L4W Discussion Thread IV

Dunamin

First Post
Considering that Woe also is the happy owner of a Spear of Myrdroon's Shard, I'd very much like to think that he doesn't get burned by his own attack. (And we've been playing it with taking effect after the attack as well)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Considering that Woe also is the happy owner of a Spear of Myrdroon's Shard, I'd very much like to think that he doesn't get burned by his own attack. (And we've been playing it with taking effect after the attack as well)

Note that, if I'm not mistaken, applying forced movement is always optional, so you can choose not to push and still apply the damage to all adjacent creatures. If you really wanted to burn yourself for some reason.

Dunamin

First Post
Note that, if I'm not mistaken, applying forced movement is always optional, so you can choose not to push and still apply the damage to all adjacent creatures. If you really wanted to burn yourself for some reason.
Duly noted under "Masochistic Options". :p

You're right, though, such options can have potential for powers like the infernal warlock's Hellish Rebuke.

Tenchuu

First Post
Two Questions:
1. If a target is marked by two opponents, what happens? What is the result if he attacks one 1 of the markers, and what happens if he attacks neither of the markers?
2. If you are a marked target and your hitpoints are reduced to zero, but an ally heals you before the marking would otherwise end, does the marked condition continue or not?

RedBeardJim

First Post
Two Questions:
1. If a target is marked by two opponents, what happens? What is the result if he attacks one 1 of the markers, and what happens if he attacks neither of the markers?
You cannot be marked by two characters at the same time. Any mark supercedes a previously applied mark.

2. If you are a marked target and your hitpoints are reduced to zero, but an ally heals you before the marking would otherwise end, does the marked condition continue or not?

I believe so, yes.

elecgraystone

First Post
You cannot be marked by two characters at the same time. Any mark supercedes a previously applied mark.
Well... there are some marks that you can't supercede, so saying any mark isn't true. Make that most marks.

I don't recall anything about conditions you've put on others going away when you go to 0, so I'd say it stays.

Kalidrev

First Post
Even going to 0 hit points without any healing would not end any conditions that are put on you (as you are not DEAD at that point, only dying). For example, if you are poisoned in an adventure and are taking ongoing 5 poison damage, and an enemy hits you, taking you down to 0 HP, you will still continue to take the ongoing 5 poison damage until either A) you die, b) you make a save (if allowed) to end the ongoing damage, or c) the time limit (on any ongoing damage that doesn't allow a save) expires. C would be most common for non-damaging effects like dazed, stun, etc.

More specific example:

Lets say that your character is attacked by a fighter and is marked. That mark lasts until the end of the fighters next turn. Then, in the same turn, a warden comes over and uses a free action to mark you and others around him. Now, unless the fighter has used an effect that stated that his mark cannot be superseded, the WARDEN's mark is now what takes effect.

If on that same turn you were hit by the warden, and dropped to -2 HP, you would still have the mark until the end of the Warden's next turn. If your cleric ally healed you and you were back up to 14 HP (arbitrary number) in that same round, then you are STILL marked by the Warden.

Hope that helps!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases