Tact-Tiles Mk II set

frankthedm

First Post
1. Pricing at the secondary market price is not unheard of, GamesWorkshop did that for the new Spacehulk game. Larger profits per unit sold means fewer units need to be sold to make profit goals.

2. I thought I heard some internet chatter that the person who had the original tiles manufactured paid notably less for what the materals should have costed.

3. Those tiles are clear, That is often an up-charge reason for all sorts of mediums.

4. Here is a disclaimer on their web page with those tiles...

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2881/hehx.png
hehx.png

img18.imageshack.us/img18/2881/hehx.png

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
As price goes up demand goes down and at that price my demand is nonexistant. I'm sure though there are gamers that would pay that price for them. My firend sold his original tact tiles for over twice that, so there are people who pay those prices. I'm just not one of them. :D

underthumb

First Post
On the general topic, has anyone used any of this company's products? I'm tempted by their textured hex map, but I can't find any reviews on the net (seems to be a relatively new product).

Nebten

First Post
I got the orginal ones 12 for $60. The orginal producers probably realized they had to close down when the cost would have to get to where it is now. Of coures, the current producers could be looking to see how much they are going on eBay and basing their pricing off of that.

I'm not a fan of the clear finish. I wonder if it would be cheaper if the tiles were filled in.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
On the general topic, has anyone used any of this company's products? I'm tempted by their textured hex map, but I can't find any reviews on the net (seems to be a relatively new product).
Those do look pretty cool. Hmmmm. Look like they roll up. Might be a good replacement for the huge set of Hirst Arts' blocks/sets I've done up.
Dungeon Mats

Of course, it would really help if I was gaming right now. Heh .

Mean Eyed Cat

Explorer
I noticed that in the description it says, "...comes with free Wet Erase Dungeon Marker." So, these are wet erase? I have a set of the originals and they're dry erase. I really don't like wet erase markers. I wonder what would happen if you used dry erase instead. Anybody know?

Remove ads