Proposal : Increased XP advancement

covaithe

Explorer
If I understand right, stonegod's suggestion is effectively equivalent to "double xp for all encounters currently in progress". I'm okay with that.

I'm not sure how that affects Stringbean's adventure, since I'm pretty far behind on reading that, at the moment.

Anyway, I think the proposal has passed now.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Applying the proposal to rewards for all encounters currently underway is more generous, but isn't that generally the point of this proposal? I'm fine with having it apply that way.

Applying it to all future awards, regardless of when the encounter giving the award ended, has a lot more potential to leave some PCs in the cold, as stonegod said. I'd rather we just applied it to any encounters still underway.

Stringbean2142

First Post
If I understand right, stonegod's suggestion is effectively equivalent to "double xp for all encounters currently in progress". I'm okay with that.

I'm not sure how that affects Stringbean's adventure, since I'm pretty far behind on reading that, at the moment.

Anyway, I think the proposal has passed now.

Our encounter ended on the 23rd, but it ended early because I was being nice and didn't want to stretch the "bad guys have 3 hi points each and nowhere to run" part of the fight out If we had fought to completion, we would just be wrapping it up now.

From what I can tell, right now we're just on the 1X xp side of things. Let's leave it like that, and I'll put in another proposal that our encounter should fall on the 2X xp side of things separately. That should keep this proposal's resolution clean. I think, looking at the other adventures, my group's the only one that fell into the deadspace.

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
And if for some reason it doesn't ending up applying to us, I'm sure we'll all survive.

Besides, after this all the DM's will be clamoring to give XP to us. . . cause we're shiny and awesome. ;)

Stringbean2142

First Post
They'd all be included, because they're not over yet. From what I understand, it's all encounters which end after the proposal passed. Mine missed the deadline, but by less than 48 hours. That's the only reason it's coming up. All of your encounters would be included because they're still going.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Just checking here... since XP is doubled for encounters/quests/skill challenges, I'm assuming that treasure given out has to be doubled as well so that people stay at the proper level of money/magic. This probably goes without saying as being true, but for some reason it was bugging me to double check it here as I didn't see any mention of it in the thread when skimming through.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases