OOC:

Starring...

hafrogman as... Atrius (Bard)
Walking Dad as... Caged Fury (Monk)
Kobold Stew as... Pirx (Ranger)
eblue562 as... Rodeh (Warden)​

and

Sparky as... The Friendly GM

Fallen is a homebrewed 4E D&D campaign set in the remote past of the Points of Light setting. Arcosia and Bal Turat (Arkhosia and Bael Turath) are locked in a bitter war. Nerath's star is on the rise. The Eledin are well and truly splintered, the Eladrin retreating into the Feywild and the Elves remain behind to safeguard their places of power. The Dwarves revolt against the oppression of their Giant masters and those who escape are finding their mountainhomes taken over by interlopers and beasts. Halflings are spiritually and culturally adrift, nomadic gypsies who wander the face of the world in search of their Promised Land and new Gods to shepherd their race.

[sblock=IC Posting Rules]
Pretty standard stuff, some guidelines to keep the IC thread tidy and readable.

Speech - In quotes. Not a huge deal if you leave them off, but it makes a better contrast with thoughts.

Thoughts - In italics. If you choose to write your character's thoughts, they should be in italics.

Languages and OOC - Different colors per language. Both the color name and coordinate are listed (some are not default colors and will not have coordinates).
Abyssal [DarkRed, B1] - Demons, gnolls, sahaugin
Deep Speech [Indigo, A7] - Mindflayers, githyanki, kuo-toas
Draconic [Cyan, D5] - Dragons, dragonborn, kobolds
Dwarven [Sienna, A2] - Dwarves, azer
Elven [Green, B4] - Elves, eladrin, formorians
Giant [Olive, B3] - Giants, orcs, ogres
Goblin[YellowGreen, C3] - Goblins, hobgoblins, bugbears
Nethyr(Common) [Gray, C8] - Humans, halflings, tieflings
Primordial [DarkSlateGray, A8] - Efreets, archons, elementals
Supernal [Teal, B5] - Angels, devils, gods
Arcane [RoyalBlue, C6] - Spells for Warlocks, Wizards, Sorcerers
Divine [Gold] - Prayers for Clerics, Paladins, Invokers, Avengers
OOC Text[Font Size 1, DimGray, B8] - Rolls, actions, tactics,
questions, light table talk
Rolls - Make your rolls on Invisible Castle and post them in the OOC section of your IC post, as appropriate.

Example:

Stan staggers over to the door of his cell a blade concealed along the meaty part of his forearm. He is dead drunk, at least, he wants the guard on duty to think so. "Oi!" he hollers, slumping against the bars. He drowses a bit, on the verge of passing out before shaking himself awake. "Oi!" he hollers again, this time raking his tin mug across the bars of the cell. "Guard!"

"Shaddup, ya halfpint halfwit," growls Murray from across the aisle. Murray shifts on his bunk drawing up the thin covers to better hide his nervous face. Gods, I hope this works...

(OOC: Stan uses Bluff against the Guard (assisted by Murray) pretending to be drunk. Stan also uses Thievery to conceal a dagger. Rolls)[/sblock]Alternates
renau1g as... Kadaj (Rogue)
Phaezen as... Followingdarkness (Assassin)
Shayuri as... The Scholar (Wizard)... dropped during the Crucible
Insight as... Q'ynn (Invoker)... dropped due to time constraints
CaBaNa as... Run'n'hide (Coward)... passed on subbing in for Insight/Qynn due to time constraints

Links
IC - Prologue: The Crucible
IC - Chapter I: Blood and Sand
Rogue's Gallery

Reference
Invisible Castle

Last edited:

Sparky

Recruiting Info
(Recruiting is closed)

The List of PC Submissions:

Atrius (hafrogman)
Caged Fury (Walking Dad)
Followingdarkness (Phaezen)
Kadaj (renau1g)
Pirx (Kobold Stew)
Q'ynn (Insight)
Rodeh (eblue562)
Run'n'hide (CaBaNa)
The Scholar (Shayuri)

-------

The Crucible

So, I have the DM's best problem - excellent concepts and interesting builds all around. There're just too many. I'd love to run with all of these PCs, they're all cool in different and inspiring ways.

But I'm at a loss. Each time I compose a list, I see what players/PCs aren't on it and start again. I don't want to increase the party size, so I've decided to run a streamlined RP Challenge and let posts, voting and dice do the work. It'll go like this:

1. I post a situation in the IC thread for response (with a timeframe).
2. Players post a single response for their PCs.
3. The timeframe lapses.
4. Players vote within 24 hours of the timeframe lapsing for their 3 favorite responses (vote for yourself if you want to better your chances). I will be voting as well.
5. I post an unmodified d20 roll for each Player's PC response.
6. Score the round:
- - - 1 pt for posting a response (on-the-ball point)
- - - 2 pts for the 4 top responses in the voting (chemistry points)
- - - 1 pt for the 4 top d20 rolls (destiny point)
7. Repeat.

This week we'll start with 1 situation and 1 round of voting so everyone can get the hang of things (me included).

After that we'll complete between 3 and 5 more rounds and then I'll tally up the scores and the top 4 scorers will move on to the game proper.

I'll post the first situation Monday the 21st or Tuesday the 22nd.

Sparky

I've got the game threads up, don't post into the IC thread until I give the go-ahead here.

-----

@eblue562: Forgot to answer your questions.

Q1. Will anyone be able to vote, or is it a PC's only voting?
A: Players only will vote. I considered opening the voting up to others, but it unfairly penalizes folks who might not have a group of established friends on the boards to stuff the ballot box for them.

Q2. Will you post an IC link in the OOC thread when you have the post up?
A: I crosslink like there's no tomorrow. The OP of any game thread will have a small list of links for use in the game.

@CaBaNa
CaBaNa said:
Yup, if it's gonna be all fair, I'll do my best to join.
In what senses do you mean 'it' and 'fair?'

@Everyone: Roll call! Sound off to check into the thread.

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Cheers, Checking in and letting everyone know Magenta is my baby, all my characters all over, (except one I took over for another player) are in Magenta.

Thanks for your consideration

Also @Sparky, I don't mind putting thoughts in italics, but do you mind if I throw ** on the ends? example

The human balled in the fetal position seems to crawl even further in the corner, as the new pen mate is let in, *he's is HUGE! Don't notice i, don't notice i, don't notice i, don't notice i...* his rocking back and forth is accentuated by occasional mumbling, "don't...notice........i..."

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Reporting for duty.

Cheers, Checking in and letting everyone know Magenta is my baby, all my characters all over, (except one I took over for another player) are in Magenta.

Thanks for your consideration
Check the Sblock in Sparky's first post. Colors by language.

Sparky

Also @Sparky, I don't mind putting thoughts in italics, but do you mind if I throw ** on the ends? example

I don't mind *'s bracketing thoughts. And, as hafrogman noted, color specifies a language spoken, not a particular character. I like the character specific colors too, but I also like languages and differentiating between them in a meaningful way.

CaBaNa

First Post
So the example for Run'and'Hide should instead look like this,

The human balled in the fetal position seems to crawl even further in the corner, as the new pen mate is let in, *he's is HUGE! Don't notice i, don't notice i, don't notice i, don't notice i...* his rocking back and forth is accentuated by occasional mumbling, "don't...notice........i..." (OOC: Run'and'Hide takes the Total Defense action

Sparky

So the example for Run'and'Hide should instead look like this,

The human balled in the fetal position seems to crawl even further in the corner, as the new pen mate is let in, *he's is HUGE! Don't notice i, don't notice i, don't notice i, don't notice i...* his rocking back and forth is accentuated by occasional mumbling, "don't...notice........i..."

(OOC: Run'and'Hide takes the Total Defense action)

Made a small change that is strictly a preference (moved the OOC comments down). But, yes, totally acceptable.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases