[OOC] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hey what about the seeker? It's a fine class.

There could also be two bards, if each of you agree on that, I personally don't mind. But bard is strange for Lochand's background.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Well, he's both a Bard AND two levels higher than I am. I don't have a problem with it, but is it going to be fun? This is my first foray into 4e.

... even though it IS my first foray, from what I've seen, most of the Bard's ranged abilities rely on their Wands. That's why i didn't take any Melee Weapon powers, anyhow.

I would think Rogues or Rangers would be the guys who finesse ranged weapons.

Pyrex

First Post
Huh, I hadn't thought of Seeker, as I was trying to stay in the Leader branch as I had indeed forgotten that we had another bard.

I completely agree that from any reasonable standpoint that Bard is the wrong choice for Lochlan, except that all the other leaders are worse. But it was the only Leader (other) I could find that granted Bluff, Diplomacy & Insight as class skills. Ardent was great, but none of the powers worked for ranged weapons.

Bard has a smattering of Melee Weapon, Ranged Weapon and Implement powers, for the most part you need to pick one and stick with it.

Not needing to stick with leader gives me a couple other options. Rogue is actually pretty good. I'm looking at a couple others.

Basically I really want Bluff, Insight & Streetwise. My background gives me Streetwise, so that narrows it down to looking at classes that offer both Bluff & Insight, and offer options for Ranged Weapon attacks.

*ponders*

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Funny story: If I'm reading correctly, Warlocks get all three of those skills. Strap on half-elf and/or pick up some multiclass feats and boom. Bola flinger. Maybe.

Maybe re-flavor some of the Lok abilities to be bola-esque? :)

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@Voda: Lucky for me that the free Character Builder allows characters up to level 3. Hoo boy. :)

I've already spent all of my starting 100gp. How much more do I get for being level 3?

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Being the skill-monkey class Rogue was looking pretty good, but while Rogue has plenty of Ranged Weapon powers, they're limited to Sling & Crossbow.

I'm currently rebuilding with Seeker and just burning a feat to get Bluff as Seeker gets Insight and I'm getting Streetwise from my background. Should have it up today.

Velmont

First Post
If you don't plan to be multiclass but want bluff, you can take a multi-class feat of a class who have Bluff, so you would also get a small boost with that.

A good one for a seeker, if you have Cha 13 and Dex 13 is Sly Dodge. Give Bluff and once per encounter, if you are target of an AoO, you can add your Cha to your AC.

As a ranged character, you'll likely fall in melee with someone you want to shoot at some moment.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases