Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Congrats on Vrrsk't hitting roadtoad! A critical to boot!

Cov, would it be possible for Kamotz to use a healing word, or the heal skill to try and revive Varonus?

[/sblock]

Brain

First Post
Vixo comes up from the ground moving and throwing, and ends up nearer the creature after it is done. Unfortunately, his throw went quite wide.

[sblock=actions]
move - stand up
std - deft strike (move H10, G10) misses
1d20+10=11, 1d4+5=7
minor - shift to F10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Vixo - Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception:17, Passive Insight:12, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fortitude:14, Reflex:17, Will:12 -- Speed:6, Size: Small
HP: 27/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Current status effects: none
Powers -
Shifty (Minor action shift 1) [Kobold Racial]
Deft Strike [Rogue 1]
Riposte Strike [Rogue 1]

Dazing Strike[Rogue 1]
Multiclass Fighter Power [Student of the Sword Feat]

Blinding Barrage [Rogue 1]
Sneak in the Attack [Rogue 2]
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Cov, would it be possible for Kamotz to use a healing word, or the heal skill to try and revive Varonus?

Well, you could try, but he's looking pretty smashed. We're more in Raise Dead territory here than Healing Word, if you take my meaning. He is an ex-demon-summoner.

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
uh, my brain... blood dripping at an alarming rate from Kamotz nose, and ears, begins to matt his fur. The shifter crawls forward after the demon, and collapses from the intense pain still wracking his mind. The semiconscious Kamotz muttered a prayer to Death, and felt It's answer, however the power of the demons curse was still too strong! What is the demons name? croaks out Kamotz, blood dripping from his mandible.

[sblock=OOC]

Move crawl forward to I5

divine fortune

fail save vs dazed again

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Magnus scurried away from the demon, interposing Vrrsk't between it and himself. Taking a moment to regain his focus he then took up his spell once more, tearing at the demon's hide with cycloning shards.

[sblock=ooc]

Whoops, holding up the works here aren't I.

move: shift to C5

minor: second wind

standard: Cloud of Daggers: vs Ref [Target: D9] (1d20+6=20)
Force Damage (1d6+5=6)
Effect: The power’s area is filled with sharp daggers of force. Any creature that enters the area or starts its turn there takes force damage equal to Magnus' Wisdom modifier (3 Damage). The cloud remains in place until the end of Magnus' next turn. He can dispel it earlier as a minor action.

[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Magnus Madiron- Male Dwarven Wizard 2
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 19, Senses: Low-light
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:15, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/8
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Cloud of Daggers
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Shield
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere
Healing Word
Circlet of Second Chances

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I just realized that I didn't take Vrrsk't's mark on the demon into account when I made my post about it smacking Morvannon with an opportunity attack. It still would have hit even with the -2, but up to covaithe if it would have taken the attack and the damage from Divine Challenge.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 4

Morvannon scurries out of the corner, taking a glancing hammer blow that unsteadies him enough to send his eyebite awry. He takes a breath and aims more carefully, sending another devastating eldritch blast on target.

Grakk's body hardens as he calls on his race's native toughness to carry him through. He charges, and takes the expected blow. His stony hide averts much of the damage, but his stroke is spoiled.

Vrrsk't interposes himself between the demon and the casters. He trades glancing blows with the demon, neither doing much damage.

Vixo skitters to his feet and dances closer, hurling his magical dagger. His cast pings off the demon's horns, harmless.

Kamotz prays for aid, but the infernal curse still rings in his ears, dizzying him.

Magnus steadies himself, shaking off the blows received so far. He jumps quickly back and conjures more flying razors, to good effect. The demon's hide is hanging in flayed strips about its torso now.

The demon, amazingly, retreats, stepping away from Vrrsk't with a hateful glance. Again, the paladin withstands the pressure of those burning eyes. The hammer comes up and down again in a crushing blow, but this time Grakk is ready, and leaps aside just in time. Apoli's radiance flares again, and the demon screams in pain.

[sblock=ooc]Morvannon misses with eyebite. The demon's OA hits, barely. It takes 6 from DC, Morvannon takes 9 damage and is marked (tent D), and becomes bloodied. AP for eldritch blast, which hits for 15 damage.

I'll assume Grakk activates stone's endurance before charging, since the charge will provoke an OA. Also, I assume you meant to charge to E7, since it's the only legal square to charge to for Grakk. OA hits with 19 vs. AC for 9 damage. Grakk resists 5, taking 4, and Grakk is marked (tent D)

Vrrsk't moves, giving up the OA. Both he and the demon miss.

Vixo misses.

Kamotz remains dazed.

Magnus hits with cloud of daggers for 6.

Demon starts its turn in the cloud and takes 3. It shifts NE (move), uses smoldering gaze against Vrrsk't (minor): 11 vs. Will misses. It uses pulverize against Grakk: 15 vs. AC misses by one. Aww... Vrrsk't has gone since DC damage was applied, so it's up again, and the demon takes 6 damage.

It's got 4 left, someone finish him off.

[/sblock]

[sblock=status and initiative]
Vrrsk't 35/35 +5 temp HP, 11/12 surges
Vixo 27/33 HP, 9/9 surges
Kamotz 17/31 HP, 8/9 surges, dazed (se), prone, +5 HP healed with healing powers
Morvannon 16/32 HP, 8/8 surges, concealment (tent)
Magnus 29/29 HP, 7/8 surges, +2 defenses TSNT
Demon 4/232 HP bloodied, marked by Vrrsk't with DC, cursed by Morvannon, resisting 10 fire
Grakk 9/33 HP, 11/12 surges, raging, bloodied, resist 5 all (tent) <== You're up

Resources used:
  • Grakk: Bloodhunt rage, AP
  • Vrrsk't: Sun strike, breath weapon, Stoneborn armor, 1 daily magic item, Paladin's judgement, AP, Channel Divinity, Radiant Smite, 1x Lay on Hands
  • Kamotz: Healing word x1, AP, Beacon of Hope, Channel Divinity
  • Magnus: second wind
  • Morvannon: AP
  • Demon: AP x2, Unholy Word, Circle of Pain
[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster stats]
Big Ol' Demon: HP 232. AC 20, Fort 20, Ref 18, Will 16
Melee basic attack: Reach 2 (threatening reach): +11 vs. AC, 1d10+4 damage and the target is marked (tent Demon)
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
circle07.png

[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
pulverize misses grakk by 1....hee hee hee :)

Grakk was already the recipient of the the first pulverize...make the bad demon stop
[/sblock]

Grakk moves foward and thrusts his blade towards the demon's midsection with all of his might

[sblock=actions]
movement: move to d8
attack: devastating strike: 1d20+8=22
I wont roll the damage because the +10 kills him

awwww what the heck: 1d10+7+4(target bloodied)+1d8 = 25 plus
[/sblock]

The blade enters the demon all the way to the hilt. He's gaze meets the eyes of the demon, at which point he thrust upward, cutting into the chest area. The burning eyes of the demon fades and collapses to the ground. Grakk stares down at him."Be gone demon...never come back" He then drops to one knee and tries to rest as his rage sapped him of all the energy he had left.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Help! Kamotz laying on the ground could barely move. He still hasn't recovered from the evil menace that the demon had uttered.

[sblock=OOC]

Some assists on this next roll vs. dazed would be super!

Please? Pretty please?!

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 4, continued

Grakk's sword explodes out in a furious lunge that neatly bisects the demon's stomach with a wet, splorching sound. It drops the great iron hammer, and with a low, mournful bellow of pain and frustration, implodes on itself, as if the wound in its chest were a drain, down which the rest of its body poured like liquid. It only takes a moment, and then it is gone, disappearing in a puff of stench.

End combat

[sblock=ooc]Dang, you guys went through that monster fast! I think it had something to do with your rolls -- you guys were really rolling well in this fight -- but also this is a pretty tough party. Duly noted. :devil:

Kamotz eventually recovers from dazed, no need to wait it out.

Just for kicks, here's the demon's full stat block.
[sblock=big ol' demon][img=http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=41985&stc=1&d=1258188958][/sblock]

[/sblock]

[sblock=post-combat status]
Vrrsk't 35/35, 11/12 surges
Vixo 27/33 HP, 9/9 surges
Kamotz 17/31 HP, 8/9 surges
Morvannon 16/32 HP, 8/8 surges, bloodied
Magnus 29/29 HP, 7/8 surges
Grakk 9/33 HP, 11/12 surges, bloodied

Resources used:
  • Grakk: Bloodhunt rage, AP
  • Vrrsk't: Stoneborn armor, 1 daily magic item, Paladin's judgement, AP, 1x Lay on Hands
  • Kamotz: AP, Beacon of Hope
  • Magnus:
  • Morvannon: AP
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Basement Demon 2.PNG
    Basement Demon 2.PNG
    53.8 KB · Views: 70

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases