Converting True Dragons

Cleon

Legend
It already has a SLA at adult, but the rest look good.

Well it should have hallucinatory terrain in their somewhere. Either give it two SLAs in an age category (which is not unheard of) or put the hallucinatory terrain somewhere else (Mature Adult or Old?)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Welcome back!

Updated.

Aquatic or Water subtype? I think I prefer the latter, with water breathing like a black dragon.

Prismatic dragons often lie in ambush in a lake or deep river...

Most prismatic dragons come from an uncharted island in a tropical sea...At the center of the island is a huge volcanic crater lined with immense crystals and precious gems.

Environment: Temperate and warm aquatic?

*Can also cast cleric spells and those from the x, x, and x domains as arcane spells.

Skills: x, x, and x are considered class skills for tourmaline dragons.

RavinRay

Explorer
Aquatic subtype with water breathing fits best.

Ditto for environment.

Should they be able to cast clerical and domain spells? The Mystaran gem dragons are an exception because of their setting.

Swim is the obvious skill that comes to mind for me. I'd remove Sense Motive from their general skill list since they can be misled by flattery or at least give it a penalty.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Aquatic subtype would need to have amphibious, not water breathing. I prefer water subtype and water breathing. (A little odd, though, since their "cousin" the copper dragon is earth subtype.)

Definitely cleric and domain spells. Since they favor "conjuration/summoning and alteration" (transmutation, I guess) spells and are CN and water-related, maybe Chaos, Water, and Creation domains? Not a lot of transmutations in there, but lots of conjuration and some "alteration-like" abjurations.

Definitely Swim. Maybe Spellcraft since they like to use spells more than melee. And Appraise for valuing the gifts they receive. I wouldn't mind a small racial penalty to Sense Motive.

RavinRay

Explorer
Are we agreed on tourmaline as the name? For those who are curious, here's the tourmaline page from the International Colored Gemstone Association. And here's the opal page. As you can see, both have mythological connections to the rainbow. Opal, however has a stronger connection to water because its chemical formula is SiO2.nH2O. That is, water (or sometimes air) occupies the interstitial spaces between the spheres of silica, though not in a regular crystallographic arrangement. B-)

Should it have a mixed scent since it has mixed-color scales?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'll agree that opal is a better fit, but didn't we rule it out due to it being one of the Dragon Rulers from Mystara? Still, I can go for opal if the rest of you'd prefer it.

A variety of scents works for me. I think copper should be one of those scents, though. ;)

Remove ads