Swamp Trek III: The Search for Ter-raen

Richard Rawen

First Post
OOC: Last comments/questions, before popping over to the RDI:
First, know that I have tried to detail all the changes, purchases and adjustments in my character thread.
With Richards' return from the dead would he be at the bottom of 5th level or around 10,400 as one (unnoficial) pm suggests?
Second I've gone ahead and re-outfitted Richard. I traded my old Breastplate (fitted for a 6'4" 200+ # Human) for a new Elf sized Breastplate.
I paid 20gp as a 10% restocking fee. If that is not acceptable then please let me know.
Third, would future posts of this nature be best posted in the Discussion forums or is this the proper venue?
I think that's it... until I get half way there and wonder if I left the iron on.
:)
Off to shopping and then the RDI

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: while it is realistic to replace the breastplate, note that by RAW, one size fits all (within a size category, of course) for any armor type, with the exception of full plate. That is, there is a specific rule for resizing full plate to fit (costing 2d4x100 gp), and no mention of any need to do this for all other armors.

If you do want to replace it, you'd have to sell the old one for the usual 50% (100 gp), and purchase a new one, either at market price or perhaps - at Boddynock's option - at a discount from Tarag's Forge. It seems to me, if you insist on a new breastplate, the ideal time to upgrade to a masterwork one.

Upon his reincarnation, Richard's XP total is reset to halfway through 4th level, that is 8000 XP. He has 4 class levels. He then receives his 2400 time XP and levels up again with 10400 XP, having the option to 're-take' his 5th level.

Which brings me to a pressing matter, which I would have mentioned at character re-approval time, but might as well mention here too. LEW uses favored class rules. The favored class of high elves is Wizard. So, if Richard proceeds with his plan to multiclass into Ranger, becoming a Fighter 4 / Ranger 1, he will unfortunately take a 20% XP penalty thereafter, until such time as his Ranger and Fighter levels are within one at Ftr 4/Rgr 3 (I believe that's a waste of 2650 XP?). Unless he enters a prestige class - Horizon Walker? - or goes on to take levels in Wizard :-S he'd need to keep levels balanced throughout his career.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases