L4W Discussion Thread IV

Fragsie

Explorer
Hey all :cool: I'm in the process of writing up some stuff for the Introduction page on the new wiki, and I remember seeing a proposal a while back that all official WotC material would automatically be approved for L4W after 3 months and that proposals need only be made for what people don't want to be approved as is. But I can't remember whether that proposal passed or not, can anyone enlighten me please?

Also I'm unable to edit pages on the new wiki, is this because I don't have a community supporter account? Can a moderator give me the necessary permissions please?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Yes, it passed - the proposal thread was called something like "streamline the proposal system" or "fix the proposal system" or something. It should be on page 2 or 3 of the forum by now. The change I was going to make to the charter is on the last page of that thread, but I got too busy to actually do it. I believe that post is the closest thing to a definitive source we have for how the proposal system is supposd to work right now - you should probably copy it to the wiki.

garyh

First Post
Hey all! I'm going on vacation for a week. I'll be bringing my laptop and the hotel has wifi, but I'm still likely to be on significantly less anyway. I'll try to keep up with my judged games, but will catch up when I get home as needed.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
As much as I hate going public with the fact that I'm a newbie to this PbP DMing thing, I imagine that it'll become evident anyway as time goes by. That being said, I have a couple of technical questions.

1. How do you create a new thread in the L4W page? Do I just click on New Thread at the bottom of the page?

2. Do I just ask for a judge from within my thread once I get characters?

3. How do you interlace maps and tokens with your messages? The Insert Image dialogue asks for a URL. Do you have to create an album and link to it or something?

Velmont

First Post
1. Go on the forum page and click on New Thread.

2. Create the thread of your adventure and ask here to have someone judge your adventure. If you are lucky, they might offer you even before you ask.

3. Personally, for maps, I use battlemat. It's allow me to upload my tokens and my maps and I can easily move the tokens around. Look at the map of Stormcrow Tor I am DMing for LEB. I just link to the page every time I up^date it to make sure the player can easily look at it.

Kalidrev

First Post
I use Map Tool for my maps. I like doing it this way because I can add all of my players pertinent data (hp, surges, power usage, etc) in their tokens so when updating a round of battle, all I have to do is update the token, move it around the battle field, etc. Plus it allows me to use statuses directly on the tokens themselves. Then I export the map as a JPEG and upload it to my post in the ADVANCED section.

covaithe

Explorer
Yes, create a new thread with the new thread button. Ask in your thread for a judge, or here if you feel like it.

As for maps, if you use something like maptool (I do), you'll have to find somewhere to upload your images to link to. You can put them as attachments to your posts here on ENWorld, or you can put them on flickr or imageshack or something if you prefer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases