[Pathfinder] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Feldar stands ready just to the side of the door if action should be needed inside. His free hand hovers between his warhammer and his coil of rope.

"What's in there?" Feldar whispers in his quietest voice.

[sblock=OOC]HP 19; Init -1; Spd 20'.;
AC 18 [10 Base + 6 Armor + 2 Shield], Touch 10 , Flat-Footed 18
CMD 12 [10 + 1 BAB + 1 STR]
*+4 vs Bull Rush & Trip while on the ground

Saves
Fort+ 5 [3 Base + 2 Con]
Ref + 0 [0 Base + 0 Dex]
Will + 6 [3 Base + 3 Wis]
* All +2 vs Spells, SLAs, & Poisons

Spell List:
0 - Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Stabilize
1 - Bless, Inflict Light Wounds, Magic Weapon D - Animate Rope[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Complete (I move feldar to the begin of round 2)

Round 1
After Fabhal (s)tumbles into the room, Cade rushes in behind the gnome and, expecting trouble, moves in to try and strike first against whatever's inside. Finding the ogre, he gulps but tries to hamstring it, in the hopes it'll drop or stagger about long enough for him to get the heck back outta here. He's rather intimidated by the big ugly fellow. Through he hits, the thick skin and hide protect the ogre from any harm. '"Uh, we could use some help 'ere...."
Sadly, the unexpected appearance and overwhelming size of the Ogre startle Fabhal and both swings go wide.
Veran entered the room, eyes widening at the sight of the ogre. "What in the blazes is that!?" He exclaimed, readying himself for the conflict.
Rudan springs at the giants leg, but his talon isn't more successful than dagger or hammer.
"An ogre, here? Working with these hobgoblins no doubt." Brawar says looking into the room from the hallway, readying his scroll.

[sblock=ooc]
Initiative (Veran, Feldar, Cade, Fabhal, Brawar) (1d20+1=16, 1d20=8, 1d20+2=18, 1d20+3=16, 1d20+3=15)
Ogre Initiative (1d20-1=14)
Ogre Club (1d20+7=26, 2d8+7=14)

For movement, see map:

Cade, misses
Fabhal misses
Veran delays (for what?)
Rudan 1d20+2; 1d6 (rolled a 9 misses; you need to assign feats for your AC)
Brawar, readying his scroll
Ogre hits Fabhal for 14 dam

[sblock=Initiative]
18 Cade (+2)
16 Fabhal (+3)
16 Veran (& Rudan) (+1)
15 Brawar (+3)
14 Ogre
8 Feldar (+0)

[/sblock]

[sblock=HP and Conditions]

Cade 15/15
Fabhal 8/22
Brawar 15/15
Veran 16/16
Rudan 27/27
Feldar 19/19

Ogre -0

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Fabhal's tumble into the room takes him right up to the huge, ugly humanoid, and before the creature has a chance to react the brave Gnome swipes viciously (1d20+2=13, 1d20+2=11). However, the unexpected appearance and overwhelming size of the Ogre startle Fabhal and both swings go wide.

[sblock=OOC]Not sure if you want to roll or want us to; just to hurry things along I went ahead this time . . .[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 22/22     AC: 20*  AC(T): 13*  AC(FF): 18*
 Init: +02    ST(F):+02   ST(R):+05    ST(W):+03

*+4 vs. Giant Type

BAB: 02       CMB:+02     CMD: 14

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Hooked Hammer (MW)      +2*       1d6+1          20/x3     Double, Trip
                        +2*       1d4+1          20/x4     Double, Trip
Longbow (Comp; 14 STR)  +1        1d6+1          20/x3

*w/ Two-Weapon Attack (+4 used Either/Or)
[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Well, Veran didn't enter until after Rudan did, so at the beginning of the round, Veran would be on the other side of the door, until Rudan signalled he was needed. Hope that helps placement a bit.[/sblock]

Veran entered the room, eyes widening at the sight of the ogre. "What in the blazes is that!?" He exclaimed, readying himself for the conflict.

[sblock=Actions]
Move to D12 if possible, delay action for now

Rudan will move to G 13(Tumbling if possible[and necessary], do not know if animals have skills in that sense) and attack the ogre with either a bite and two talons(if possible) or simply a bite. Would roll attack and damage, but do not know whether to roll multiple natural attacks or not.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministatblock]
Spells (CL: 2, DC: 12+spell level)
4/Day Level 0: Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
3/Day Level 1: Produce Flame, Shillelagh, Cure Light Wounds.
2/Day Level 2: Summon Swarm, Heat Metal

Traits:
AC: 17, Touch: 11, Flat Footed: 16
Fort: +4
Refl: +2
Will: +4
Move: 30'
Init: +1
Perception: +7[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Hm... perhaps I should create a statblock for Rudan after this fight, so I know his capabilities.[/sblock]

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
With an angry light flaring in his eyes Feldar answers, "That my new friends is an Ogre... the basest and lowest of creatures".

OOC: Feldar will be in C15 as he touched the door to damage it, but left it open for others to smash it in finally.

[sblock=Stat Block]HP 19; Init -1; Spd 20'.;
AC 18 [10 Base + 6 Armor + 2 Shield], Touch 10 , Flat-Footed 18
CMD 12 [10 + 1 BAB + 1 STR]
*+4 vs Bull Rush & Trip while on the ground

Saves
Fort+ 5 [3 Base + 2 Con]
Ref + 0 [0 Base + 0 Dex]
Will + 6 [3 Base + 3 Wis]
* All +2 vs Spells, SLAs, & Poisons

Spell List:
0 - Create Water, Detect Magic x2, Stabilize
1 - Bless, Inflict Light Wounds, Magic Weapon D - Animate Rope[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"An ogre, here? Working with these hobgoblins no doubt." Brawar says looking into the room from the hallway.

[sblock=ooc]
Two things WD one I don't have hp for Brawar!?! How were they determined for this game?
And Brawar is in square C13 looking into the room ready to cast a Magic Missile from his scroll. [/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
HP:15/15
AC:13
FORT:+1 REF:+3 WILL:+3
Perception: +2
Hand of the Apprentice: 6/6
Scroll: Sleep(cstlvl1) and Magic Missile(cstlvl1)
Scroll: Detect Magic(cstlvl1), Tenser's Floating Disc(cstlvl1), and Invisibility(cstlvl3)

Spells:
0- Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1- Sleep, True Strike, Enlarge Person [/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Cade stands ready as Fabhal finally busts the door open and rolls into the room. He rushes in behind the gnome and, expecting trouble, moves in to try and strike first against whatever's inside. Finding the ogre, he gulps but tries to hamstring it, in the hopes it'll drop or stagger about long enough for him to get the heck back outta here. However, he's rather intimidated by the big ugly fellow and spends a little too long staring up at it, so his aim isn't very good right now.

'"Uh, we could use some help 'ere...."

[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the late response WD, I lost my internet access for several days and just got it re-established Sunday evening.

Cade moves to F-13 and attacks the ogre once with his morningstar. I rolled for Sneak Attack just in case the ogre is flat-footed, otherwise he deals 6 less damage. Anyway, my attack roll was a pathetic 12 for 4 damage, +6 if Sneak Attack applies.

1d20+5=12, 1d8+3=4, 1d6=6
I swear, OpenRPG's dieroller has been evil today (invisible castle uses the same roller). I got all kinds of terrible rolls for the attacks and saves of the goblin horde I threw at the PCs in my Monday-night OpenRPG game, and now I'm rolling just as terribly for PbP. :( [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=ooc]Cade moves to F-13 and attacks the ogre once with his morningstar. I rolled for Sneak Attack just in case the ogre is flat-footed, otherwise he deals 6 less damage. Anyway, my attack roll was a pathetic 12 for 4 damage, +6 if Sneak Attack applies.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]In PF everyone is flat-footed until their initiative comes up for the first time in a battle, so not only should your sneak attack apply the ogre's using his FF AC. Maybe not enough, but every little bit helps, right?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases