Proposal: Unarmed Attacks work for Sneak Attack

KenHood

First Post
Just thought I'd try to get this one.

Unarmed Attacks work for rogues' sneak attack. Also, just like clubs and maces, they provide the extra damage bonus when performing rattling attacks.

Why?

No other reason than I want Tonk to punch people to death.

Nebten

First Post
Can we not have joke Propsals? Honestly let's not get away from Core rules. Its hard enough to figure out what has or hasn't been accepted.

The point of Living Worlds is that a large group can play and interact together under the same rule set. If we start getting all wacky like this, its no better then home games with 3 headed dragons casting Meteo. So enough with the Unarmed Sneak attacks, Great Scythes and other things that only benifit your own PC. Go find a homebrew game to get such stuf out of your system.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I'd want to clarify that it means the basic unarmed attack that everybody gets - if you take something like Claw Fighter or multiclass into Monk or get some other way to get a super-upgraded unarmed attack, it shouldn't count. With that restriction, it seems fine because the unarmed attack is inferior to every other weapon.

On the other hand, one drawback to a rogue is that if you lose all your weapons you can't do sneak attack damage until you find one that qualifies. This circumvents that.

On the gripping hand, that happens very rarely and it's not a fun situation to be in. So I think I'd be fine with this anyway. (Maybe if we want to be sure a disarmed rogue is at a disadvantage, drop one die from the sneak attack damage?)

EDIT: I just noticed the "rattling attack" clause. I dunno about that part.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
It seems to me that this would work better as a Feat, rather than just a new added extra for anyone- perhaps constructed very much like the Street Thug feat in MP, but with DEX replacing CON as a pre-req.

CaBaNa

First Post
Can we not have joke Propsals? Honestly let's not get away from Core rules. Its hard enough to figure out what has or hasn't been accepted.

The point of Living Worlds is that a large group can play and interact together under the same rule set. If we start getting all wacky like this, its no better then home games with 3 headed dragons casting Meteo. So enough with the Unarmed Sneak attacks, Great Scythes and other things that only benifit your own PC. Go find a homebrew game to get such stuf out of your system.
This is my homebrew game. In fact, this forum is my only steady play at all.

So, when it gets homebrew rules like no double weapons, I propose things like 'great scythes' to fill the void.

It benefits any character that uses weapons, that was affected by the double weapons nerf. Not just Kamotz.

Also, if my DM chooses to bring in a three headed dragon that can cast meteo, Awesome.

No different than fighting a pack of Echos from the Isle of O.

There is a big list that gives this worlds rules, and it is easy to locate to boot...

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
It seems to me that this would work better as a Feat, rather than just a new added extra for anyone- perhaps constructed very much like the Street Thug feat in MP, but with DEX replacing CON as a pre-req.
I'd be up for the feat version in a regular, but it takes too doggone long for level-up in PbP.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Ken... Is this all about that doggonne horse in "Can Dextyr Keep...?"

If so, I would just ask Joe for a one time dispensation;).

Anyway, you won't have to worry about unseating the guy. Dextyr blasted him off his horse and into the forest:D.

All sillyness aside, this is a cool idea. I would think that unarmed attacks are the ultimate sneak attack.

KenHood

First Post
Naw. This thread popped-up before the horse. The drake swarm eyeing down Tonk when he was engaged in his constitutional was the stimulus for the idea.

I thought, You know, it would be nice if Tonk was wearing spiked gauntlets, so he could poop and wipe his bottom, but still have a weapon at all times. Then, I realized that spiked gauntlets weren't a rogue weapon, so here we are...

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Off the top of my head, I'd allow Sneak Attack with a fist, but require spiked gauntlets (that do no extra damage) to make Rattling attacks with a fist. That way you can still be disarmed of them.

(If you want to punch out the horse, at this point you can always make a mace attack and just post fluff as if it was your fist...)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases