L4W Discussion Thread IV

renau1g

First Post
I just ran a quickie analysis on all the PC's in the Character Status (removing MIA & Retired PC's), surprisingly the warforged are the 2nd most popular PC's & Warlocks are the most popular class.

Last edited:

Dunamin

First Post
Interesting idea. I added Woe and Rhole.

Is there some way to navigate to it from the main L4W pages that I missed? The sorting by name doesn't work for all characters, but I couldn't figure out how to fix it.

ryryguy

First Post
I just ran a quickie analysis on all the PC's in the Character Status (removing MIA & Retired PC's), surprisingly the warforged are the 2nd most popular PC's & Warlocks are the most popular class.

Kind of surprising, but not entirely. The +2 STR / +2 CON for warforged is attractive for most melee types, plus they have fun RP and background possibilities.

Warlocks I'm a little more surprised by since they have the rep as the weak-sister striker... I don't know if that's really true, but they do have that rep. They also have lots of good RP potential.

elecgraystone

First Post
Warlocks I'm a little more surprised by since they have the rep as the weak-sister striker... I don't know if that's really true, but they do have that rep.
Well, I wouldn't call my warlock weak. They have a rep for being a little weak in damage. Few can can match it's toughness though, since it's the only class that has Con as an attack stat. That's a big plus in my book since I enjoy standing at the end of a fight, even if my ranged striker has been in melee combat most of the fight. ;)

Warforged got a boost from the barbarian and warden classes coming out.

Dekana

Explorer
There seems to be a discrepancy between the charter and the character creation guide.

charter said:
Once before your character is approved for level 2, you may do an overhaul of your character. This is a single opportunity in that character’s career to recreate all mechanical aspects of the character except for class, race, and basic character concept. The overhaul must be approved as per the normal rules for character approval, and requires DM permission if the character is involved in an adventure.

character creation guide said:
Once before your character is approved for level 2, you may do an overhaul of your character. This is a single opportunity in that character’s career to recreate all mechanical aspects of the character except for class, race, ability scores, and basic character concept. The overhaul must be approved as per the normal rules for character approval, and requires DM permission if the character is involved in an adventure.
(Emphasis mine)

Which is correct? I was thinking of doing a rebuild for my rogue, but a large part of the change would involve reassigning ability scores.

Last edited:

Remove ads