[OOC] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I am incredibly new to this 4e stuff and only have a couple books. I don't have the vaguest clue from where some of that equipment comes so I don't know the levels. I would guess they have one level 1, one level 2, one level 3, one level 4, and one level 5, but that's just a guess.

Walking Dad

First Post
I am incredibly new to this 4e stuff and only have a couple books. I don't have the vaguest clue from where some of that equipment comes so I don't know the levels. I would guess they have one level 1, one level 2, one level 3, one level 4, and one level 5, but that's just a guess.
I used the standard equipment rule for characters above first level (DMG1 p 143).
Level +1 item, level item, level -1 item, level -1 gold.

In this specific case:
Level 6, 5, 4 items and 840 gp.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Okay then, I should have it done by Monday. Have a ton of stuff to do this weekend. I basically just need to pick items and get it formatted for EN World. My character is be a tiefling warlock named Anguish. He is a fey pact warlock with bluff, intimidate, arcana, and streetwise as trained skills. They should complement the party well and he'll add some nice striker damage.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
47983d1301341797-ooc-paid-trip-spellhold-anguish-tiefling-warlock.jpg

Born Melech Farthos, Anguish changed his name when the nightmares began at around age 12. He has seen horrific things in his dreams and they bear witness in his countenance. He is dour, downtrodden, and a pessimist. He loathes his fiendish nature and has come to see it as the source of all his woe. Occasionally this weakness of spirit causes him to lash out at those around him with wrath and violence. Although he has a natural way with words, he is more prone to use them deceptively or harshly. It isn't that he is incapable of communicating more gently, he is simply ill-disposed to it as a matter or personality. Despite this he has a nobler and selfless side that wishes to prevent the kind of terrible atrocities he sees in his nightmares from ever falling upon others. He sees Ilmater as his patron not out of some sense of divine duty, but a strange sense of kinship for the suffering god. He, too, knows what it means to suffer and seeks to take the suffering of others as his own. His color is Red.

Anguish (aka Melech Farthos)
Warlock Tiefling Level 1
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 191 lbs.
Alignment: Good
Deity: Ilmater
Size: Medium
Speed: 6
Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Chondathan
Hit Points: 43 Bloodied: 21
Healing Surges: 6 Surge Value: 10
Str 8 (+1), Con 11 (+2), Dex 10 (+2), Int 17 (+5), Wis 10 (+2), Cha 21 (+7)
Initiative: +2
AC 18, Fort 12 Ref 16 Will 18
Racial Traits: +2 Bluff and Stealth*, Bloodhunt, Fire Resistance (resist fire 7), Infernal Wrath
*already calculated
Background: Tiefling Infernal Nightmares (+2 Bluff)*
*already calculated
Warlock Class Features: Armor Proficiency (Cloth, leather), Weapon Proficiencies (Simple melee, simple ranged), +1 Reflex*, +1 Will*, Eldritch Blast, Fey Pact, Misty Step, Prime Shot, Shadow Walk, Warlock's Curse
*already calculated
Skills: Acrobatics +2, Arcana +10*, Athletics +1, Bluff +16*, Diplomacy +7, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance +2, Heal +2, History +5, Insight +2, Intimidate +12*, Nature +5, Perception +2, Religion +5, Stealth +4, Streetwise +12*, Thievery +2
*trained skill
Feats: Ferocious Rebuke, Hellfire Blood, Improved Misty Step
Equipment: bloodcut leather +1, magic rod +2, ironskin belt, pact dagger +1, 4 potions of healing, backpack, bedroll, flint and steel, belt pouch, trail rations (10 days), hempen rope (50 ft), sunrods (2), waterskin, 25 gp
Attacks: Anguish has a +9 to attack with most warlock powers when using his magic rod +2. He has a +8 to attack with most warlock powers when using his pact dagger +1. Anguish generally has both in hand when expecting danger.
[sblock=At-Will Powers][sblock=Eldritch Blast]Eldritch Blast Warlock Attack 1
You fire a bolt of dark, crackling eldritch energy at your foe.
At-Will * Arcane, Implement
Standard Action - Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d10 + Charisma modifier damage.
Increase damage to 2d10 + Charisma at 21st level.
Special: Anguish uses Charisma to attack with this power.
This power counts as a ranged basic attack. When a power allows you to make a ranged basic attack, you can use this power.[/sblock][sblock=Eyebite]Eyebite Warlock (Fey) Attack 1
You glare at your enemy, and your eyes briefly gleam with brilliant colors. Your foe reels under your mental assault, and you vanish from his sight.
At-Will * Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier psychic damage, and you are invisible to the target until the start of your next turn.
Increase damage to 2d6 + Charisma modifier at 21st level.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Encounter Powers][sblock=Infernal Wrath]Infernal Wrath Tiefling Racial Power
You call upon the hellfire burning in your soul to punish your enemy.
Encounter * Fire
Free Action - Close burst 10
Trigger: An enemy within 10 squares of you hits you
Target: The triggering enemy in burst
Effect: The target takes 1d6 + Intelligence or Charisma modifier fire damage.
Level 11: 2d6 + Intelligence or Charisma modifier fire damage.
Level 21: 3d6 + Intelligence or Charisma modifier fire damage.
Hellfire Blood: +1 to attack and damage with this power.[/sblock][sblock=Witchfire]Witchfire Warlock (Fey) Attack 1
From the mystic energy of the Feywild, you draw a brilliant white flame and set it in your enemy's mind and body. Rivulets of argent fire stream up into the air from his eyes, mouth, and hands; agony disrupts his very thoughts.
Encounter * Arcane, Fire, Implement
Attack: Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d6 + Charisma modifier fire damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
Fey Pact: The penalty to attack rolls is equal to 2 + your Intelligence modifier.
Hellfire Blood: +1 to attack and damage with this power.[/sblock][sblock=Ethereal Stride]Ethereal Stride Warlock (Star) Utility 2
You shift your body out of phase with the world for an instant, teleporting a short distance. When you reappear, you are still somewhat out of phase and difficult to harm or hinder for a short time.
Encounter * Arcane, Teleportation
Move Action - Personal
Effect: You can teleport 3 squares, and you gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.[/sblock][sblock=Otherwind Stride]Otherwind Stride Warlock (Fey) Attack 3
You call up an unseen maelstrom of fey power that lashes nearby creatures . . . and you step into the vortex and emerge somewhere a short distance away.
Encounter * Arcane, Implement, Teleportation
Standard Action - Close burst 1
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Charisma vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d8 + Charisma modifier damage, and the target is immobilized until the end of your next turn.
Effect: You teleport 5 squares.
Fey Pact: You teleport a number of squares equal to 5 + your Intelligence modifier.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Daily Powers][sblock=Dread Star]Dread Star Warlock (Star) Attack 1
You create a fist-sized orb of painful blue-white radiance that whirls around your enemy, searing him. Fierce rays shoot from it like jabbing daggers of light, fencing him in where he stands.
Daily * Arcane, Fear, Implement, Radiant
Hit: 3d6 + Charisma modifier radiant damage, and the target
is immobilized until the end of your next turn.
Effect: The target takes a -2 penalty to Will defense (save ends).
Hellfire Blood: +1 to attack and damage with this power.[/sblock][sblock=Crown of Madness]Crown of Madness Warlock (Fey) Attack 5
You cause an illusory, twisted crown to appear around the target's head. Under its psychic assault, your enemy loses the ability to distinguish friend from foe.
Daily * Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Hit: 2d6 + Charisma modifier psychic damage.
Miss: Half damage.
Sustain Minor: The target makes a melee basic attack against one of its adjacent allies of your choice (save ends).
Hellfire Blood: +1 to attack and damage with this power.[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• Anguish Tiefling Warlock.jpg
    Anguish Tiefling Warlock.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

tiornys

Explorer
VV, I think we're waiting for the results of some skill checks and the possible introduction of airwalkerr's character.

t~

Remove ads