Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

Oni

First Post
Magnus continued to work the spell of the spinning shards, egging on its lacerating motion.

[sblock=ooc]

standard: Cloud of Daggers: vs Ref [Target: H8] (1d20+6+2=26)
Force Damage (1d6+5=10)
Effect: The power’s area is filled with sharp daggers of force. Any creature that enters the area or starts its turn there takes force damage equal to Magnus' Wisdom modifier (3 Damage). The cloud remains in place until the end of Magnus' next turn. He can dispel it earlier as a minor action.

[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Magnus Madiron- Male Dwarven Wizard 2
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 19, Senses: Low-light
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:15, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Cloud of Daggers
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Shield
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere
Healing Word
Circlet of Second Chances

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
I'll have your horns for that demon! Kamotz stands up, wiping the blood from his face. He holds his hand up, and a purple almost black light begins to pulse around it, and suddenly white and black fire spring forth around the shaggy fingers, down the the forearm of the shifter. He throws the flaming ball of black-light at the demon, and the white-light at the same moment toward Grakk.

[sblock=OOC]Update: Putting a turn together, but IC is still down...

Move stand

Standard Sacred Flame (No OA from Demon due to dazed) +6 vs. Ref (+2 more for CA from dazed.)
Hit: 1d6+5 radiant damage, and one ally I can see chooses either to gain 2 temporary hit points or to make a saving throw. Giving the choice to Grakk.

Saving Kamotz limited healing for a later round. Grakk will hopefully not get hit, but in case he is, Kamtoz will use Return from Death's Door if Grakk fails his death save.

Check out Kamotz' new picture courtesy of Fragsie! It's part of his Character Sheet.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
[sblock=ooc (survivability)]
Vrrsk't has a pile of temp HP and can potentially generate a few per turn once he's down to at-wills (which is, I think, now). He's also got a fancy new level 2 power that lets him take a hit for someone adjacent. I nominate Grakk for this honor, but we need to get adjacent. I'll be coming your way.

(No OA from Dazed? I forgot that rule... will make moving much easier this next turn)
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 2

Grakk's eyes remain locked on the demon in challenge, even as blood pools in his mouth and his lungs refuse to work.

Morvannon lands another telling blast of eldritch energy, skulking through the shadows.

Vrrsk't moves in close to the demon, calling on the magic of his armor to fill him with a dizzying rush of vitality. He calls Apoli's judgement on the vile demon, but his aim is poor. While the demon remains unscathed, the divine power does repair most of the damage to Grakk's abused midsection, and he draws breath again.

The paladin's blow and Grakk's recovery provide enough distraction for Vixo to slip closer, stabbing twice viciously at the demon's back. The first blow hits a bony protrusion and is turned aside, but the second strikes deep, staggering the demon and sending a gout of foul yellow ichor running down its back.

Magnus conjures another cloud of flying daggers, more telling this time, as they pick at the edges of the demon's wounds, widening them.

Kamotz rises and stands his ground, aware of the unfocused look in the burning pinpricks of hatred that serve the demon as eyes, and smites the foe. Or tries, anyway; his blow glances harmlessly away from tough hide.

The demon, yellowed eyes clouded with pain, utters a word of such evil potency that it sends all of you reeling back, clutching your bleeding ears. All except Vixo, that is, who is suspiciously unharmed. Though the demon staggers on its feet, it somehow finds the will to turn and strike at Vixo with hammer and claw. The hammer blow clips Vixo along the shoulder, shifting his small frame enough that the demons claws pass harmlessly through empty air.

[sblock=ooc]Grakk saves vs. death. Yes, rage continues after you're healed, at least that's how I read it.

Morvannon hits with eldritch blast again for 16 damage.

Vrrskt shifts in, gains 12 HP from stoneborn armor, and misses, but allows Grakk a healing surge. Grakk goes to 8 HP.

Vixo misses w/riposte strike, but hits with dazing strike on the AP. 19 damage, and the demon is dazed (tent vixo). Since we're using fluid initiative, that effectively means everyone gets one turn with the demon being dazed. Magnus and Kamotz get theirs this round since they act after Vixo; everyone else gets theirs next round, whether they go before Vixo or not. The demon is also bloodied now, which recharges Circle of Pain.

Magnus hits with cloud of daggers, 10 damage.

Kamotz stands and uses Sacred Flame, 1d20+6+2=14 vs. reflex misses. (Using my d20, since IC is still down. You'll just ahve to trust me for the rolls.)

The demon takes 3 more damage from cloud of daggers, and uses Unholy Word, close blast 5. +9 vs. Will, as follows:
Vs. Magnus: 18
Vs. Morvannon: 17
Vs. Vrrsk't: 27
Vs. Grakk: 22
Vs. Kamotz: 22
Vs. Vixo: natural 1. Wow, you're lucky this fight. :)

Everyone but Vixo is hit, and takes 1d10+4=7 thunder damage, is pushed 2 squares, and is dazed (save ends).

The demon spends its second AP for a double attack on Vixo, hammer and claw: Hammer: 1d20+11-2=19 vs. AC for 1d10+4=10 damage, and Vixo is marked (tent D). Claw: Another natural 1. Record books, anyone? Demon takes 6 damage from divine challenge.

The demon fails (1d6=1) to recharge Pulverize.

[/sblock]

[sblock=status and initiative]
Vrrsk't 35/35 +5 temp HP, 12/12 surges, dazed (se)
Vixo 23/33 HP, 9/9 surges, marked (tent D)
Kamotz 13/31 HP, 8/9 surges, dazed (se)
Morvannon 25/32 HP, 8/8 surges, concealment (tent), dazed (se)
Magnus 22/29 HP, 8/8 surges, dazed (se)
Demon 92/232 HP bloodied, marked by Vrrsk't with DC, cursed by Morvannon, resisting 10 fire, dazed (tent vixo)
Grakk 1/33 HP, 11/12 surges, raging, prone, dazed (se) <== You're up

Resources used:
  • Grakk: Bloodhunt rage
  • Vrrsk't: Sun strike, breath weapon, Stoneborn armor, 1 daily magic item, Paladin's judgement
  • Kamotz: Healing word x1
  • Demon: AP x2, Pulverize, Unholy Word
[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster stats]
Big Ol' Demon: HP 232. AC 20, Fort 20, Ref 18, Will 16
Melee basic attack: Reach 2 (threatening reach): +11 vs. AC, 1d10+4 damage and the target is marked (tent Demon)
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
circle04.png

[/sblock]

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
"Apoli, bring me the strength to face down the evil before me, win this fight, and save my comrades."

A holy light begins to glow about the dragonborn paladin. Everyone in the room feels that this is finally his moment. He shakes off
the effects of the demon's curse like a dog shaking itself dry, then calmly walks to the demon and lashes it savagely with the flail made from his ancestors' bones and teeth. The very power of the sun seems to infect the raking wounds bursting forth on the demon's skin in the wake of the dead dragonteeth.

Vrrsk't holds his hand toward Grakk, beckoning. "Get over here!" he orders with a smile, holy energy still swirling around his right hand.

[sblock=ooc]
Minor: Divine Mettle on myself to save vs. Dazed.
...1d20+2=16
Move: to F7
Standard: Radiant Smite w/ CA
...1d20+9=29 CRIT! for 27
Action Point: Ready Lay on Hands for when Grakk is adjacent to me. I forgot to check, but I think he's got an action point so he can stand and then charge?

Also: Once Grakk's adjacent to me, I'll use Martyr's Blessing the next time he's hit to redirect it to me.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk, feels the power of healing from Kamotz's attack, but all for not as the demon, smashes him back to the brink of death again. One would think that a warrior would heal himself at this point, but not Grakk. He rage doesn't allow him rational thought.

Grakk struggles to stand, placing his weight on the hilt of his sword to do so. He then glares at the demon, screams a battlecry as blood sprays form his mouth, then charges his foe again...

[sblock=actions]
dazed: movement: stand up

Action Point:
Charge to G6: Basic attack: 1d20+8+1 (charge) +2 (flank with vixo)=15 miss :(

I know, it's a waste of an AP, but that's the way of Grakk

Do I get the +2 HP from Kamotz added on to my HP? That would give me 3.
[/sblock]

ooc: whooo thank you Roadtoad. I made my post before I saw yours. I get a healing surge
since I'm next to you. Sweet! And nice hit on the big old demon!

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
[sblock=dimsdale]

ooc: whooo thank you Roadtoad. I made my post before I saw yours. I get a healing surge
since I'm next to you. Sweet! And nice hit on the big old demon!

even better.. you get 8 hit points and I spend the surge. :)

don't forget to save vs. Dazed, too. at the end of your turn.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Ears bleeding, nose bleeding, eye's bleeding, Kamotz takes a step toward the demon. I am as Death. The holy symbol hanging from his neck shines brightly, and Kamotz howls, becoming for a moment a pillar of light. When the brightness fades, the demon seems unaffected but Kamotz, Grakk, and Vixo stand the stronger for it. The shifter barks at the demon, Hit me again weakling, unleash my fury anew! waiting until he was injured enough to call on his father's legacy.

[sblock=OOC]

Move shift J6

AP Beacon of Hope 13 vs will on Big Ol' Demon, miss, Effect; Kamotz and all allies in burst (Grakk, Vixo) regain 9 HP, and Kamotz healing powers restore +5 HP for the rest of the encounter.

Failed save vs dazed

(Sorry dimsdale, but the 2 Temp HP don't happen, if Kamotz doesn't hit, and he missed...)

Being dazed does things my grandmother wouldn't approve of. I wanted to use longtooth shifting so bad!

I think this is the new HP

Kamotz 21/31
Grakk 18/33
Vixo 31/33
No surges necessary for the healing...

[sblock=Picture]

Kamotz.jpg

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper