Converting True Dragons

Shade

Monster Junkie
I just found this, which might be a perfect fit...

Spell Reflection (Ex): Any spell or effect that targets the mirror mephit and does not overcome its spell resistance is reflected directly back at the caster or the user of the item that generated it. This new target is entitled to a saving throw if the effect permits one. Area spells are never reflected unless they are visual effects, such as color spray. In this case, only the portion of the area that surrounds the mirror mephit is reflected; all other creatures in the area are affected normally.

Cleon

Legend
I just found this, which might be a perfect fit...

Spell Reflection (Ex): Any spell or effect that targets the mirror mephit and does not overcome its spell resistance is reflected directly back at the caster or the user of the item that generated it. This new target is entitled to a saving throw if the effect permits one. Area spells are never reflected unless they are visual effects, such as color spray. In this case, only the portion of the area that surrounds the mirror mephit is reflected; all other creatures in the area are affected normally.

That looks pretty good, we just need to tweak the affected spells a bit, something like:
Spell Reflection (Ex): Any spell or effect with the force or light descriptor that targets the crystal drake and does not overcome its spell resistance is reflected directly back at the caster or the user of the item that generated it. This new target is entitled to a saving throw if the effect permits one. Area spells are never reflected unless they are visual effects, such as color spray. In this case, only the portion of the area that surrounds the crystal drake is reflected; all other creatures in the area are affected normally.

RavinRay

Explorer
Electricty is another descriptor we can include. Incidentally, force and light are the two energy types that the two epic dragons, force and prismatic, have.

Cleon

Legend
Electricty is another descriptor we can include. Incidentally, force and light are the two energy types that the two epic dragons, force and prismatic, have.

Adding electricity is a good idea, it brings back memories of the AD&D lightning bolt spell ricocheting off walls!

Shade

Monster Junkie
Sounds good! So...

Spell Reflection (Ex): Any spell or effect with the electricity, force, or light descriptor that targets the crystal drake and does not overcome its spell resistance is reflected directly back at the caster or the user of the item that generated it. This new target is entitled to a saving throw if the effect permits one. Area spells are never reflected unless they are visual effects, such as color spray. In this case, only the portion of the area that surrounds the crystal drake is reflected; all other creatures in the area are affected normally.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Works for me! And this (and unearthly grace?) goes away if they don't eat enough gemstones. If we're all agreed, I'll write that up.

Back to the gems as potions, then?

Shade

Monster Junkie
For the former, I'm agreed. :)

For the latter, didn't we decide on this?

Alternatively, rather than give them SLAs at various levels like most dragons, perhaps we can give them a "digest gem" power that grants specific benefits at certain age categories, regardless of the type of gems consumed?

For example, an old crystal drake could consume 100 gp in gems to apply the Empower Power metapsionic feat to the next power it manifests. An adult crystal drake could consume 50 gp in gems to manifest the expansion power on itself. And so on...

Remove ads