Valley of the Dead: Chapter 1 "A gathering of heroes"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
At first a look of bewilderment comes over Kye's face, but then he understands and smiles as he takes of his helment to show the frightened girl his smile.

"Nay, Little One ye need not offer any reward to the Hand of Helm," he says cupping his helment under his arm, it's plume blowing in the light breeze. "I will help in the retrieval of your lost friend and with The Vigilant One to guide us we shall prevail!" He looks to the gnome and smiles again.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Thok scratched his head. He knew his presence was hard to bare, and that probably the lass would run away as he approaches, but decided there was nothing better to do, since he has already eaten his breakfast and take care of his other less honorable biological needs. Snuffing, the hulk donned his armor made of pelts of slain beasts and walks towards the woman, with his massive greatsword resting over his shoulder. He held the grip with a relaxed open hand

cheshire_grin

First Post
Peth notes the girl's confusion and turns to the newcomer, a look of polite patience on his weathered face. He slips, almost unconsciously, into the speech rhythyms he practices as a formal Sage.

"I do not know you, traveler, but I will offer this valuable bit of knowledge: You do not know what it is you risk, making such an offer blindly. Nonetheless, your generosity speaks well of you, and I am sure the girl will be glad of such protection as your worthy self can offer. I would ask in return that, having intruded upon a private conversation, you consider the benefit of all before any... precipitous actions."

Lost scrolls of Anariel, but the man brings out the pompous ass in me. Ah, well, Peth, make the best of it; he certainly appears suitable as a bodyguard, and you can't fault his enthusiasm.

Turning to the girl, he assumes a more serious expression. "I have heard of your White Lady, and I understand your fear--you are right to be cautious. Let us retrieve Tatters, youngling, and hope we can do so without disturbing the sad creature."

Theroc

First Post
Alevyth watches quietly, musing on the ceremony. He was tempted to sign up, but if all those of the faith were leaving the town to take the fight to the Undead, who would protect the townsfolk? Alevyth decided that, for now at least, the youth would observe events in the town and assess whether or not his skills would be best put to use in the town or out in the Valley taking the fight to the tormented. His own armor was well cared for if not elaborate, though the showy displays made him both envious and leery at the same time.

The cost of that pomp could have fed several of the townsfolk for months, perhaps even a year, depending. Perhaps the man's virtues lie elsewhere...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Looking like a young man with his hand in the cookie jar Kye blushes then smiles again at the fatherly gnome.

"Pray tell you are correct protocals must be observed!" He exclaims putting on his helment. He slides the huge long blade from his scarrab and the rune covered blade gleams on this clear day.

Kneeling on both knees before the little girl he says holding the sword lengthwise before him, "I am Kyelingar Godtouched, the Hand of Helm, Eye of The Watcher, and Fist of The Vigilant One. Please accept me and Yasaderian, The Ghostblade in thy service, and we will protect thee from all harm." Kye stays kneeling his head lowered and the sword held out before him, he hardly seems to breath.

Myth and Legend

First Post
When the Gnome talks the little girl nods with excitement and waves her hands. "Yes the Lady is scary! Tatters shouldn't be mad at me for running away right?"

The little girl displays a puzzled look on her face at first, but even if she does not understand most of Kye's talk, when she sees him kneeling she smiles. "You look just like one of the knights from the pictures!" the girl claps her hands and giggles. "I'm Jill. - the girl introduces herself and puts on a mischievous smile. - Can i ride on your shoulders?"

As the human lass approaches Thok can hear her voice, shouting "JILL! JIIIIIL! JILL YOU BETTER NOT BE HIDING FROM ME YOUNG LADY!". She seems a bit frustrated, walking on the path and slightly raising the edge of her dress when she has to go trough a muddy patch of road.

She seems preoccupied at first but it becomes apparent when she notices the large Half Orc Barbarian, as she freezes mid-sentence and stops, showing confusion on her face. She then immediately smiles and waves her hand. The young woman does not approach any further however.

"Hello there mister Half-Orc. Have you seen a little girl running around these parts?" Her voice is surprisingly calm and melodious, and she seems knowledgeable - it is not usual for common folk to distinguish between Orc and Half-Orc.

As she is now closer Thok can see the Human girl's beauty. Her hair is long, thick and shiny with the colour of chestnuts, and her eyes are large, wide and light gray. With her milky white skin, nice round breasts and apparently pleasing smile, this girl is obviously an exceptional beauty among her kind.

[sblock]Spot check please :) Also Sense Motive if you feel like it. The girl is gorgeous by the way. Think CHA 20..[/sblock]

As the young man watches the ceremony in quiet contemplation, he looks around the square. Among the commoners there are some of the adventuring profession, and it is almost impossible to spot a man grabbed in the robes of a mage, that just now entered the square.

He seems confident and unfriendly, his demeanor largely contradicting the cheer of the crowd. He looks around with a disgruntled look on his face and shouts. "A job for any adventurer going to the Valley! Gold to be had by the hundreds of thousands! Come on!"

Several men and women approach him almost immediately, and start conversing in a lower tone. The Paladin on the podium seems interested as well, as he gestures towards one of his subordinates, sending him over to investigate.

Meanwhile it can be seen in the distance down Market Street, that the menagerie of a rich or high ranking man approaches the square - half a dozen armed guards riding around a red and white enclosed carriage, pulled by two magnificent black horses.

jager0727

First Post
Sensalar moves toward a deserted alleyway, being careful not to seem out of place. Once he feels he is out of the preoccupied crowds' sight he takes the form of a hawk and glides toward the square to listen in on the would be crusaders gathering for the valley patrols.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The half orc is slightly confused by the turn of events. Thok is always confused by everything, so this is by no mean strange to him. Putting a thick finguer on his lower lip, he looks distractly around him, trying to spot a human boy. That's because he has problems recognizing name's genders. "Hmmm Thok not see hethinks." He scratches his dirty hair. "But Jill sound boy name to mighty Thok" the barbarian states, eying the woman quite obviously. He understood in that moment why his father would rape one of those.

Spot: 16
Sense motive: 13

ethandrew

First Post
Latham Brack had watched the proceedings with a look of bemusement. With a smirk on his face he wondered silently what ulterior motives had brought a famed crusader such as Lazarus Trimenheim and his entourage to this town and its problems. Quite certain it wasn't to merely vanquish the taint of undeath, Latham stood confident in his decision to come here, his notion of some true hidden power driving him to stand and listen to such a blatant show of asshattery.

Eyebrows raised at the newcomer-wizard's exclamations of gold and more gold, Latham spots the carriage with its guard in tow.

"Come on, Keht, let's get out of here," Latham states absently to the heavily cloaked figure next to him. The two turn as one and move through the thronging masses, pushing past several here and there, the enchanter's shoulder bumping into the ornately plated shoulder of a picturesque male with crystalline eyes and slightly blueish skin. Latham gives him a confused, and quite rude, look as he passes by, followed by a forearm from Keht into the man's chest pushing him further out of the way.

Theroc

First Post
Alevyth was paying attention to the crowd formin ahead when he felt a form connect with his own, being jarred to his immediate location as he looked to the man who bumped into him, being greeted with an unsavory glance. Alevyth immediately began attempting to concentrate on whether or not the man was evil, trusting in whatever Divinity was watching over him to aid his vision. Even as he did so, he felt a man press against his chest in an effort to move him back.

Alevyth's hand rose to catch the arm, pulling it from his chest before speaking. "Ho there... there's no need to be pushy... so much simpler to just ask me to step aside, is it not?" The youth replied, his hand still holding the wrist he'd seized, to ensure that at least one of them did not simply walk away.

Last edited:

Remove ads