Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

ukingsken

First Post
Quickly now ve must hurry. Lord Belingras vill not be pleased if ve are late.

Bustling down the now familiar halls, you quickly lose your sense of direction inside the temple and it seems like an eternity before Belingras's door appears in front of you.

The halfling adie opens the door, and as you proceed inside Belingras rises to greet you, his face creased with worry.

It is good to see you all again, though I wish circumstances were better. Since the matter is urgent, I will skip formalities.

Taking a seat behind his desk, Belingras steeples his fingers and continues speaking.

For several weeks now strange murders and kidnappings have been taking place all over the city. All the victims have been marked with a runic symbol that until recently we did not recognize.
As he holds up a sheet of parchment with a full page illustration of a rune, you all immediately recognize it as one of the symbols that was drawn on the altar.

It was your revelation about who Slardazial worked for that allowed our sages to make the connection. Zal'Ekthees is a minor deity who deals mostly with the shadowrealm and the undead. His origin is a mystery but his first known historical mention was during the invasion of the Jade Empire. He was driven back to his home plane but his following on our plane has obviously grown.

We had dispatched a team of acolytes and one senior priest to investigate the murders because we were having difficulty performing some of the last rites. A force of some sort was blocking us from assisting the departed into the afterlife. I last heard from the team a few days ago. They thought they had found the key to unraveling this mystery at one of the last murder scenes. However before they could investigate and relay their findings they disappeared and haven't been seen since.

For these reasons I have called on you once again. You all showed dedication to a cause not your own and were honest in your dealings with me. If you can find these killers, and stop them, the church would be most...grateful. Additionally I would ask that you save my priests if they still live, though I have been unable to scry them and fear the worst.

As Belingras finishes he suddenly seems much older, the weight of his fears weighing heavily upon him. He looks to you expectantly, awaiting your reply.

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk listens and the states, "Fear not high priest of Lauto. We will find your team of acolytes, located the force that is causing this evil with in the city walls, and then destroy it." Grakk grips the hilt of his new weapon "biter" tightly, which causes blood to ooze from his fingers, dripping to the floor....drip....drip...drip. But Grakk pays no attention as his unblinking, determined eyes continue to meet the gaze of the priest. "Tell us where you last heard from your team?"

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz gets a whiff of the fresh wound, and his inner hunger is reawakened, Anything to serve Death. A low growl begins building as the shifter breathes, the animal inside just waiting to be released upon hapless foes.

Oni

First Post
Magnus had seemed subdued once more since he had returned to Lauto's temple, but now he spoke up in that strange tone that sounded more like he was talking to himself than addressing anyone in particular were it not pertinent to the discussion at hand.

Priests...found the key...lost their selves...where did they go...where do we start...

CaBaNa

First Post
*Now, before this great task, I should ask for the promotion!* the thought was concrete and felt right.
Kamotz knelt, his voice was strong, and sure, High Priest Belingras, the shifter pulled his hood back and took his holy symbol in his hand, looking up. If it is not too much to ask, I'd like a promotion, and a better title. Maybe a fancy hat? Kamotz looks Belingras in the eye and then bows his head, his confidence is high, his servitude has been great.

[sblock=OOC]

Diplomacy to get a promotion. 22 !!!!CRIT!!!!

[/sblock]

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
"Yes, could you please confer upon young Kamotz here whatever title comes with a fancy hat. One that is preferably made of sturdy metal to protect him from our enemies."

Vrrsk't shows off his own shining helm, still showing slight signs of having been nearly turned inside-out by Slardazial's weapon.

CaBaNa

First Post
A sharp smile fights it's way to the shifters lips, only for a moment before the cleric becomes stoic once again. *I'll soon see if it was wise to ask in front of the Pack, or if I should have asked to speak in private. No, what am I without the Pack, they should witness my success or failure. It is appropriate.* slowly the sharp smile creeps back, edges first, to the mouth of Kamotz.

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk, at the announcement of Kamotz's request to the high preist, relaxes a bit, then notices his bloodied hand. "Hmmm...Biter's got a bite...I like that" he states with a sly smile as he wipes the blood off his hand onto his hide mail.

Then, he looks back at the high preist waiting for him to respond to his question.

[sblock=ooc]
<Loud speaker turns on> CLEAN UP ISLE 3!!! Blood stain on floor of high priest's of Lauto's room!

For some reason I thought that was funny and I had to share with the group. :lol:
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
Looking around the room as each of you speaks in turn High Priest Belingras looks first to Grakk.

I know the location of the last murder thy investigated. Perhaps if you can find that same clue perhaps it will lead you in the right direction.

He slides a small piece of paper across the table. Turning it over you find a set of directions to the last location they investigated.

As for you shifter, death recognizes your service. It s only in his eyes that we can advance ourselves, so if you have earned authority death will bestow it upon you. However, you have indeed earned the trust of deaths hand here in Daunton, and I have chosen you as my agent. If things go well, I will find other ways for you to effect deaths will on this plane.

His face twisting slightly, showing signs that he is less then pleased with Morvannon's comments, Belingras practically spits his reply.

Zal'Ekthees is a demon! He is neither a threat to Lauto, nor is he threatening our role here. He is nothing but a powerful demon playing at godhood, and if we dont stop it now he might eventually gain enough support to ascend.

Now is there anything else you'd like before you get moving?

Belingras is obviously ignoring the comments about his miter.

[Sblock=ooc] I figured a bit of humor was appropriate and he seems like a miter kind of guy[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases