L4W Discussion Thread IV

garyh

First Post
This thread is a continuation of the third discussion thread (which had grown to prodigious length).

This is for general discussion. If formally making a specific rules proposal, please begin a new thread for your proposal.

Generally Useful Links
Character Creation Guide
L4W Forum
L4W Wiki (Main) - includes a lot of important but somewhat random information
The Transitive Isles - the wiki that explains the setting; includes links to more detailed sections

If you have an idea about what character you want to play you can also just join us in the Tavern and roleplay.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Now that its Fall Break and I'm done with Batman: Arkham Asylum, I'll chomp on the new wiki some more this weekend. I'll start w/ LEB first and move to LEB templating as I have time.

Is there any thought on restructuring the L4W intro wiki pages? Right now, its a bit busy (and doesn't really get to the point... its about the old build up info not about what is).

garyh

First Post
Like much of the wiki, I agree that the main L4W page could use some updating and attention, but haven't gotten to it.

Heck, it's taken me weeks to cobble together my first LEB PC (and I'm still not done). :p

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Would a 17 con be a good choice for a bump-up?

Or 19 STR. It's probably better to pump the primary stat but dragonborn makes it a close call because they make additional use of CON over what the Earthstrenght warden provide. CON also bump the dragonbreath damage and improve the healing surge value of a dragonborn warden in addtion with the other benefits. But +1 to hit is +1 to hit... It's a close call.

You are probably better off with 10 WIS and 8 Int, but otherwise, no, you don't shoot yourself in the foot by having a low WIS.

You will notice plenty of Warden ability that make use of WIS... but you just won't select them, that's all! You'll select ability that make use of CON or are indifferent to any stats.

Fragsie

Explorer
Now that its Fall Break and I'm done with Batman: Arkham Asylum, I'll chomp on the new wiki some more this weekend. I'll start w/ LEB first and move to LEB templating as I have time.

Is there any thought on restructuring the L4W intro wiki pages? Right now, its a bit busy (and doesn't really get to the point... its about the old build up info not about what is).

Like much of the wiki, I agree that the main L4W page could use some updating and attention, but haven't gotten to it.

Heck, it's taken me weeks to cobble together my first LEB PC (and I'm still not done). :p

I'd be happy to help out with some wiki work; I don't know much about template building, but am up for helping restructure a bit n try to tidy the info up a bit. I'll have some time tomorrow afternoon (GMT). Is the new stuff going across to the new wiki platform?

Theroc

First Post
Or 19 STR. It's probably better to pump the primary stat but dragonborn makes it a close call because they make additional use of CON over what the Earthstrenght warden provide. CON also bump the dragonbreath damage and improve the healing surge value of a dragonborn warden in addtion with the other benefits. But +1 to hit is +1 to hit... It's a close call.

You are probably better off with 10 WIS and 8 Int, but otherwise, no, you don't shoot yourself in the foot by having a low WIS.

You will notice plenty of Warden ability that make use of WIS... but you just won't select them, that's all! You'll select ability that make use of CON or are indifferent to any stats.

I actually didn't notice that many that use wisdom, at least not early on. Most are str vs AC rolls with bonus effects gearing off str or con.

Thanks for the advice though.

Edit: Question
If a power says "Melee 2" does that mean it reaches two squares if normal reach was one? Meaning, would it reach three squares if using a reach weapon? Or would it be two squares regardless?

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
I think Wardens like reach because it allows them to attack marked adjacent enemies who shift and charge. Also, reach is occasionally pretty handy by itself. Of course, so is the massive defensive bonus from the shield, but you're already going to have a lot of hp from being an Earthstrength Warden, so maybe you could do without it.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ah. Hm... wonder if a reach weapon would be good or not then...

I'm running a Reach-weapon using warden (Ironheart, in the Ring of the Fey Lord thread). Halfway through his first real battle, he really hasn't used Reach at all because he has to be adjacent to an enemy to mark it, and once he's there he tends to stay adjacent anyway.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases