Pathfinder RPG [Pathfinder] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord - Page 21





  1. #201
    ooc: I will just go with Fabhal's suggestion to speed things up.

    After some tries Cade opens the locked door silently. Six bunks are scattered about this room. Three are dwarf-sized, and three are human-sized. An unlit torch sits in a sconce in the center of each wail.

    Your search doesn't unearth anything unusual, so you proceed to the other room...

    ooc: Perception checks everyone please. I normally roll this, but I want you to have your fate in your own hands. Please also post your marching order.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

 

  • #202
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,214
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    Following previous 'tradition,' Fabhal suggests either he or Cade (as resident trap finder) lead the way.

    Perception (1d20+3=23)

    (OOC: I have a feeling this is a good time to have maxed out a Perception roll . . .)
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #203
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    what's this??
    WD posting on the weekend very very kool LOL

    Welcome to the world where we never stop playing.
    Ok Perception = 21 Not maxed but only one off!!!

    Suggested marching order:

    Fabhal- unless changing classes really hurt his AC/HP
    Cade- with a distance weapon he could fire over the gnomes head
    Veran and his pet dino
    Brawar- who will keep an eye on our backs and down alternate corridors

    Is that everyone could we get one more warrior type, dwarf who knows what's going on down here prefered,


    Brawar waits for the others to start marching down the new corridor keeping an eye out for trouble.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #204
    Fabhals keen exes stop the group as he spots some of the strangest hazards in dungeons: a gelantinous cube!

    On the other side, Brawar spots some more dire rats. Following the group after woken by the noise, they just waited for a chance to attack!

    ---

    Round 1
    Cade springs back and dashes around Veran and Brawar, swinging his morningstar down upon the nearest rat with a "Yar! Die, rodent!", driving his spiked bludgeon into the unfortunate rat!
    "Move to the East! Back and to the East . . . let's get some room to work!"
    Suiting action to words, Fabhal moves quickly back around the corner, grasping his holy symbol and muttering a quick prayer that Cayden Cailean keep him free from the monster's slimy embrace!
    "Behind us!" Brawar yells moving across the hallway quickly. When he gets to the otherside of the corridor he turns and starts chanting words to a spell and waving his hands about in the air.
    The other rats spring and bite the rogue.

    ooc

    Movement see map

    Brawar starts casting spell
    Fabhal casts Shield of Faith on himself
    Cade kills Rat3.

    R1&2 attack Cade. Both hit for 6 dam total.

    Initiative

    19 Cade (+2)
    15 Fabhal (+3)
    12 Brawar (+3)
    10 Dire Rats & Cube
    2 Veran (& Rudan) (+1)



    HP and Conditions


    Cade 9/15 disease?
    Fabhal 22/22 ?
    Brawar 15/15
    Veran 16/16
    Rudan 27/27

    R1 -
    R2 -
    R3 - Dead
    G Cube -

    Last edited by Walking Dad; Thursday, 25th March, 2010 at 11:31 AM.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #205
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    "Behind us!" Brawar yells moving across the hallway quickly. When he gets to the otherside of the corridor he turns and starts chanting words to a spell and waving his hands about in the air.

    actions

    Move: About 20' straight across to tother hallway.
    Standard: Casting Sleep (not sure if casting time is one round in PF), will be targeting rats after they move.


    stats

    HP:15/15
    AC:13
    FORT:+1 REF:+3 WILL:+3
    Perception: +2
    Hand of the Apprentice: 5/6
    Scroll: Sleep(cstlvl1) and Magic Missile(cstlvl1)
    Scroll: Detect Magic(cstlvl1), Tenser's Floating Disc(cstlvl1), and Invisibility(cstlvl3)

    Spells:
    0- Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
    1- Sleep, True Strike, Enlarge Person
    [/QUOTE]
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #206
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,214
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Mowgli
    "Move to the East! Back and to the East . . . let's get some room to work!"

    Suiting action to words, Fabhal moves quickly back around the corner, grasping his holy symbol and muttering a quick prayer that Cayden Cailean keep him free from the monster's slimy embrace!

    Actions
    Move to S12, cast Shield of Faith on self.


    Stat Block
    Code:
       HP: 15/20     AC: 22*  AC(T): 15*  AC(FF): 20*
     Init: +02    ST(F):+06   ST(R):+02    ST(W):+03
    
       *+4 vs. Giant Type
    
      BAB: 01       CMB:+01     CMD: 13
    
    Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
    Hooked Hammer (MW)      +2*       1d6+1          20/x3     Double, Trip
                            +2*       1d4+1          20/x4     Double, Trip
    Longbow (Comp; 14 STR)  +4        1d6+1          20/x3
    
                            *w/ Two-Weapon Attack (+4 used Either/Or)
    
    Channel Energy: 1d6 (3/3 Daily)
    
    Domain Powers:
     * Touch of Chaos (4/4)     * Agile Feet (4/4)
    
    Spells:
     * Level 00          * Level 01
       * Create Water      * Command
       * Guidance          * Protection from Law
       * Resistance        * Shield of Faith
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #207
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Arkhandus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    6,417
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Arkhandus

    Cade the rogue

    Cade silently nods along and follows Fabhal when the gnome takes the lead, morningstar in hand and watching out for traps or other threats along the way. Then Fabhal points out something wierd off to the side as they go, and Cade instinctively hops back, then notices the rats coming up from behind the group, and he decides it's better to face the vermin he knows than the wierd translucent thing he doesn't. Though, as he backs away, he thinks back to his earlier subterranean treasure-hunts and tales shared 'round the table with other drunken adventurers before....maybe he had seen or heard of a big see-through mass o' goo before....

    Regardless, he springs back and dashes around Veran and Brawar, swinging his morningstar down upon the nearest rat with a "Yar! Die, rodent!", driving his spiked bludgeon into the unfortunate rat!

    OOC
    Woah! Didn't expect so much activity on a Friday, let alone the rest of the weekend! So I hadn't checked sooner. For reference, Cade always takes the second rank, letting someone tougher or braver lead the way, since he can spot traps from 10 feet away.

    Perception check of 19, for what it's worth (20 if trapfinding) 1d20+9=19

    Move to N-12, looks like I can get there with 20 feet of movement without provoking AoOs, taking just one diagonal at the end. Then attack the nearest rat with my morningstar. Attack roll of 17, for 6 damage, and another 5 damage if I get Sneak Attack (since it seems that I go before the rats and thus, hopefully, they're still flat-footed......).
    1d20+5=17, 1d8+4=6, 1d6=5

    Also, I rolled Knowledge (Dungeoneering) since Cade has it, and got a 16, if that's enough to identify the gelatinous cube and some of its special qualities or attacks.
    1d20+6=16
    Last edited by Arkhandus; Tuesday, 23rd March, 2010 at 10:43 AM.
    Arkhandus, Male Tinker 4/Contemplative 4/Scapegoat 3/Roleplayer 3/Rambler 2/DM 3/Player 1
    Games and Links
    Earlier PbP DMing: (FR 3.5) A Hard Time in Harrowdale (ended)
    The First OOC , IC and (M&M) The Bay City Sentinels (on Crazy Monkey's Asylum) (both ended/suspended)
    Earlier DMing over OpenRPG: D&D 3.5 - T13K Fall of the 14th Kingdom, T13K For More Than Glory,
    Ark's Oerth Adventures, D20 Modern/Future - Zombiepocaylpse, Wardens of Aedenshire
    DMing on OpenRPG: Pathfinder - Weird Frontiers (homebrew), the Jade Regent Adventure Path,
    D&D 3.0 - Rhunaria: Defenders of Delacroix, Star Wars Saga Edition - Light and Shadows
    *EN World's Eyros Creative Exercise and Rules/Crunch of Eyros

    *My Rhunaria D&D setting, prestige classes, feats, etc.
    *My Aurelia D&D thread on EN World, setting and rules; new and revised 3e races, classes,
    variants, PrCs, feats, spells, etc. UPDATED AGAIN September 6th 2011 with more new magic items!

  • #208
    ooc: Updated Above Veran & Rudan can choose between a Reflex (DC 12) save to avoid the cube or making an AoO.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #209
    OOC

    To avoid slowing things down too much, Veran and Rudan will make reflex saves. I don't have the numbers on hand, so if you don't roll by the time I get a chance to find them and post, I will post up the reflex save
    Last edited by Theroc; Wednesday, 24th March, 2010 at 10:08 PM.


    Source Materials I am able to access:


    Accessible at almost any time:
    http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm
    Complete Arcane
    Complete Scoundrel
    Complete Mage
    Complete Divine
    Libre Mortis
    Heroes of Horror
    Drow of the Underdark
    Monster Manual 3.5E
    Monster Manual 2
    DMG/PHB
    Psionics Handbook
    Expanded Psionics Handbook
    Spell Compendium
    Tome of Magic

    These I can access rarely:
    Complete Adventurer
    Complete Warrior
    Complete Psionic
    Races of Stone
    Draconomicon
    Complete Champion
    A few assorted Monstrous Manuals... I can't recall which ones.

    I MAY be able to access the Forgotten Realms and Eberron Campaign settings.

  • #210
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Arkhandus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    6,417
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Arkhandus

    Cade the rogue, round 2

    Cade grins as the first rat turns into an ugly smear on the floor under his morningstar, but then the other two rats gang up on him and tear into his legs with their nasty, filthy teeth..... The rogue hisses in pain, but more in annoyance. To retaliate, he brings his morningstar smashing down again, this time on the rat the moved up next to the corpse of Cade's previous target.

    That done, Cade flips forward, somersaulting over the rats he's smashed, and follows through with another somersault, then a cartwheel over to the side, skirting past and behind the remaining ankle-biter. "Hey, thanks for all the help, guys!" the rogue spits out sarcastically as he goes.

    ooc
    To avoid slowing things down since I'm rather busy on Wednesdays, here's Cade's next action just a bit in advance. However, did Cade learn anything from his Knowledge (Dungeoneering) check in the first round?

    Cade attacks dire rat #2 now with his morningstar, a 23 to-hit for 10 damage. Booyah! Soon Cade will add "Rat-Slayer" or "the Doom of Rats" or "Verminbane" to his so-far-empty list of titles. :P Or, y'know, avoid humiliating himself with such a lowly distinction. Whatever.
    1d20+5=23, 1d8+4=10

    Follow up with a move-action at half-speed to tumble around the remaining dire rat (DC = dire rat's Combat Maneuver Defense) without suffering AoOs from it. Moving to space L-10 (avoiding rat 3's space), Acrobatics check of 16.
    1d20+6=16

    Oh, and my Fortitude save against the first dire rat's disease was a 20 total.
    1d20+1=20
    Forgot to roll both saves together, so here's the save against the other rat, a 21. GLEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! InvisibleCastle likes me today!
    1d20+1=21
    Last edited by Arkhandus; Wednesday, 24th March, 2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Added saves against disease

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [OOC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord
      By Walking Dad in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 679
      Last Post: Tuesday, 24th May, 2011, 02:25 AM
    2. [Pathfinder] [RG] Hall of the Dwarven Lord
      By Walking Dad in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Wednesday, 23rd February, 2011, 03:16 PM
    3. [3.5] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord
      By Walking Dad in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 176
      Last Post: Sunday, 12th July, 2009, 12:45 AM
    4. [3.5] [RG] Hall of the Dwarven Lord
      By Walking Dad in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Friday, 19th June, 2009, 11:31 AM
    5. Dwarven Hall Maps (contd...)
      By Kris in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Wednesday, 21st March, 2007, 04:39 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •