[OOC] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Voda Vosa

First Post
F#ck! I missed him! Sorry! No, please don't bow out, you are a serious player! No wanna miss ye buddy!

Edited the IC thread to correct my dumbness.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I posted in the new IC thread.

Since we were not so active, I did not post this message here on Friday:
OOC: Hey all, the earthquake hit east of Tokyo where I work. I was in a Skyscraper at the time and it was NOT fun. So my schedule is going to FUBAR'd.

However, I am doing fine and have still been able to post everyday in other games. Tokyo still has worries about aftershocks, but the little tremors are no longer so frequent (no longer every hour). I only remember a few yesterday, but we are on alert for a significant quake by Thursday or Friday. With the settling down of the aftershocks, the probability is decreasing though.

Public transportation and power shortages are not likely to improve in the near term (I am suppose to have a scheduled blackout in my area from 18:30-22:30 daily, but it got canceled yesterday) and I am working from home again today and tomorrow.

The biggest worry now is the nuclear reactor meltdowns and things are still pretty uncertain. I am pretty far away from there, but we have been told to stay inside in the event of a meltdown to avoid potential radiation contamination anyway. The news on CNN is pretty much all that's available to us here as well, so some of you know as much as I do on that situation.

tiornys

Explorer
Ooof, glad you made it through the quake ok, perrinmiller.

I will be away from home until Saturday, and my access to internet will be uncertain. I'll try to at least find an internet cafe or somesuch to check in once a day, but if I'm not responding, feel free to NPC me to keep things moving.

t~

Voda Vosa

First Post
My best wishes to you and the guys in Japan buddy, I've seen the news, and it is really terrible. Although I'd think that if that same thing would have happened in other place, with the same population density, the disaster would have been much worse, I think Japan is sort of prepared for those things better than any other country.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
They build things to resist the quakes, but that is not what go them this time. That tsunami is what did it. The damage at the reactors and all the people dead are from that. The earthquake itself and all these freakin' aftershocks are just frightening for those of use in Tokyo. I tried to go to the office today, three tremors in the first half hour I was there. First one while on the phone to my boss in Singapore. I am working from home the rest of the week.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases