L4W Discussion Thread IV

Theroc

First Post
lol, well, I had to ask, because in a post I was about to mention a tail, then I checked the PHB and it said, "Dragonborn do NOT have tails" so, I figured I'd make sure it was okay to add that fact in. Thanks for the help guys

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
As Nerdy said, though, you must not let your fluff interfere with that of others.

The other Dragonborns in play do not actually have a tail so you can't go around saying that dragonborns usually do. Therefore it might be worthwile to have an explanation as to why your dragonborn does.

Subspecies? Deformity? Actually not descended from dragons but from the lesser drakes (and having a chip over his shoulder about it because drakes are just as proud and fierce as dragons!) etc.

It can actually be an interesting character quirk.

Theroc

First Post
As Nerdy said, though, you must not let your fluff interfere with that of others.

The other Dragonborns in play do not actually have a tail so you can't go around saying that dragonborns usually do. Therefore it might be worthwile to have an explanation as to why your dragonborn does.

Subspecies? Deformity? Actually not descended from dragons but from the lesser drakes (and having a chip over his shoulder about it because drakes are just as proud and fierce as dragons!) etc.

It can actually be an interesting character quirk.

I was actually thinking it was another trait that caused him grief in his (currently vague) homeland. His almost chromatic color(almost matching a dragon's) and a tail were cause for unwanted attention there, and it's really all he can remember. He is different, but he doesn't know how it is significant. It's one of his hooks/kickers.

So yes, it plays into the concept I already had, and I didn't intend on pretending it's normal(quite the opposite).

garyh

First Post
Unacceptable. Warforged shaped like trees, chains, and bears are ok, but Dragonborn with tails is where we draw the line!

HEY HEY HEY NOW!!! Don't forget Warforged shaped like rocks! But, no, definitely, DEFINITELY no Dragonborn with tails!! ;)

Heh, you guys beat me to it. Yeah, one of the nice things about L4W is the ability to go crazy with your fluff as long as the mechanics are sound and it doesn't interfere with other PC's.

Theroc

First Post
Hm... that makes me consider fluffing Rujah's warhammer as his claws or bite, instead of using a weapon at all, he slashes or chomps. Mechanically it'd still be the same as a warhammer, obviously.

Anyways, sleeptime, I'm exhausted for whatever reason, so if I made no sense above, apologies in advance.

Oni

First Post
I just noticed that Lily has two approvals but is not noted as being approved or in the section of approved characters. I think this may stem from the spat of approvals that happened just prior to TwoHeadsBarking becoming a judge. I just wanted to double check and make sure Lily is actually approved and hasn't become lost to limbo.

renau1g

First Post
Maybe I'll ask this here (or maybe in the 4e rules area)

Can a spirit companion be marked? It says it can be targeted by a ranged or melee attack, not sure if it can be marked though from that attack?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases