[Pathfinder] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Walking Dad

First Post
The heroes move back to town for a well deserved rest. The wounds from the undead are still pounding, but not getting worst... for most of you.
The flesh around Cade's wound starts to blacken and he decides to stay behind.
The dwarfs keep their word and provide the heroes with great items and precious stones.

A short trip to the inn shows the remaining heroes a new potential group member (jkason's character)...

Post your recruiting roleplay at will!

jkason

First Post
Gurbisi Reb, human thug

Even as the heroes try to relax, a rough-looking man approaches their table. His clothing is worn, his beard poorly-trimmed, but his wide shoulders, square jaw, and the pair of short swords hanging from each side of his belt say he's more than ready for trouble. It's just unclear if he's out to stop it or give it a hand. His wicked smile as he nears you does very little to assure anyone of noble intentions.

"So, I hear tell you folk found yourself some shiny off in the Dwarf halls. Heard you lost a bloke or two and might be needing someone t'help ya go find some more. Name's Reb. Gurbisi Reb. You need someone, it's me."

Whether the man is asking for work or simply informing you that you've already hired him is debatable, though the latter seems most likely.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brawar looks dubiously at the newcomer (and almost kicks Ray under the table for his telling of every soul about town where they got their newly acquired treasure from - but he refrains from that).

"We aren't just about to let anyone tag along,"
holding up a palm he stops Ray's retort short :)p). Looking at Ray he says more to him than to Reb "We need someone qualified to replace losing someone as skilled as Kade. We can't just hire on any sop that wishes for a little excitement or a quick gold piece or two."

Turning back to the man standing before the table he asks, "So what are your qualifications Master Reb?"

jkason

First Post
Gurbisi Reb, human thug

Turning back to the man standing before the table he asks, "So what are your qualifications Master Reb?"

Reb smile widens at the question. He leans his head to one side, cracking his neck audibly, then locks his sharp gaze on Brawar. "I break things," he say, his voice low and cold. "Sometimes it's bones, sometimes it's gadgets, sometimes it's a body's soul. On a good day, it's all o' the above and a few other things besides. And ain't much of anybody who even sees it coming."

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast hp=26/32

Chagrined, and more than a little miffed at Brawar, Ray says to Reb, "Brawar speaks the truth, Reb, we will not have just any ruffian from the gutter throwing in with our band. Cade was tried and true, almost a brother to us, it seemed at times. Now what be your purposes in seeking to join with us, eh?"

jkason

First Post
Gurbisi Reb, human thug

At Ray's chastisement, Reb takes a step back, then his shoulders droop.

"You're probably right," he says with a mornful sigh, flopping down in an empty chair. "Can't say's I've ever been so tried or true. Not for mum when she got sick and I couldn't scrounge the money together for the healers who was corrupted by the local mayor. Not for my seven little siblings when the orphanage came and snatched 'em up. Or for my poor sweetheart when the thugs came after debts what we couldn't pay.

"I guess I just thought, maybe now my luck was a-changin', and I guess I got to presumin' too much,"
Reb says, looking now much like a haggard street dog, pathetic without quite avoiding the look of danger. "I guess some folks just ain't made for hero-ing."

OOC: Yes, I'm laying it on thick here, but I figured that, with a +8 Bluff vs. all the others not having ranks in Sense Motive, Gurbisi'd have a reasonable chance of telling a good heart-tugging lie, even if you don't roll social skills against other PC's. :)

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast hp=26/32

Ray takes a long, slow drink of his ale while Reb is speaking. When he finishes, Ray gingerly sets his mug on the table and collects his thoughts for a moment. "I regret the misfortune you've suffered, Reb. Why don't we see about starting you off down a better path? We do have need of a replacement in our adventuring band. What do you say, fellows, shall we give Reb here a chance to turn his luck around?"

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"So long as he keeps his hands in his own pockets. Or just his and yours, I am ok with him coming with us." Brawar says eying both rogue and warrior.

"I hope he is as good with his weapons as he is with his words. For the former will be better served in the Hall of the Dwarven Lord than the latter."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases