[Pathfinder] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Walking Dad

First Post
The cests:

chest 1: This small, iron-bound box had a stink trapbuilt into it. It contains 300gp and a potion.

chest 2: This is slightly larger than the first chest, being 2 feet long, 18 inches wide, and 1 foot deep. The lock of this ehest had a small poisoned needle in it. Inside this chest are 500 gold pieces, a small cloth pouch holding four small sapphires, and a scroll.

chest 3:The smallest ofthe three, it was locked with an extremely high-quality lock, but had no trap. Inside is an iron flask the size of a wine jug. It is covered with strange symbols, and the stopper is sealed with silver.

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast hp=18/18

Seeing the heavily secured iron flask, Ray remarks, "That's a potion, or I am an orc. And I'm definitely NOT an orc."

OOC: Owlbear, mmm, maybe. :D ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Perhaps it is but only a dwarf would be fool enough to drink something so... so large." Brawar intones.

"It doesn't matter much as this all belings to the dwarves." he continues walking over to where the scroll sits. "But I'm sure they won't mind if we have to use any of these items to help us return the rest of it to them."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer

Ray wonders if the party who has been tasked with the preservation of the Hall should take pains to return all found items that clearly belonged to the Dwarves to their rightful owners, but he nevertheless keeps his silence.

Arkhandus

First Post
Cade the rogue

Cade replies skeptically "I dunno, that bottle seems ominous t'me. Prolly best keep it sealed. I don't rec'nize magic scribbles." He relieves the chests of their bounty, or as much of it as the others will allow. "Mebbe we'll see dem dwarves on our way out later. But we can't let dem gobs take this stuff......" he says in explanation.

Arkhandus

First Post
Cade the rogue

Once the vault's treasures have been 'secured', Cade says "Let's root out any more gobs left hangin' round this place."

He leads the group around to the vicinity of the shrine, but is still hesitant to risk poking around in there on the chance that dwarven priests might've put some kinda magic traps or curses in place for intruders of other faiths or no faith. Instead, Cade tries the door across from the shrine, inspecting it for traps first. Then he tries dealing with whatever trap or lock he may find, before trying to get the door open. If he can't get it open, he'll try shoving and ramming it with his shoulder.

[sblock=ooc]Checking the entrance to the 'Sergeant's Quarters', can't remember if we already tried that door earlier. Map says the door is stuck, so I think we might've, but maybe we can bust it open this time.......

Taking 20 on Perception at the door. Browser's giving me problems with the link from InvisibleCastle, so my Disable Device rolls are here. Got a 16 on my first roll, and a 28 on my second, the others all being lower, but after the 28 he'd be confident that he took care of it and wouldn't waste any more time on that.

If there's a trap and a lock, then he'll take 20 on picking the lock after dealing with the trap. If the door won't open, he'll take 20 on Strength checks to bust it open, for a 23 total.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
GM: You are able to open the stuck door. Who enters in which order?

After getting the door open, you find a narrow hallway. At the far end of the hallway, you see a room.

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: If Cade is reduced to forcing the door with his shoulder, Ray will politely push him to one side and apply his stouter shoulder to the task. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases