D&D 4th Edition Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????) - Page 11


What's on your mind?

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    579
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore RedBeardJim
    "His fate will spread to others if that thing gets loose, Vrrsk't. It has to be dealt with one way or another, and it doesn't look like this fellow is up to the task."

    Morvannon eyes the man sharply. "You really don't have *any* idea what this thing is? What were you *trying* to summon?"

 

  • #102
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Grakk adjusts his armor and inspects his weapon. He takes a few practice swings with his new weapon. When satisfied, he states to anyone who can hear him. "I am ready." He moves into a battle stance, ready to move in an instant.

    stat block


    Grakk: Goliath Barbarian: Level 1
    Adverse Conditions:
    Initiative: +2
    Passive Insight: 10
    Passive Perception: 15
    Senses Normal: Vision
    HP 33
    Bloodied 16
    Surge Value 8; Surges Per-Day 13
    AC =16
    Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 11 Speed 6
    action Points: Not Used
    second wind: Not Used
    basic attack: Bloodclaw Greatsword +1: To Hit: +8: Damage 1d10+9 (+13 when bloodhunt rage is active and bloodied):
    Powers
    At will:
    Recuporating Strike
    Devastating Strike

    Encounter:
    Avalanche Strike
    Stone's Endurance
    Swift Charge

    Daily Standard:
    Bloodhunt Rage
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #103
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore CaBaNa
    My communities:

    Kamotz is genuinely surprised by Vrrsk't's response, This is darkness incarnate, you don't want to irradiate it? Morvannon is right, this thing is going to get loose. Mr. Morenson, Lauto has a very different view of your practice than Apoli, I'll protect you if you simply get behind me. the shifter indicates his holy symbol again.

    Thinking further questioning could help, and that the Temple would want to know about Varonus' special talent, Kamotz continues to prod the exhausted wizard towards surrender.

    Thank you Grakk. lowering his snout, and raising his weapon in salute, Kamotz smiles.

    The shifter begins to walk toward Varonus, slowly so as not to appear threatening. He attempts to help surround the demonic beast. Go take cover Varonus, and give us a signal before dropping the circle.
    Last edited by CaBaNa; Thursday, 29th October, 2009 at 02:48 AM.
    MAGIC!

  • #104
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    roadtoad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    430
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore roadtoad
    "I have been misunderstood. The beast of darkness in the circle must be dealt with. I count one way out of this room, and that one not very large. It would be a fitting end for this dark sorcerer to reap what he has sown. I will happily face this beast as it struggles to climb this passageway which Grakk and I barely fit down -- after it has given Varonus his just punishment for the five lives upstairs."

    Vrrsk't leaves the room.

    covaithe

    Vrrsk't will loiter a square or two outside the door, keeping an ear on the proceedings and waiting to come to the aid of his fellows if they insist on saving the evil old fool.
    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

  • #105
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,778
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Oni
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by CaBaNa View Post
    Kamotz slowly bends down and picks up his flail, hefting it with both hands, Any advice? Kamotz asks the wizard, thinking he may know the things strengths and weakness'.
    ...Don't...let it hit you...eehehehe...

    After the wheezing cackled died out, Magnus turned toward the man holding the demon in place.

    The book...yes...the book...where...
    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • #106
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Grakk breaks his stern gaze at the demon, his eyes now following the departing dragonborn. "Vrrsk't, hopefully, the whimpering fool (Grakk nods to the human) will be able to give us a clue as to who murdered his family. I show no pity for him. However, to avenge the deaths of the innocent ones upstairs, we'll have to defeat this foul demon first. I...I have a feeling that it will take all of us to bring him down. Come back to your original position. Let us be the first to strike it when he comes alive! " Grakk returns his steadfast gaze to the demon. His mind and body are now focused only on the demon.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #107
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore covaithe
    My communities:

    Varonus' face shows a spark of interest, that doesn't quite rise to the level of hope. "I tried to warn you, this thing will probably kill us all. But if you can protect me, I'll tell you what I know."

    "I can't come behind you. This circle is a magic circle ritual, but it's not strong enough to hold the demon on its own. I have to maintain it, bolster it often with my heart's blood."
    He pulls back his sleeve to show a long series of parallel cuts on his wrist, some of them half healed.

    "If I back away, it will break the circle in moments. If you think you are strong enough to fight it, I... I will trust you, and run for the stairs. But if any of you are trained in the use of magic rituals, and if you have ritual components with you, we might be able to weaken it first. Do any of you have arcane components?"

    ooc
    What he's talking about is a skill challenge in the form of a ritual. It will take 100g worth of arcane ritual components, and it won't be easy, but it has a chance of weakening the demon.

    Or we can go straight to combat. Or you can try something else. Up to you.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #108
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    roadtoad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    430
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore roadtoad
    At the mention of weakening the demon, Vrrsk't returns to the room.

    "He may prove useful after all, as kindling is useful for the creation of a bonfire," he growls in Varonus's direction, menacingly, "How long will it hold if you pour out all your blood? Will it help you live a few moments longer if we go upstairs and collect the cold blood of your entire family? Has it been worth it?"

    "I apologize for my conduct, Kamotz. I merely felt..." his voice trails off for a moment before resuming. "If my friends are going to throw themselves between this idiot and his demon, then I will stand beside them!"

    Directing his attention back to Varonus, Vrrsk't continues: "Make no mistake, old fool -- I am not here to rescue you. I am not hear to forgive you for (a) dabbling in darkness deeper than you will ever understand, (b) endangering your family by drawing the attention of things more evil than yourself, (c) not them they were in danger, (e) being a coward when they were attacked, and (what letter was I on?) summoning up this thing, putting even more people in danger. I am here to quash the product of your idiocy and then to make sure you pay for your crimes. You will not leave this room. In fact, you will not leave my side while this thing attacks. The safest place you can be is behind me and my shield. If you run from this room while we are fighting this thing, I can promise you, that is not a safe decision to make."

    Intimidate

    mostly for the fun of it, but also to make sure he does his best with the ritual and to try to keep this guy from running once the battle starts.
    Intimidate: 1d20+10=18



    Currently running a 4e Zeitgeist campaign, "The Bosum Strand Irregulars."
    Follow the action here and/or here.

  • #109
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,778
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Oni
    My communities:

    ooc


    This is kind of what I was thinking when I was asking about the book, Magnus only has 40gp worth arcane components on his person though. Would it be possible for Magnus to use his blood to help make up the difference if we don't have enough? I had been kind of thinking of the bloodmage PP if I ever got far enough, why not start early.

    Oni

    "Each man, one way.
    Each horse, one stance.
    Each church, one buddha.
    Each master to his own technique."

  • #110
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore CaBaNa
    My communities:

    OOC


    Kamotz is going to roll with whatever keeps that summoner alive, and in his possession. Getting rid of the demon is secondary but delightful.

    MAGIC!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Discussion: Laws and Legalities in Daunton
      By Tomalak in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Friday, 19th February, 2010, 01:41 AM
    2. The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 997
      Last Post: Sunday, 6th December, 2009, 10:59 PM
    3. The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 281
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th September, 2009, 07:38 AM
    4. Replies: 41
      Last Post: Thursday, 2nd October, 2008, 07:59 AM
    5. [Judge Dredd] Mechanismo Robot judge
      By Gospog in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 20th October, 2003, 05:13 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •