Swamp Trek III: The Search for Ter-raen

covaithe

Explorer
Thorne frowns. "I see your point. No, it would not do to have word of this reach the wrong ears."

He turns to Richard, Weel, and Karl. "Well, gentlemen? It seems I need a priest, a sword, and a... whatever you are. I have a house of 'ill omen' in need of a good cleaning out. As Gildrim will attest, I pay well, though it seems you will have to do without his guidance."

[sblock=Trouvere]Just for reference, the pouch does contain the full 1500g.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

Weel frowns, looking back and forth between the dwarf and his potential employer.

"Without...? But I thought ... you're not coming?" the young man says, clearly confused.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Because - acause," says Gildrim,[/COLOR] ... "

Karl takes note mentally of the slip in speach patterns, but does his best to not show it.

he then realizes that what weel said may have truthe, though it is hard to cut through the accent.

Good question. Master Gildrum, We will neeed a guide to get there. you prescence is a great asset.

Last edited:

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard doesn't hesitate long before answering the Lord directly.
"I'd need to set the forge in order, and I'd appreciate the presence of an experienced guide also. Other than that, I'm in."

Trouvere

Explorer
Weel frowns, looking back and forth between the dwarf and his potential employer.

"Without...? But I thought ... you're not coming?" the young man says, clearly confused.
Good question. Master Gildrim, We will neeed a guide to get there. you prescence is a great asset.
"Och, na, Ah've bin peyed - maist lairgely - an' Ah'm throu wi' huntin' for urns," says Gildrim. But there's a hint of a twinkle in his eye.

jkason

First Post
((OOC: I'm actually confused, myself, so rather than clutter the thread with a lot of back and forth RP that may not parse as easily: Is Gildrim going to be going with us? If the idea is that he's playing at leaving the quest but isn't really, that's fine; Weel is usually confused about what's going on, so it's nothing to have him sit back baffled and later clue him in. ;) ))

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Gildrim has completed - well, failed to complete - his assignment from Alvar Thorne, has been paid, and is finished with risking people's lives for an old urn. But he's willing to let other people sign on with Thorne if they choose. And then he'll go back with them on his own account, to recover the bones of his former partners.

While we're clarifying, Gildrim's thick accent - which he has claimed is the result of his clan's purest of Dwarven perhaps tinging his Common slightly - disappeared when he was in the Zone of Truth - and returned when the spell was over.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=ooc]ach! nae ay se.[/sblock]

Karl looks between gildrum and mr. thorne and asks " if there is to be no guide, may I request a map, at least?"

He remembers the original statement of recovering his comrads bones, but now is a bit confused as to the future actions of the dwarf. however the curiosity of the chamber beyond the skelatin still itches at him.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Och, ye micht be surpreesed," says Gildrim. "Ah think Ah'm yet carryin' th' map Maister Fewtrell gied us."

Gildrim rummages in his pack and pulls out a parchment, stained and damp, but still serviceable. He hands it to Karl.

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

"Och, na, Ah've bin peyed - maist lairgely - an' Ah'm throu wi' huntin' for urns," says Gildrim. But there's a hint of a twinkle in his eye.

Weel opens his mouth to say something more to the dwarf, but closes it again rather quickly. He nods silently, then turns back to the discussion with their potential employer.

"Oddly enough, my first adventure involved an urn of sorts, so it rather seems Phyrah has a theme in mind for my particular tale, yes? The motive alone is worth it, I think. Er, motif, rather.

Um, which is not to say I'd want to go without pay."

Remove ads