[OOC] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Voda Vosa

First Post
A NEW RECRUITMENT IS OPEN, FOR DETAILS, SEE MY POST IN PAGE 14.

In Amn, everything has a price. From assassins and slaves to art and artifacts, the nation offers an indulgence or a vice for everyone. The laws can be if you don’t have the coins to be in the proper side of things. From a Cowled Wizard of Athkatla to a simple militia man in any of the small villages of Amn, everyone has a price. Even you have a price too; this time, a very good price...Or that you thought. Athkatla is full of surprises, and when you came looking for what was promised, you only found a trap. Luckily you escaped with your life at least. As the athkatlaians says “Around every street corner and bend in the road, Amn might hold the opportunity of a lifetime—or a cutthroat waiting to end your life.” That was an example of the second one.
Now you are stuck in the capital city for a time.

What you know of the area:

[sblock=Amn]

Amn is a place where respect and reputation can be bought, regardless of race. The exceptions are many of the monstrous races, which have become reviled since the rise of Muranndin, a monster kingdom that lies to the south. The High Houses maintain a bounty on the heads of trolls, ogres, and giants.

Many adventurers come to Amn seeking wealth and reputation. Groups such as the Blazing Swords have seen their ranks inflate in recent years, and the lure of merchant bounties on bandits and monsters inspire many to take up the sword. However, spellcasting adventurers must conceal their talents or face the wrath of the Cowled Wizards, the only “legal” wizards allowed in the region.

The shadow Thieves are the predominant thief guild in all Amn. Bandits and pickpockets who do not ally with the guild face a grave threat from the domineering organization.

The Cowled Wizards are the cabal of the only “legal” arcanists in Amn. The Cowled Wizards serve as the Meisarch’s spies, troubleshooters, and assassins. Most are little more than mercenaries.

The Emerald Cabal is a secret society of unlawful spellcasters opposes the whole crooked Amnian system. The cabal occasionally arranges “unfortunate events” for merchant lords who become excessively destructive.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Athkatla]
This capital city is the golden heart of Amn, though only insofar as the country’s wealth goes. Athkatla might be home to some of Faerûn’s richest citizens, but the city’s core is rotten. The council of Five controls every commercial trait, and dispense justice as money dictates. There are rumors that Shadow thieves have a free way to their illicit actions.

Athkatla’s government, the Council of the Five, have requested volunteers for an expedition to Spellhold, the abandoned detention center for outlaw and insane spellcasters.

The Blazing Swords seems to be a recently formed and exponentially growing adventurers guild. For a fee, anyone can become a Blazing sword. Of course there’s honor to be gained, the glory of battle... But first the fee.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Spellhold]
Once a Cowled Wizard detention center for outlaw and insane spellcasters, the Spellhold is now an anathema to Amn’s otherwise ordered nation. The Spellhold lies abandoned on the island of Brynnlaw, and it has gained notoriety in recent decades after groups of adventurers traveled there and never returned.
The Five are interested in this places, but their reasons remain secret.
[/sblock]

Character creation:
4th Edition Forgotten realm campaign.
22 buy points
Level 1
Background: I’ll like to pay attention to this particular thing. Also note that you must include your own reasons for being in Athkatla, and you particular episode with Athkatla’s finest residents. Where you set up by greedy merchant? Assaulted or robbed by the Shadow thieves? Arrested or blackmailed by Cowled Wizards? That’s up to you to decide.
Allowed material: Anything you can find in the character creator (Keep in mind that monstrous races would be in dire situations inside the capital city, if they don’t find a good way to conceal themselves).
You can use backgrounds from forgotten realms in the character builder.

It’s no necessary that you post an entire sheet, just a peek on background and main choices, like race class and such.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Any particular roles that are preferable to others? I may try my hand at a character. I'm pretty new to 4E though.

Velmont

First Post
I would be interested.

One thing, in your source book, you don't speak about Forgotten Realm source books, but you want to play in FR? Any particular reason?

Theroc

First Post
Not sure how much of a peek you wanted, but I'm thinking a Dragonborn Sorcerer, who was blackmailed into the adventure by the Cowled Wizards.

Thanee

First Post
...but you want to play in FR? Any particular reason?

Probably because it is an FR adventure (though it's called Spellgard there, I think)? ;)

I do agree that no FRPG seems a bit weird in that context, heh. Maybe he just forgot to list it? :)

Bye
Thanee

Velmont

First Post
OK, so no Martial/Arcane/Divine Power. Nor Adventurer Vault 1/2. I'll think if I can come with an interesting concept.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases