L4W Discussion Thread IV

taran

First Post
I agree, this is a good nerf, it's still definitely better than the original multiclass feat in exchange for the higher stat requirement, but it's on the continuum now...
I don't know, I think I'd prefer the original PHB2 feat to the post-nerf Hero of Faith. HoF is only better when you land no hits against the target in two rounds; even if you're not using any multiple-attack powers you have to miss twice, and that's not terribly likely.

CaBaNa

First Post
Unless you're a cleric, and the religion skill is all but useless for you, and you only need the extra accuracy for that one encounter power that does damage and heals, but only if it hits... Kamotz...

but if the religion skill is a bonus for you, and you'd like to have the full TENT, go with the PHB2.

taran

First Post
Good call, I missed that HoF can give you any Avenger skill. I'd still be comfortable with it requiring only Wis 13, though.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Actually, for accuracy purposes, HotF is worse for Kamotz as whatever the other one was. If even with the oath he misses with his Healing Strike, the attack is still wasted. HotF seems to only be better if Kamotz doesn't hit the target on his next turn as well.

Of course, the skill is still very nice, since Avengers have a pretty solid list. But it may not be nice enough.

dimsdale

First Post
Forgive my ignorance...

What am I allowed to change when one of my characters reaches another level midway through an adventure (in this case, 2nd level)? I remember reading something earlier about this, but I can't remember where.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
It seems there are a couple of errors in the new errata - Quicksilver Strike seems to be backwards (it used to let you move twice is far if NOT wearing heavy armour, now it's twice as far if you ARE wearing heavy armour). And it looks like they've got two of the double weapons from Eberron backwards: the double scimitar has a sword end and an axe end, while the one below it is statted like a double sword. And I think someone pointed out a third thing, but I forget now.

Oni

First Post
Its just like computer games: Patching to fix bugs and patching to balance are both valid ways to improve the game experience.

Heh, its tone reminded me of reading WoW patchnotes. Also it the little voice at the back of my mind going, "OMG, please don't nerf my class, OMG, please don't nerf my class".* :p

*Not bitter at all about the way Blizzard used to jerk warriors around. Nope, not at all...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases