L4W Discussion Thread IV

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
All, sorry for the interruption, but do any of you know a suitable alternative to Invisible Castle? It's fairly reliable, but it's down often enough that it needs a back-up.

I found one at Online Dice Roller, but it's not as secure, and it doesn't have individual roll lookups. It's more like an IM service that has die rolling capability.

Dunamin

First Post
All, sorry for the interruption, but do any of you know a suitable alternative to Invisible Castle? It's fairly reliable, but it's down often enough that it needs a back-up.

I found one at Online Dice Roller, but it's not as secure, and it doesn't have individual roll lookups. It's more like an IM service that has die rolling capability.
The ideal thing would actually be to have a built-in dice roller on EN World, like they have on Planewalker.com. The result would display along with your post, no need for a DM to look it up, and the stability would exclusively be tied to EN World. In my opinion, it works really well on Planewalker.

Unfortunately, I don't know about other reliable independent dice rollers than Invisible Castle, sorry.

renau1g

First Post
Myth-Weavers and DNDonlinegames does as well... it's better than linking to IC.

I don't imagine it's too difficult to implement, but not sure if it's even on Morrus' radar.

covaithe

Explorer
I'm told there used to be a die roller built in on enworld, but that was long before my time.

I ran across hamete virtual dice server - a die roller online today, where you can give access to your roll history to other specific users. Meh.

There's absolutely no reason why a competent software developer (like, say, me) shouldn't be able to write a clone of InvisibleCastle in a week or two, given the free time (ah, there's the rub) and motivation. It's a dead simple database-backed web app.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases