Expedition to Runis of Greyhawk and Living Greyhawk?

heirodule

First Post
Even though the LG campaign ended, we've beens slowly playing the adventures we missed as home games with the LG characters we created during the campaign.

We recently finished (I'm the DM) the first three chapters of Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk (very cool!).

SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 4!!! SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 4!!! SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 4!!! SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 4!!!

Living Greyhawk campaign kinda messed up the way ETTROG is supposed to work. The campaign set up a Ruins of Greyhawk mini-campaign that let you start a PC that lived in the City of Greyhawk and was closely tied to city guilds. I suppose this was done before anyone really knew what ETTROG was going to cover.

So in my group, we actually have a PC who is a member of the Thieves' Guild. For chapter 4, this means that the rationale for Tirra hiring the group to break into the wizard's guild (the thieves' guild can't do it themselves by oath and magic prohibition) is moot.

So I'm open to suggestions for alternative reasons why the PCs would do the mission. Oh, and we also have a Wizard's guild member, but he could be convinced to break into his own organization.

I like the mission as is, particularly the way Norebo's Hand is given as a reward. If Tirra doesn't give the job, that aspect falls away.

Thoughts?

Erik Mona

Adventurer
Why not just have her give the Thieves Guild character the quest as a prerequisite of advancing a rank in the guild? They could set up something where the PC is "fired" from the guild, thus avoiding a guild war. Alternately, you could drop the pretense than anyone is worried about this and just have her order the PC (and his friends, of course) to do it.

--Erik Mona
Author of the Section in Question

heirodule

First Post
Sounds good. Dropping the issue is certainly the simplest, and may may the PCs less paranoid.

Maybe I can arrange for our guild thief to be clearly fired for bad actions (via dopplegangers, perhaps if necessary, though she's a "good" theif who worships Zagyg) and then given the mission as a way of getting back into the good graces of the guild

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases