Fringe #1:A New Day in the Old Town/Season 2/09

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
A New Day in the Old Town

Olivia returns from the alternate reality and Peter tries to get information about her visit. Walter makes some custard for his son's birthday, while Broyles deals with the threat of a government shutdown of the Fringe Division.

Wycen

Explorer
They apparently have not learned from other television shows that you can't trust circumstances when shapeshifters are involved, but we could have seen that coming a mile away.

Crothian

First Post
Just like last season there is an agent that they trust that we the viewer know is a spy. But it seems there is a fatal flaw in the plan. The girls body should be autopsied and found to be perfectly normal. It should also show to be not killed by bullets but shot after she was already dead.

They apparently have not learned from other television shows that you can't trust circumstances when shapeshifters are involved, but we could have seen that coming a mile away.
Yes. I must say I am also a little disappointed. I don't want to lose the character in question so unceremonously.

But otherwise, I am hooked again. The opener suggests they are now moving to a more proactive stage. I wonder how this will look like.

Blastin

First Post
Did you catch that, in the scene where the shape-shifter is stealing the first guys face, the x-files is playing on the TV?
On the nurse body: it would also have the holes in the roof of the mouth...
From some of the preview snips, I'm wondering if maybe they DO figure it out, not let on, and then try to use the guy to get more info...

fba827

Adventurer
Yes. I must say I am also a little disappointed. I don't want to lose the character in question so unceremonously.

Agreed. Though in hindsight I am not sure I would have felt satisfied if the loss had more focus either

[sblock]
(maybe because it was a predictable outcome, from the moment he started telling his "personal story" in the hospital room, I suddenly had this sense of "wow, they're explaining his emotions, usually a sign of foreboding death" and toss in the fact that they all -separated- when chasing the shapechanger, yeah, i knew either the new girl or charlie were going in that direction)...
[/sblock]

HOWEVER

[sblock]
There is always the possibility of Charlie's double coming from the parallel world.
So the character in question could always "come back" even after the shapeshifter is dealt with. Just a matter of what type of personality and role that Charlie-beta would have.
[/sblock]

Oddly, I kept waiting/hoping to see Mr. Nemoy again. But it was not meant to be for this episode.

Overall though, good stuff and looking forward to where this season takes us.

coyote6

Adventurer
Did you catch that, in the scene where the shape-shifter is stealing the first guys face, the x-files is playing on the TV?

During the Senate hearing, one senator's remarks included something like, "what do we have to show from 50 years of Fringe division and the old X-designation".

I noticed the change in scenery from New York to Vancouver. So it's like the series is getting closer to X-Files. Though unlike X-Files, things happen to move faster in Fringe than I remember in X-Files.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases