[OOC] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Voda Vosa

First Post
Barrel: I forgot to add you to the player list, my mistake! I'm waiting on your character sheet.
WD: I see the changes fit Taran. As for the lack of controllers, well, you might have a harder time against several enemies, but I think you should play what you want to play. That said, you are free to chose controller powers if you want, just saying you should not feel you must.

Velmont

First Post
The sorcerer and the Druid have both Strikers and Controllers power, so you can each take a power more controllish if you feels the needs to have more controller in the party.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Red was actually an invoker . . . which is a controller. I can keep her as a controller for the good of the group (and it's how I was playing her), or I can go a different route if we already have too many controllers.

Keia

Velmont

First Post
Up to now, we have:

Tempest Figther (Defender)
Ardent Paladin (Defender/Striker)
Protector Shaman (Leader/Defender)
Artful Dodger Rogue (Striker)
Avenger (Striker/Controller)
Sorcerer (Striker/Controller)
Druid (Controller/Striker)

So we have as main role:

2 Defender
1 Leader
3 Strikers
1 Controller

As secondary role:

2 Defender
3 Strikers
2 Controllers

So we have what we need as Defender and Strikers, that is clear. Controllers will heavily depend on what people take as power. We could easily have that. What I see, it is we have only 1 leader to support 7 characters, so we better do a good and quick job, because during a long combat, we will have difficulty to stay up.

BarrelRider

First Post
Great! Thanks, VV.

As for the great role debate, I could easily switch Daven to a bard, if we would rather have the second leader. It's really not a big shift, I'd just make him a cunning bard who uses his charming ways to con his way into rich people's trust. I was actually already considering adding some bardic multiclass fun later on.

Velmont

First Post
Personnaly, I don't care. It is just the tactics we will need to use will depend greatly on each character. The tactic will be different. If we have a lot of strikers, there role will be to mainly take down each target one at a time, and not try to spread there damage as wide as possible, while the defender make sure fresh targets doesn't come into there way.

As VV told. We should play what we want. I was hesitating at start between a Deva Avenger and a Shifter Paladin... I decide to go with a combo of the two, thanks to the Deva Heritage feat and the Ardent Paladin.

Voda Vosa

First Post
As I said to Keia, the character is yours, so if you want to make him a bard, do it, but if you prefer to stick with rouge, stay with that class. Like Velmont stated, you all will just have to find a suitable tactic for your group.

Insight

Adventurer
Don't forget that Paladins can heal, too. And not just with Lay on Hands. Some encounter and daily powers cause healing as well.

Theroc

First Post
Some things to think of:

Taran is our only Controller. He has:

At-Will
melee blast 3
melee slow
ranged 'burst' 1

Encounter
ranged pull 3

At-Will
Summoning

So powers of other classes that dabble into control would be helpful. More ranged blast for wiping out minions quickly, something like a wall, status effects, ...

I will maybe later multiclass into leader (cleric or the alternate multiclass shaman feats from Primal Power), as we have only one leader, but 6 group members.

Issia's powers
At Will:
Close blast 3 fire damage(discourages hitting me)
Single target cold damage that pushes my target 1 square

Encounter:
CLose blast 3 (or five) acid damage
Close blast 3 Acid damage and targets cannot gain combat advantage until my next turn. I also gain concealment from my targets

Daily:
CLose Blast 3 lightning damage. I push anyone who hits me 1 square and deal 5 lightning damage to them. (And I can persist this effect as a minor action)

I'm not sure if these are VERY controller-like, but it seems to spread out the pain and discourage hitting me. Though... all of my blasts can hit allies too.

Velmont

First Post
I know, but for now, my paladin is aiming more for a striker type. He doesn't have Lay on Hand as he is an Ardent Paladin. But I might go on some healing power, but as a Martyr he will not focus on healing. And as a shifter, he gains +2 damages and regen 2 once he will become bloodied (and my level 4 feat will gives him temporary hit points over that).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases