L4W Discussion Thread IV

elecgraystone

First Post
Hey Tenchuu. I could let you trade it in for a Paired Bastard Sword. I believe the bonus applies to both weapons in that case. Ozy actually recommended it, but I passed it because I thought the bonus only applied to the single firm of the weapon.
Yep, each weapon has the enchantment bonus. It's a good pick for the two weapon fighter at start since it covers both weapons with one item pick.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Judges I asked this before, but since Incarnation didn't take a region/background trait when created (since it was just regions and he wasn't "from" anywhere), is it okay for him to take one now? There is an appropriate one from Dragon 381 (Dark Contract) that seems to fit (would be better if there was a Mysterious Contract/Patron one, but it works).

Let me know.

Ozymandias79

First Post
I say yes as those background give a similar bonus like the general backgrounds do and yes, if you haven't taken a background or want to change from a L4W background to a general background IMHO that is OK

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
On another note, I can't wait until Incarnation gets his familiar at 4th level. BWHAHAHAHA![sblock=A Future Glimpse]"Warforged Faceplate" in Dr377 is exactly what it says. So what happens when you are a warforged? You enchant your own face which can then walk around after you rip it off.

Yeah, that +2 to Intimidate it deserved.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Okay, magic item question for you all. My PC Talon just got a +1 longspear of Myrdroon's Shard (source Dragon Magazine 364).

It's Daily power reads as such: "Use this power when you hit with the weapon. Push the target 2 squares, and the target and each creature adjacent to the target takes 1d8 lightning damage."

My question is this: are the other creatures taking damage the ones adjacent to the target before the 2 square push, after the 2 square push, or (heaven help us) before, during, and after the 2 square push.

I'm betting it should be those adjacent to it's new position after the push, but wanted to clarify with you all rather than assuming.

Thanks!

elecgraystone

First Post
Well... you can read it either that that it affects those adjacent to the target when hit or after the push. The most likely RAI is after the push, that way you aren't hit by your own power when you attack with a non-reach spear.

Either way, I don't see anything happening during the push.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases