Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

ukingsken

First Post
This is the thread for Dauntons Dead Shadows, a continuation of my short vignette The Long Arm of Lauto 2: Broken Wards.

Dauntons Dead Shadow

In the dead of night people have been disappearing from their beds, with no trace left but a strange runic symbol. A sage studying at the temple of Lauto has linked it to a minor demon/deity who was directly involved in the original conflict that shattered the Jade Empire of old. The priests, fearing another attack on the Mausoleum or one of the large private crypts maintained by many wealthy nobles in the city, have sent their agents to investigate these disappearances. That was 3 weeks ago, and with the recent events involving Slardazial fresh in the Clergy's mind action must be taken. The last message suggested the investigators had found a lead at the latest victims home, but did not say what the lead was. Your mission will be to find this clue, trace the murders to their source, and ascertain whether or not the original investigators are alive.

Players

Grakk - Barbarian
Vrrsk’t - Paladin
Morvannon Rinael - Warlock
Vixo - Rogue
Kamotz - Cleric
Magnus Madiron - Wizard

[Sblock=OOC]
If everyone could post once confirming they're here and following the halfling clerk I'll get the ball rolling tomorrow. Sorry for delays but as usual real life demands attention despite my love for this one often exceeding my reality. If we don't hear from Vixo in the next few days in this thread we'll proceed without him.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk follows the halfing, war paint already applied to face and chest, ready and prepared for what challenges await him and his companions.

RedBeardJim

First Post
*helping these bores again, are we*
*Oh, you're back? I'd gotten used to the silence*
*just be careful. death worshippers have their own goals. your survival is likely not one*
*I haven't seen much evidence that it's one of your goals either*

Morvannon follows the halfling as well, muttering to himself.

Oni

First Post
Magnus comes up next to the muttering Morvannon, leaning in conspiratorially.

Be careful...yes...yes...people will think you're crazy...

The grubby dwarf nodded sagely before busting into a cracked laugh.

[sblock=ministats]Magnus Madiron- Male Dwarven Wizard 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 19, Senses: Low-light
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:15, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Cloud of Daggers
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Shield
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere
Healing Word
Circlet of Second Chances

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Closely behind Magnus, Kamotz smiled,and pat Morvannon on the back. I don't think you're crazy Morvannon, my mother told me the word for people like you... Ecks, mmmm, Ecks in trik. Ecksintrik. the word sounds as if it were foreign to Kamotz.

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk turns his head to hear the strange words of Kamotz. Thinking to himself...Hmmm...must be a battle chant ritual of some sort.... Turning to Vrrsk't, "How's the flail friend."

ukingsken

First Post
ooc: I can judge this, if you like.

[Sblock=ooc] Thanks Vaithe, we'd be glad to have you. I'll have a post for you in a little bit here. For the next indeterminate period of time (while I'm working this job) my posting may be less frequent then usual. So don't despair if I miss a day here and there, I will keep going![/sblock]

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't enters, freshly cleaned from his sparring with Kamotz. The plate armor is shining once again and his ancestral flail seems more or less intact. The shield with the symbol of Apoli on it bears the most evidence of the paladin's recent fighting, covered as it is with many dings along the top edge.

"I am ready," he says.

He smiles at Grakk. "Fortunately, I was taught from a young age to maintain my equipment. It was preparation for this day, I am sure."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases