[Pathfinder] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Fabhal, too winded to speak, leans on his hooked hammer and tries to catch his breath as he gestures toward their most grievously wounded companion.

Theroc

First Post
Veran falls to his knees as the ogre fell, holding his right shoulder as he fought for air, and fought to remain concious, as Rudan swiftly made his way to Veran's side.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brawar moves slow to Veran's side watching the ogre incase it was not truly dead. The man-beast to the south were a cunning lot and would pretended death to strike out when you were unaware. He looks to Veran inspecting his wound.

"Harsh, but not life threating." he says turning towards the dwarf cleric. "I believe you should tend this before we do anything else."

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Cade wastes no time and lunges at the fallen ogre, smashing his bloody morningstar into the ogre's throat, crushing its windpipe and piercing the carotid artery. "That won't be botherin' us again," he remarks.

"You guys ar'right? That looks painful. Yeh oughta do somethin' 'bout it." he adds, looking at Veran's, Fabhal's, and Feldar's wounds. "Try fightin' better next time. Less wild swings, more careful thrusts 'n' slices 'n' wallops. If yer so eager t' kill stuff, make sure ya do it right wit' the first few strikes. Granted, 'at was my first time facin' an ogre, but I got used t' it quick 'nuff. Surround yer enemies 'n' give 'em the double-whammy from both sides."

As he talks, the rogue takes a careful look at the chest in the room, inspecting it for traps. After a minute or two, he gets out a few small tools and works on the chest and whatever lock it may have. If he finds anything potentially dangerous during his inspection, he warns the rest of the group to vacate the room for a minute.

[sblock=ooc]Taking 20 on a Perception check of the chest and the 5-foot space it's in. So a 30 with Trapfinding. If Cade finds any traps on it, he'll warn the group and wait for them to exit the room, then attempt to disarm any found traps with Disable Device, a check of 14. Once the trap-searching and disarming (if any) is done, Cade will open the chest, with a Disable Device check of 16 to open locks if necessary.
1d20+9=14, 1d20+9=16
Stupid InvisibleCastle REALLY hates me. :( :mad: A 14 probably springs whatever trap might be present, dangit, and it's too low to retry. If there's a lock and Cade survives whatever trap he might be springing with his horrible luck, I'll just take 20 on the check to open the lock after my first cruddy check of 16 to open the lock, if any.

With these rolls, I really, really hope that chest isn't trapped.....[/sblock]

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Noting that the ogre is down for good thanks to Cade's effective methods of checking, Feldar moves out with the group and the wounded while Cade searches the room. When everyone is clear of the door to the room, Feldar once again calls on his god to heal wounds taken in the battle, trying to extend the reach to Cade in the room as well as those outside of it.

[sblock=OOC]Feldar will use Channel Energy to heal all within 30' for 6 points of damage. He is also trying to catch Cade in the 30' radius burst if he can...[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Warmth infuses Fabhal's aching torso and he feels his ribs begin to knit. He stands up to his full height and his breathing is plainly eased somewhat.

"Ahhh. That's a wee bit better . . . thanks, friend!"

A twinkle comes to his eye, a sure signal his (sometimes caustic) Gnomish humor is coming to the fore. He turns to Cade, and in an uncanny imitation of his comrades voice intones, "You ar'right? That looks painful. Yeh oughta do somethin' 'bout it. If yer so eager t' get inta stuff, make sure ya do it right wit' the first try. Less wild pokin' inta stuff, an' more careful probin' an' pickin'!"

Seeing his friend is possibly seriously injured, his features take on a slightly guilty cast as he leans over Cade in concern. "Aww, I didn't mean anything by it! Come on, shake it off!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brawar hides a smile at the gnomes remarks.

[sblock=ooc] Holyman is ROFLMAO because Brawar can't do it. Great post Mowgli :p [/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Cade the maimed rogue

Cade tries to disarm the trap mechanism, but through awful luck he twists one of his tools in the wrong direction and it taps the trigger latch, hurling a bolt into his sternum! Cade staggers back, his reflexes and light armor not enough to save him from the hit, though at least it didn't kill him outright. "Gahk! Damned trap.....how the ogre git a trapped chest...."

Glaring daggers at Fabhal, he adds "Traps aren't the same as ogres. Ya can't jes' take one look an' see how they'll get'cha. Yew'd 'ave taken that bolt in the eye like a bloody fool if yeh tried openin' the chest yerself. And I didn't laugh at'cha when ya ran right inta the ogre's club, I ran in t' help ya. I shoulda waited a minute...."

He tries to remove the bolt if it's not lodged in there too deeply, though he's already bleeding a fair bit from the wound.

[sblock=ooc]Stupid InvisibleCastle..... This roll was still poor, though not as horrible as the skill checks. A 13 on my Fortitude save........so unless it's weak poison or whatever, I probably fail. -_-

1d20+1=13

Cade is at 10 out of 15 HP now.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=ooc] Holyman is ROFLMAO because Brawar can't do it. Great post Mowgli :p [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC for HM/Arkhandus] Thanks, HM! For the rep as well!

Ark - hope I didn't offend. Gnomes are supposed to have odd senses of humor, and it was too good an opportunity to pass up! I've actually never played one before, but I can see the attraction now![/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases