L4W Discussion Thread IV - Page 16

+ Log in or register to post
Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore Phoenix8008
    Ditto on the wellwishing to everyone.

We're going through a bout of Flu here at my house. One son had it for a few days a week or so ago. Then my daughter started puking a couple nights ago, but didn't have any fever. Then the next day she stopped puking but had a low grade fever. Then today (or yesterday as its now 2:30am here) another son, my wife and myself all started having various combinations of fever and puking. The last 12 hours have not been fun for me needless to say. Then my one remaining son knocked on my door at around 1am to let me know he had just puked for the first time. And as I'm typing this, he just went into the bathroom and let go for his second time. On the bright side, I'm feeling pretty darn good myself currently and am hoping that I'm done and through with this. After talking with the 17 year old who is sick currently to give him advice, I found myself unable to sleep again and (praise the heavens) my stomach actually growled at me to let me know I was hungry! So I thoroughly enjoyed my 7 grapes while sitting here typing and sipping on my purple Gatorade. With luck, tomorrow will be better for all.

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    I hope I don't sound rude by shifting back to topic , but I have two questions.

1. I still need a judge for 'Wayne's Basement' (Covaithe is exempt unless he really wants to).
    2. Is there a minimum age at which one can have an account on ENWorld. My son and I play Table-Top 4E a lot, but he's fascinated by the adventures I read to him from ENWorld. He keeps asking me if he can get an account.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

Ignore stonegod
    Quote Originally Posted by H.M.Gimlord View Post
    1. Is there a minimum age at which one can have an account on ENWorld. My son and I play Table-Top 4E a lot, but he's fascinated by the adventures I read to him from ENWorld. He keeps asking me if he can get an account.
    There is no hard limit that I'm aware of (though there may be one legally somewhere); 13 is generally listed as a known lower limit (mentioned in the FAQ as one of the reasons for the Grandma Rule). Best to ask in Meta.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

"You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    Quote Originally Posted by H.M.Gimlord View Post
    Is there a minimum age at which one can have an account on ENWorld. My son and I play Table-Top 4E a lot, but he's fascinated by the adventures I read to him from ENWorld. He keeps asking me if he can get an account.
    IMO it's up to you as a parent. You know the kind of stuff that goes on here; if you're ok with your son participating, I don't see where it's any of our business to tell you no.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Atriden
    Wow, get down with the sickness! Man I love that swing version from Richard Cheese...

Well wishing from me to everyone that is ill!

Quote Originally Posted by Covaithe
    You know the kind of stuff that goes on here
    Yeah, I wouldn't recommend your son to read "The Closed Eye" if he is too young

Quote Originally Posted by Atriden View Post
    Wow, get down with the sickness! Man I love that swing version from Richard Cheese...
    Richard Cheese is teh awesome! Down with the Sickness was good, I'd have to say his version of Nine Inch Nails "Closer" is one of my hands down favorites though.

Source Materials I am able to access:

Accessible at almost any time:
    http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm
    Complete Arcane
    Complete Scoundrel
    Complete Mage
    Complete Divine
    Libre Mortis
    Heroes of Horror
    Drow of the Underdark
    Monster Manual 3.5E
    Monster Manual 2
    DMG/PHB
    Psionics Handbook
    Expanded Psionics Handbook
    Spell Compendium
    Tome of Magic

These I can access rarely:
    Complete Adventurer
    Complete Warrior
    Complete Psionic
    Races of Stone
    Draconomicon
    Complete Champion
    A few assorted Monstrous Manuals... I can't recall which ones.

I MAY be able to access the Forgotten Realms and Eberron Campaign settings.

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore CaBaNa
    Hope everyone feels better, especially you Cov, as this community is a large part of my daily life now.

H.M.Gimlord - You've met Palindrome, if you are comfortable with your kid running around with a similar character, I'd say yes. The main thing, as Cov said, is that you are comfortable as a parent, especially when questions come up. You're likely going to have to read along with your child's adventure to explain any "questionable material" and how appropriate it is for repetition in public... I'd let my younger cousins (10 and 13) play here, so long as their parents understood the "questionable material." It's mostly violence, some sexually suggestive themes, and a small amount of coarse language. Nothing someone that age doesn't see in their daily reality.
    MAGIC!

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore Voda Vosa
    Hey there, just wondering when will my proposed adventure will be approved. It has been more than two weeks now, and haven't received any communications since that of Ozymandias adjusting the xp of the skill challenges.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore garyh
    Hi all! Got back from vacation late last night / early this morning, and will be slowly catching up over the next few days.

Went to Hawaii, gave me a great idea for an tropical islander themed warden. Too bad I'm at my two PC cap.
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

Welcome back Gary, hope the sun was fun and you had an enjoyable vacation, I hear it's pretty nice there.

LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/

L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast