[Pathfinder] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Walking Dad

First Post
The Mimic

Surprise Round

Ray attacks the creature with his greataxe, and misses horribly? Hard to believe he can miss something that's just sitting there...
Fabhal steps up with his greatsword and wallops the not-chest a good one . . . but not quite as good as it could have been.
Brawar summons his odd magical ball of acid and flings it out at the creature as Fabhal sends splinters flying.
Reb grins when the group decides it's killing time, and sprints into the room, sword swinging... and missing.
Morjik hits the mimic with acid, to the same effect as Brawar... none.

[sblock=OOC]
The acid attacks had no effect.

[sblock=HP and Conditions]

Reb 35/35
Fabhal 26/38
Brawar 22/22
Morjik 32/32
Ray 33/33

Mimic -13
[/sblock][/sblock]

Heroes's turn. (Will use group initiative to make it simpler. Most rolled better than 12.)

Attachments

• Mimic surprise.jpg
    Mimic surprise.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast AC:22, hp:33/33

Ray shrugs off his poor performance and swings his greataxe at the 'box' again. His effort is met with a satisfying thud as he drives the axe into the creature.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
As his companions hack at the creature, Reb joins in, trying to find its weakest point with his dual swords.

OOC: Assuming the creature isn't immune to sneak attacks, I think Reb can still do sneak attack damage this round because he's acting before the mimic's first turn? I'm not sure either attack hit, so it may all be moot, anyway.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Morjik favored of Torag

"Well, its up to you lads, its immune to me acid, and I can't get in close."

[sblock=OOC] Morjik will withdraw and leave it to the others.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
The Mimic

Round 1

Ray shrugs off his poor performance and swings his greataxe at the 'box' again. His effort is met with a satisfying thud as he drives the axe into the creature. It stuck, but he is strong enough to pull his axe loose again.
Fabhal grunts as he hauls back his sword for another swing; this blow connects solidly as well, carving a deep groove in the creature's flesh.
As his companions hack at the creature, Reb joins in, trying to find its weakest point with his dual swords. He finds an opening with one of it, biut isn't able to draw it back.
"Well, its up to you lads, its immune to me acid, and I can't get in close." Morjik says.
Brawar throws a missle of force at the creature, striking unrelenting.

The mimic extrudes a tentacle and hits and grabs the valiant gnome.

48235d1303163829-pathfinder-ic-hall-dwarven-lord-mimic-surprise.jpg

[sblock=OOC]
Magic Missle (2d4+2=7)
Reflex (Ray, Fabhal, Reb) (1d20+6=7, 1d20+4=22, 1d20+9=11)
Str to pry away weapon (Ray, Reb) (1d20+3=22, 1d20=10)
Slam vs Fabhal (18) (1d20+10=24, 1d8+6=9)
Grapple vs Fabhal (16) (1d20+9=18)

[sblock=HP and Conditions]

Reb 35/35
Fabhal 29/38 , grappled
Brawar 22/22
Morjik 32/32
Ray 33/33

Mimic -39 (Fast healing 5, Immune acid, adhesive Reflex 17) grappling
[/sblock][/sblock]

Heroes's turn.

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast AC:22, hp:33/33

"Why won't this thing .... DIE!" says Ray as he swings his greataxe yet again.

jkason

First Post
Gurbisi Reb, human thug

"That sword cost me money, you little piece of glop!" Reb yells as one of his swords is stuck inside the creature. His anger feuls an especially nice stab, though even that doesn't seem to effect the creature as the thug would have liked.

OOC: I'm rolling without modifiers due to attacking a grappler. I looked at both the grapple section and the grapple condition, and neither lists any kind of modifiers for attacking to a grapple. Does that mean there are none, or that I'm missing them. I thought I recalled from 3.5 that there were some, but honestly it was always so convoluted to grapple that I didn't really bother with it.

ETA: Lamest. Crit Damage. Ever. :p

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases