he glanced Catein, and remembered which side of the law he was on. Bunching in around his nose, the tattoos still faintly pulsed, as Veruzak made the scrunchy face of hate.

    *The things I do for knowledge...*

    OOC


    H19 is ok.

    Veruzak has experience with Kenku's does it sound like their speech?

    He also plans to use the enemies like antenna eventually, or like the radio in silent hill... Use them to find the signals origin, or try to find if the conscious mind is underneath there somewhere.

    Atlas gave him the idea though.

    Last edited by CaBaNa; Thursday, 17th September, 2009 at 03:34 PM.
    MAGIC!

  • #80
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Atriden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    469

    Ignore Atriden
    OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by CaBaNa
    He also plans to use the enemies like antenna eventually, or like the radio in silent hill... Use them to find the signals origin, or try to find if the conscious mind is underneath there somewhere.

    Atlas gave him the idea though.
    You are welcome . Not sure how I gave you the idea with antennas, but I was planning on making them cough up some sort of information .

    Man I miss old fashioned horror games like silent hill or resident evil (when the series were still good)
    Last edited by Atriden; Thursday, 17th September, 2009 at 05:49 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 73 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking
      By Grimmjow in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 151
      Last Post: Friday, 5th April, 2013, 12:37 AM
    2. Replies: 807
      Last Post: Saturday, 28th May, 2011, 06:02 AM
    3. Until First Light (DM: TwoHeadsBarking. Judge: renau1g)
      By TwoHeadsBarking in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 291
      Last Post: Wednesday, 1st September, 2010, 03:27 PM
    4. Adv: A Night at the Opera; Judge TwoHeadsBarking
      By ScorpiusRisk in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 846
      Last Post: Friday, 9th April, 2010, 04:06 PM
    5. Replies: 1086
      Last Post: Friday, 19th February, 2010, 02:41 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •