Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Thanks for your concern, guys. I admit the timing isn't ideal for me to take this on, but it's really not all that bad. I've been making good strides in the last month towards clearing old things off my plate and taking care of meatspace chores, to the point where I've been contemplating starting another (short) game in maybe three or four more weeks. I expect that I'd be okay taking this game on today -- or I wouldn't have offered -- but I also expect to be in a better position in a few weeks. So there's a number of ways we can go with this:

1. End this game quickly. You guys go back to the tavern, and in a few weeks I start up a different game, assuming I haven't mis-estimated my time. I'll certainly keep you guys in mind, if you're still in the tavern then.

2. Put this game on pause for a bit longer, and I'll pick it back up in a few weeks, assuming yadda yadda.

3. Run this game now, with the understanding that I expect to start slow and pick up the pace in a few weeks. I promise that if I start feeling burnt out, I'll end this quickly then.

Number three is what I'd been planning to do, and I still think it's feasible, but if you guys would prefer one or two, that's certainly fine with me.

Show of hands, please?

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=voting analysis and plans]Hmm... Well, at first glance that doesn't really clarify the situation greatly, but it turns out with a little analysis, it's actually pretty helpful. So:

option 3:
  • is the first choice of 3 people. (Counting "X or Y" as a tie)
  • is the last choice of one person, roadtoad, who mentioned a lack of time at the moment.

option 2:
  • is the first choice of 4 people
  • is the last choice of one person, Oni, who doesn't want to get stuck in limbo indefinitely. Understandable.

option 1:
  • is the first choice of one person
  • is the last choice of four people.

There seems to be a consensus that most of you want to continue with this adventure, rather than waiting for a future adventure. The question is when; there's no clear preference between going ahead with it now or waiting a few weeks for my plate to clear up a bit.

Here's what we're going to do, then. There's a natural break in my posting ability coming up: I'm moving this weekend, and I won't have internet access at home right away. They tell me it will be up on Wednesday the 7th, but the competence level on display so far is not reassuring. :( I'll still be able to get on from work, but will probably need that time to service existing obligations.

Thus, let's plan on starting this game back up late next week, say around the 9th or 10th, with the caveat that if Virgin continues with the Keystone Kops routine, it may be a bit longer.

roadtoad, do you think that will be enough time for you to be able to participate, or should we look for another defender?
[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
[sblock=Judging]We Judges have discussed the situation, and I'm all set to Judge this game if/when covaithe takes over.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Couldn't feel safer, no matter which option happens, I doubt we'll be lost to the void again...

Thanks Cov, Garyh, and any other judge that had a part in keeping this little shindig going!

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases