L4W Discussion Thread IV

+ Log in or register to post

Hybrid View

Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore garyh

L4W Discussion Thread IV

This thread is a continuation of the third discussion thread (which had grown to prodigious length).

This is for general discussion. If formally making a specific rules proposal, please begin a new thread for your proposal.

Generally Useful Links
    Character Creation Guide
    L4W Forum
    L4W Wiki (Main) - includes a lot of important but somewhat random information
    The Transitive Isles - the wiki that explains the setting; includes links to more detailed sections

If you have an idea about what character you want to play you can also just join us in the Tavern and roleplay.
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

Ignore stonegod
    Now that its Fall Break and I'm done with Batman: Arkham Asylum, I'll chomp on the new wiki some more this weekend. I'll start w/ LEB first and move to LEB templating as I have time.

Is there any thought on restructuring the L4W intro wiki pages? Right now, its a bit busy (and doesn't really get to the point... its about the old build up info not about what is).
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

"You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore garyh
    Like much of the wiki, I agree that the main L4W page could use some updating and attention, but haven't gotten to it.

Heck, it's taken me weeks to cobble together my first LEB PC (and I'm still not done).
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Quote Originally Posted by Theroc View Post
    Would a 17 con be a good choice for a bump-up?
    Or 19 STR. It's probably better to pump the primary stat but dragonborn makes it a close call because they make additional use of CON over what the Earthstrenght warden provide. CON also bump the dragonbreath damage and improve the healing surge value of a dragonborn warden in addtion with the other benefits. But +1 to hit is +1 to hit... It's a close call.

You are probably better off with 10 WIS and 8 Int, but otherwise, no, you don't shoot yourself in the foot by having a low WIS.

You will notice plenty of Warden ability that make use of WIS... but you just won't select them, that's all! You'll select ability that make use of CON or are indifferent to any stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Malenkirk View Post
    Or 19 STR. It's probably better to pump the primary stat but dragonborn makes it a close call because they make additional use of CON over what the Earthstrenght warden provide. CON also bump the dragonbreath damage and improve the healing surge value of a dragonborn warden in addtion with the other benefits. But +1 to hit is +1 to hit... It's a close call.

You are probably better off with 10 WIS and 8 Int, but otherwise, no, you don't shoot yourself in the foot by having a low WIS.

You will notice plenty of Warden ability that make use of WIS... but you just won't select them, that's all! You'll select ability that make use of CON or are indifferent to any stats.
    I actually didn't notice that many that use wisdom, at least not early on. Most are str vs AC rolls with bonus effects gearing off str or con.

Thanks for the advice though.

Edit: Question
    If a power says "Melee 2" does that mean it reaches two squares if normal reach was one? Meaning, would it reach three squares if using a reach weapon? Or would it be two squares regardless?
    Last edited by Theroc; Sunday, 4th October, 2009 at 05:12 AM.

Source Materials I am able to access:

Accessible at almost any time:
    http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm
    Complete Arcane
    Complete Scoundrel
    Complete Mage
    Complete Divine
    Libre Mortis
    Heroes of Horror
    Drow of the Underdark
    Monster Manual 3.5E
    Monster Manual 2
    DMG/PHB
    Psionics Handbook
    Expanded Psionics Handbook
    Spell Compendium
    Tome of Magic

These I can access rarely:
    Complete Adventurer
    Complete Warrior
    Complete Psionic
    Races of Stone
    Draconomicon
    Complete Champion
    A few assorted Monstrous Manuals... I can't recall which ones.

I MAY be able to access the Forgotten Realms and Eberron Campaign settings.

No, sorry, the range of an attack with melee 2 is unaffected by reach as it has a set range, which does not change

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Fragsie
    Quote Originally Posted by stonegod View Post
    Now that its Fall Break and I'm done with Batman: Arkham Asylum, I'll chomp on the new wiki some more this weekend. I'll start w/ LEB first and move to LEB templating as I have time.

Is there any thought on restructuring the L4W intro wiki pages? Right now, its a bit busy (and doesn't really get to the point... its about the old build up info not about what is).
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Like much of the wiki, I agree that the main L4W page could use some updating and attention, but haven't gotten to it.

Heck, it's taken me weeks to cobble together my first LEB PC (and I'm still not done).
    I'd be happy to help out with some wiki work; I don't know much about template building, but am up for helping restructure a bit n try to tidy the info up a bit. I'll have some time tomorrow afternoon (GMT). Is the new stuff going across to the new wiki platform?

As we've reached the limit of this thread (1k posts) please resume discussions here:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-...-thread-v.html

+ Log in or register to post