L4W Discussion Thread IV

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
So, the PHB state clearly (if not obviously, the line is kinda buried!) that you only gain benefit from one items you wear on your arms. It would benefit from a better spelling because the difference between a spike shield and an off-hand weapon is kinda tenuous...

That does leave the two-weapon fighters as being potentially the only ones able to potentially use one more magic items than everyone else.

Well, shield still rocks!

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
So, a craghammer is worth spending a feat for? I was wondering, though, I didn't see a whole lot to improve accuracy(which is more important than damage for a defender, I'd wager).

*Shrug* Kinda. It is certainly better than a warhammer because it improves average damage by 1.

But if you ask; is it better than another feat I could be taking instead... That's a whole other question!

Toughness (Yes, even for the already tough Warden! You are never too tough when you are a defender!)
Enlarged Dragon Breath (Increase area from 9 square to 25 square!)
Dragonborn Frenzy
Weapon Focus Hammer (Gives the same +1 average to damage except it will improve to +2 and +3 at higher tiers)

These are all feats that also merit your attention.

Theroc

First Post
Hrm... another question;

in the chart for health, it has CON at one point. Does it want constitution SCORE or MODIFIER? It seems vague to me, but it appears to be calculating the healing surge value.

Edit: Nvm, I think I figured it out. I add con score to starting HP.

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yup, Con score, not modifier, is used in the hp calculation. That's a big difference from 3.5. And that table calculates your max hp, which in turn dictates your bloodied value and surge value (1/2 and 1/4 max hp, respectively).

Edit: Also, since I keep forgetting to do this: Welcome to L4W Theroc! Hope you have as much fun here as the rest of us do! :)

Theroc

First Post
Yup, Con score, not modifier, is used in the hp calculation. That's a big difference from 3.5. And that table calculates your max hp, which in turn dictates your bloodied value and surge value (1/2 and 1/4 max hp, respectively).

Edit: Also, since I keep forgetting to do this: Welcome to L4W Theroc! Hope you have as much fun here as the rest of us do! :)

Thanks. I suppose that chart can't be bludgeoned to incorporate the Dragonborn's 1/4 HP+Con surge value, can it? lol.

I think the math is mostly done. If anyone wanted to glance over it for any glaring issues before I send it in for Judge scrutiny, that'd be appreciated.

Theroc

First Post
New question! Where do I find the L4W Power template?

Edit: Also need to decide a breath weapon damage type. Already decided to key it off of strength, since my strength score is higher at the moment, and will likely advance before constitution each attribute raise.

I don't want to be too powergame-y, but which element for a Dragon's Breath has a lower chance to encounter resistances/immunities?

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
It's between Lightning and Acid at the moment, since alot of my Warden abilities are doing cold, having Lightning or Acid might be beneficial.

Theroc

First Post
Having a bit of trouble figuring out what I need to do to make this power show up correctly on the power card.

Warden's "Thunder Ram Assault" which has a primary and secondary attack.

The primary attack information shows up fine. How do I get the secondary attack information to show up? At the moment, I have each labelled "Secondary target" etc... and they don't show up on the final product.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases