Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

garyh

First Post
[sblock=XP]Skill challenge, complexity 2, level 3: 300 xp *2 = 600 / 6 == 100 xp each.

Big Ol' Demon, level 4 solo soldier: 875*2=1750/6=292 xp each

2 months time xp (17th September - 17th November):
At level 1, that's 166 xp and 126 gp each.
At level 2, that's 208 xp and 178 gp each.

Totals:
  • Grakk: 558 xp and 126g
  • everyone else: 600 xp and 178g

This takes Vixo to level 3, and Grakk to level 2. (Note Grakk doesn't have all his XP from Broken Wards listed; he should have a total of 607 xp from that adventure; see Vrrsk't's XP tracking section for links.)
[/sblock]

XP approved!

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't examines the demon's enormous hammer. "This is a pretty amazing weapon. Magnus, can you check this out? I think it might be enchanted... too big for any of us to use, though. If only there were some way to take the magic from it and put it to our own use..."

[sblock=ooc]
heh. a parcel with both an unusable magic weapon *and* a transfer enchantment scroll? fancy!

Nice weapon. I'm somewhat afraid to make any claim to it given my track record with attack rolls... but, I guess there's a chance it would help with those odds... Also, it's kind of at odds with a defender outlook. I want to be the one who's getting hit, so it'd be better if someone else benefited from me being bloodied. Seems a good item for Grakk, maybe?
[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
Magnus thumbs through the book, mumbling to himself. Finally, after he had an idea of contents, he looked up at the others.

eehehehe...keys and questions...yes...

He turned toward Vrrsk't, pulling a loose sheet from the book.

yes...a key to your question...this can steal the magic away...twist it...turn it...to a new end...but, all in due time...

Turning away from the dragonborn, Magnus moved back across the room furiously flipping through the book. Crouching down in front of the prone shifter he flopped the book down and pointed at a page with a particular ritual inscribed, one that elucidated the methodologies of the secret page.

And here...a key that begs a question...what has been locked...look...

Magnus plopped down next to Kamotz and began flipping through the book pointing at various scripts.

[sblock=ooc]

Ok, once it's decided what you want done with the hammer, the transfer enchantment ritual will take half an hour and 25gp worth of components to perform.

I think there might be an off chance that there might be additional information to be gleaned from the book, since the owner would have had a chance to use the secret page ritual, so I'll try assisting Kamotz in deciphering it. I reckon he has the better perception check.

Perception: Assist Kamotz. (1d20+4=19)

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc Grakk]Your CS says you have 12 surges/day, but your summary has 13. 12 is right, yes?
[/sblock]

[sblock=covaithe]
Whoops thanks. I'll make the change.
I'm in the process of updating my character sheet as well. I've corrected the XP issue. Am I allowed to update everything to lvl 2 during an adventure? THB gave me an answer when I posted the question in the general topic thread, but I didn't understand his answer.
[/sblock]

Grakk, recuperating from his battle wounds, sits in a corner and inspects his weapon and armor. Everyone once in a while he lifts his head and notices the members of the party busy around the dead summoner. He turns to Vrrsk't "That hammer delivers a powerful blow. Trust me, I know." Grakk flashes a rare smile to Vrrsk't as he takes humor in his own pain.

[sblock=updated stat block]

Grakk: Goliath Barbarian: Level 2:

Conditions:
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +3
Passive Insight: 11
Passive Perception: 16
Senses Normal: Vision
HP 44
Bloodied 22
Surge Value 11; Surges Per-Day 13 10
AC =16
Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 11 Speed 6
action Point: USED
second wind: Not Used
basic attack: Bloodclaw Greatsword +1: To Hit: +9: Damage 1d10+7 (+11 when bloodhunt rage is active and bloodied):
Powers
At will:
Foe-to-Foe Strike
Devastating Strike
Encounter:
Avalanche Strike
Stone's Endurance
Swift Charge
Combat Sprint
Daily Standard:
Bloodhunt Rage USED
[/sblock]

Last edited:

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon occupies himself with examining the remnants of the summoning circle.

*This is quite a little workshop down here. I wonder how often he's used it -- or if he's even the one who set it up in the first place...*
*hmmf. getting too formal with your magic. new friends rubbing off on you*
*I wouldn't say 'friends'. Colleagues, more like.*
*change the name, you change the thing? suppose that does work, sometimes*

As Morvannon works, he says to the room at large, "Does anyone know where I would go to find out if someone has a claim on this house now?"

[sblock=OOC]Arcana skill check: 1d20+9=12[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz stares at the book, looking very hard, Magnus... I'm not feeling so good... admits the shifter, his focus barely there. Teeth bare as kamotz coughs, hacks, and dry heaves twice. Looking very embarassed, the shifter tries to recover. When we get into the sunlight I'll take another look, it's too dark down here.

[sblock=OOC]

Perception :D I'll just go roll that, :confused: :eek::rant::rant::mad::(:.-(
1d20+10+2=13

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk, fully healed now, moves around and does a little investigating of his own. He walks around perimeter of the room the room studying the walls. Thinking out loud, he states "We found this secret place. Maybe there's a secret place in here as well."

ooc: Perception check: 1d20+6= 21

covaithe

Explorer
Kamotz flips listlessly through the ritual book, but black spots swimming in front of his eyes distract him and break his concentration. If there are any hidden pages therein, he cannot see them.

Meanwhile, Grakk searches the room for other hidden passageways, thumping vigorously on the walls with the butt of his axe. The walls all ring with the solid, echo-less thump of stone backed by packed dirt. However, as Grakk approaches the area behind the altar, he notices a handful of half-charred wads of crumpled paper caught behind it, not far from the brazier. Fishing them out, the burns are more extensive than they first appeared. Still, scraps of text are visible.

Half-burnt notes said:
Mor..................hat you are. .............................. Our .............................you. We await ............................ rise. Seek us at ............te of Don................se.

....................waited for you, but ..................... ......................to teach.......................glorious leader insists ................. .................nort....................vale ......

More................ILL meet ...........to the House at moo.................the consequences.

.................... Last warning. Indepen...............................nnerv............. ......rth Gat.................

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases